Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the bills look like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
true

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the heat will fall apart in the second half again

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

coby white turned into a pumpkin

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Poppers posted:

Get ready for the loving Coby White show

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's a comedy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Let's loving go Kings can we at least lose to the Pels by single digits tonight?????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s the west . if you can’t win you are pretty much garbage garbage

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

My man you're talking like the East had more than one 51 win team and the West didn't crush it this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

light the beam?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
light the beam.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Not yet especially with Sabonis getting 2 early fouls

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

it’s the west . if you can’t win you are pretty much garbage garbage

Over the last decade there was maybe two years the East was close to or better than the West. This isn't even one of the close years.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

West winning percentage against east in intra-conference games was .577 per basketball reference, the highest since 2014-2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s way harder for east teams to go west vs the other way and the west has multiple altitude teams plus !! as has been shown the league is totally in the bag for the lakers

this is all known

on top - all things being equal - of that regular season winning % is meh since they barely try in the the regular season and the east is typically more impacted by injuries do to the travel discrepancies mentioned

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

it’s way harder for east teams to go west vs the other way and the west has multiple altitude teams plus !! as has been shown the league is totally in the bag for the lakers

this is all known

What do the Lakers have to do with the West having 11 .500 or better teams while the East only had 8? Instead of 11 vs 8 it's 10 vs. 8?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

this is all known

Do you really believe this BS

Lakers always get help but they still suck in the West, they're a below average team out here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Do you really believe this BS

those are all facts there is no believing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

this is all known

on top - all things being equal - of that regular season winning % is meh since they barely try in the the regular season and the east is typically more impacted by injuries do to the travel discrepancies mentioned

Last year all the injuries were in the West - Zion, AD, Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, Lillard, Chet, Towns, etc. It was a rare year where the east won more intraconference games (also because some players hadn't gone west in the offseason yet)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

those are all facts there is no believing

Well it's technically harder to "go west" because the teams in the West are just better

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Last year all the injuries were in the West - Zion, AD, Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, Lillard, Chet, Towns, etc.

one good player and Kawhi has been injured for like 20 years.

Lebron is still ok but he’s coasting on league support

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Well it's technically harder to "go west" because the teams in the West are just better

I’m talking about the physical act of traveling mon ami

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

I’m talking about the physical act of traveling mon ami

that doesn't make sense. going west you get extra hours to sleep to recover

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

western conference teams have a harder schedule because unlike the eastern conference every other team isn't an hour drive from each other

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I will always hate the hockey mod for probing Euphronius for posting this garbage in the SAS thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m jsut posting my ideas I’m sorry you don’t like them. what are your ideas ?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

>"Lebron has ref support"
> Lebron scores 4.1 free throws a game and Embiid scores more than 10

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

only 10? hed shoot more if they didnt cap it at one foul called per shot attempt

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Lakers absolutely have ref support, to a comical degree, which benefits LeBron.

Euphronius is right about this. But they're not even one of the many good teams in the West, they're fodder.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

euphronius posted:

I’m jsut posting my ideas I’m sorry you don’t like them. what are your ideas ?

I think the west is obviously stronger than the east, it’s been that way for as long as I’ve been a serious NBA fan. But I like your takes that I never agree with because they make me rethink my positions, even when they’re so out there that I think you’re just trolling. It’s boring when everyone agrees.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yossarian I know you want to misinterpret that chart go ahead

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm definitely blackpilled about Lakers free throws but they also don't shoot any threes. Teams that shoot more twos shoot more free throws. AD also historically draws fouls and has ever since his New Orleans days

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/3/28/24114310/doc-rivers-milwaukee-bucks-lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers

"Let’s start with a quiz: Reader, do you have any guesses for the team with the largest free throw disparity this century? Maybe these Lakers or another roster with LeBron? Perhaps a James Harden team? Maybe one with Shaq and Kobe?

All those reasonable-sounding possibilities are wrong—the average NBA fan could get 100 guesses and still not stumble on the right answer. The free throw disparity kings of the 21st century are the 2017-18 Charlotte Hornets, who went 36-46 despite attempting a whopping 722 more free throws than their opponents. It’s hard to imagine that the league office concocted a conspiracy to help those Hornets, whose leading free throw takers were Kemba Walker, Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lamb, Frank Kaminsky, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Clearly, there’s more to a large free throw disparity than player reputation or the whims of referees."

I think there are star calls but also the lack of three point shooting from the Lakers contributes

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

yossarian I know you want to misinterpret that chart go ahead

Remove the 7th place Lakers from the West and nothing changes. The West is still leagues ahead

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Euphy if I proved to you that Western teams were also better against the East at home than Eastern teams are against Western teams at home this year would you rethink what you said about the West being better because of road games?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dwight got tons of fouls back then due to his play style and shooting 57% from the line . Clifford is famous for coaching no foul defenses

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Euphy if I proved to you that Western teams were also better against the East at home than Eastern teams are against Western teams at home this year would you rethink what you said about the West being better because of road games?

I don’t think winning percentages between conferences is valid at all. it’s like telling me the temperature of a certain mountaintop on Venus . who cares

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I don’t think winning percentages between conferences is valid at all. it’s like telling me the temperature of a certain mountaintop on Venus . who cares

So what's your criteria for measuring the conferences, all NBA appearances? Recent titles (West has 3 of the last 4)? Vibes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Remove the 7th place Lakers from the West and nothing changes. The West is still leagues ahead

8th place Lakers. They do get the 7 seed though (the death seed this year).