Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

:snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

On the other hand, I'm here Steph Curry of C-SPAM

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

On the other hand, I'm here Steph Curry of C-SPAM

yeah youre a cuck bitch

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah youre a cuck bitch

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah youre a cuck bitch

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

go rockets!!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

go rockets!!!

:chloe:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

congrats on your nuggets winning the finals, Yossarian

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

What was I saying? Oh yeah, I love and respect KD. If GSW crumbles due to poor health, PHX with Book and Beal are a compelling bandwagon. KD thinks that too much love isn't good for a competitor and in some ways I agree. I personally hope he can lead the expansion SuperSonics squad in six years when he's forty and gets that feeling he had of being the local hero again, but I don't think he even wants that. He's more like KG, intense and never willing to settle

I've never heard this opinion before. I mean we're psychologizing here and we'll never know the truth but it seems to me you're saying he doesn't care about rings and winning but instead wants to have to work harder in a losing effort every year? (Maybe he should join us commies here in C-SPAM...) He wants a challenge but one where he's still on a competitive roster but not one full of nobodies, one that contains other all-stars, but he also doesn't care about being the biggest star player there (even though he is but that's just coincidence)? This sounds like nonsense.

It seems to me that the butthurt burner accounts, what looked to me at the time as not wanting to be the second biggest star on the team, the fact that he couldn't take Draymond telling him to his face that "We were winning before you got here"--that it all screams insecurity. That he wanted to win rings and then was all surprised that hey joining a team that was 73-9 without him isn't him dragging the loving Cavaliers to winning the Finals, it's him bandwagoning. And yes, that team with him could win without trying, but he's not going to be remembered as the best player of all time no matter how many rings he gets that way and he probably won't even be the first guy people mention when they talk about that team. So it doesn't matter how many Finals MVPs he was was going to get with them, it was about contemporary and future respect and he was never going to get it in that role on that team.

I'm certain I'm built differently but I'd rather be a (key) role player on a team that was going to be pretty much unbeatable forever collecting rings every year than be known as the guy who brings my talents to all these other places only to watch them implode year after year due to circumstances outside of my control. I feel like KG would've loved to have been on a team like that where he was valuable and winning and opposed to the lone star and losing or worse not the only star but still losing.

I think what he wants is to be thought of in the conversation alongside LeBron and Jordan and talent-wise he's right there with them but he's got such an obvious thirst for it that he'll never be thought of that way and it eats at him.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

congrats on your nuggets winning the finals, Yossarian

Thanks friend I wish my finals prediction was Nuggets over Bucks rather than Bucks over Nuggets at the start of the year because then I could actually brag more

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

The Warriors have overpaid but they overpaid every step of the way on Poole,

Oh right they're saving money on the gargantuan CP3 contract lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah youre a cuck bitch

headshot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I've never heard this opinion before. I mean we're psychologizing here and we'll never know the truth but it seems to me you're saying he doesn't care about rings and winning but instead wants to have to work harder in a losing effort every year? (Maybe he should join us commies here in C-SPAM...) He wants a challenge but one where he's still on a competitive roster but not one full of nobodies, one that contains other all-stars, but he also doesn't care about being the biggest star player there (even though he is but that's just coincidence)? This sounds like nonsense.

It seems to me that the butthurt burner accounts, what looked to me at the time as not wanting to be the second biggest star on the team, the fact that he couldn't take Draymond telling him to his face that "We were winning before you got here"--that it all screams insecurity. That he wanted to win rings and then was all surprised that hey joining a team that was 73-9 without him isn't him dragging the loving Cavaliers to winning the Finals, it's him bandwagoning. And yes, that team with him could win without trying, but he's not going to be remembered as the best player of all time no matter how many rings he gets that way and he probably won't even be the first guy people mention when they talk about that team. So it doesn't matter how many Finals MVPs he was was going to get with them, it was about contemporary and future respect and he was never going to get it in that role on that team.

I'm certain I'm built differently but I'd rather be a (key) role player on a team that was going to be pretty much unbeatable forever collecting rings every year than be known as the guy who brings my talents to all these other places only to watch them implode year after year due to circumstances outside of my control. I feel like KG would've loved to have been on a team like that where he was valuable and winning and opposed to the lone star and losing or worse not the only star but still losing.

