Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I don't recognize the existence of college basketball so I'm just staring at your post with a blank dead look while thinking of Ben Simmons and wondering what video game he's playing right now

That’s fair it’s like if Obama’s all Wall Street pick-up team beat the Celtics

Well maybe not the Celtics, let’s go with Denver

That doesn’t really work either idk