I think what he wants is to be thought of in the conversation alongside LeBron and Jordan and talent-wise he's right there with them but he's got such an obvious thirst for it that he'll never be thought of that way and it eats at him.

i got to the last paragraph before i realized this was about kd and not about jordan poole

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

you're saying he doesn't care about rings and winning but instead wants to have to work harder in a losing effort every year?

haha no absolutely not. i think it eats him up inside like you said: the draymond "we were winning without you," thing is real, green knows kevin hates that and it's true.

absolutely, but I refuse to say never, in this case. He will need to keep balling until he is late-thirty-forty to be thought of that way.

KD absolutely wants to be on a team that wasn't winning before, and is winning because of him. Jordan proved that by swinging around Birmingham. LeBron heard the same criticism KD gets now, in the period after the Heatles and before the 3-1 Cavs chasedown. If in that in-between period, LeBron had suffered a serious injury that had required two years to repair, or if Kyrie had decided not to play, how would LeBron would be considered if it took him six instead of three years to win his next championship? Obviously winning more championships is flatly better than winning less, obviously there are a million players who say, "if I hadn't gotten hurt."

I try not to argue because I know I'm bad at it. I know the GOAT lists and legacy questions are old: The Conversation is like spam, long shelf life and a staple of last resort. I love thinking about it though, guilty pleasures.

forever collecting rings every year

This is where I will say never. Every year is a pipe dream. The Red Auerbach Celts won before Bill Russell, in a league with 10 teams and three playoff rounds where only the Finals were best-of-7, and continued to win every year for the decade with Bill Russell, in a league that only just finally expanded during his last three years as coach, and only just made their first round playoffs best-of-7.

If it were possible to build a ten year superteam in the post-merger era, that team would need that 20 rebounds every day guy and a speedy two-way guard like Magic that looms exactly as large as the board man, both healthy throughout. That team would need ten role players that play like all-stars but aren't paid like all-stars, and when they do get paid by someone else you need to find more. Post-merger I think that is impossible, you could do that for five years in a row, or five out of ten years, but never ten out of ten ever again. Institutionally even, the league takes steps to break up that monopoly and I think that's a good thing.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Yossarian-22 posted:

Oh right they're saving money on the gargantuan CP3 contract lmao

lol i know. this felt like the Warriors last year as norcal leaders. the Kings just look superior in every way now.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fart simpson posted:

i got to the last paragraph before i realized this was about kd and not about jordan poole

poole wishes. i call andrew wiggins "maple jordan" more often than i refer to poole by his first name.

i wish the young man would prove me wrong, i love the gilbert arenas, jeremy lin guys that prove the bastards wrong, the rakes in the "lightyears ahead administration" need that bitter medicine. but neither lin nor arenas were ever close to winning a ring.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

if poole thinks hes better than Chris Paul when he's wearing Steph's forty in the finals ring, that is splash brothers syndrome.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

playoff performance is overrated and the way we consume the game is trash

and you better believe i'm gonna keep drinking that garbage

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
this loving article https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/warriors-jordan-poole-perfect-tanking-wizards-18167787.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

quote:

The third trade, though, is the one that showed how serious this new front office was: dealing Chris Paul to the Warriors for Jordan Poole.

Even at 38, Paul’s basketball genius and veteran savvy would have been enough to give the Wizards some wins they definitely didn’t deserve — just look at the surprisingly frisky 2019-20 Thunder. The Wizards must have seen that possibility and decided not only that they wanted no part in those victories but also that they wanted the antithesis of that kind of veteran presence on the team. Poole checks both anti-boxes perfectly.

Over the past six months or so, Poole went from future star to liability as the Warriors decided they were out of patience while Steph Curry’s title window is still open. Financially, his upcoming salary would have forced the team into the more draconian penalties of the Warriors-targeted collective bargaining agreement. On the court, his reckless gunning and impression of a drunk baby giraffe while dribbling played a significant role in the Warriors’ postseason elimination.

quote:

On the court, his reckless gunning and impression of a drunk baby giraffe while dribbling played a significant role in the Warriors’ postseason elimination.

lmao

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I'm not terribly excited about Chris Paul but gently caress yes, give the ball to someone that won't turn it over in the last 30 seconds thank you very much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

isn’t the owners son now running the FO

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

isn’t the owners son now running the FO

no, its Mike Dunleavy Jr

oh Front Office.... ummm yeah probably but who cares. Someone in charge is definitely changing poo poo up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking at google and it seems that the owners son is running the team . good luck

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'm at peace with the sixers running it back without glenn rivers.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There’s no way Tobias ends the season on the Sixers.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the fire engine had a thin red line flag affixed to the tail end

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

The Under-19 FIBA World Cup hosted in Hungary, is live and free on youtube

Egypt vs Japan on right now, with more games scheduled throughout the day.

United States are in a group with Madagascar, Lebanon, and Slovenia. USA skunked Madagascar 136–69, and will face Slovenia in eight hours.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pohl posted:

I'm not terribly excited about Chris Paul but gently caress yes, give the ball to someone that won't turn it over in the last 30 seconds thank you very much.

yeah but there’s tons of people like that. malik fitts won’t turn the ball over either

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

just gonna note some of the kids that look decent today and edit more in as i go

JPN 6'8'' SG #4 Tajon Akira JACOBS (NBA Global Academy Australia)
JPN 6'7'' PF #14 Yuto KAWASHIMA (NBA Global Academy Australia)
EGY 6'8'' PF #7 Belal ELSHAKERY (Gezira Sporting Club, Egypt)
EGY 6'4'' SF #8 Ibrahim ZAHRAN (Al Ahly Sporting Club, Egypt)
SRB 6'8'' PF #17 Lazar DJOKOVIC (Crvena Zvezda MTS, Serbia)
SRB 6'2'' PG #5 Ilija MILIJASEVIC (Spartak Subotica, Serbia)
SRB 6'8'' C #23 Nikola DJAPA (Long Island University, Brooklyn, USA)
SRB 6'8'' C #0 Aleksa MILENKOVIC (OKK Beograd, Serbia)
SRB 6'7'' SG/F Filip BOROVIĆANIN (University of Arizona Wildcats, Tucson, USA)
BRA 6'2'' PG #7 Vitor DA SILVA BRANDÃO (Club Athletico Paulistano, Brazil)
BRA 6'4'' SF #9 Reynan SANTOS (Franca Basketball Club, Brazil)
BRA 6'8'' PF #13 Leandro CARDOSO INACIO (Paulistano Athletic Club, Brazil)
BRA 6'9'' C #12 Vítor FARIAS (Franca Basketball Club, Brazil)

TDepressionEarl has issued a correction as of 13:36 on Jun 25, 2023

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

yeah but there’s tons of people like that. malik fitts won’t turn the ball over either

Poole was a special case of pride completely removing all sense of reason. Anyone that could dribble the ball would be better in those moments -- fact is I don't even know why the gently caress they let him handle the ball at the end of the game unless it was a catch and shoot situation. I'm assuming they told him to stop that poo poo and he just ignored them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s 22-23 or was

you need to do that poo poo to learn.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pohl posted:

Poole was a special case of pride completely removing all sense of reason. Anyone that could dribble the ball would be better in those moments -- fact is I don't even know why the gently caress they let him handle the ball at the end of the game unless it was a catch and shoot situation. I'm assuming they told him to stop that poo poo and he just ignored them.

i meant that chrisp aul will be sitting on the bench in those situations. hell be injured

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anyway im sad to see marcus smart go.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kristaps is incredibly soft but I’m sure he will turn into mad max on Boston

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Kristaps is incredibly soft but I’m sure he will turn into mad max on Boston

It wasn't a good trade but Boston only had so many options if they wanted to get whiter and they can't let good be the enemy of perfect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it should be alarming that he played all those minutes and Washington was still garbage

I’ve learned not to discount brad stevens tho. he’s pretty good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

marcus smart was the most fun celtic to watch. i would have rather they traded anyone else lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

watch porzingis be injured for the playoffs literally every year he’s on the celtics lol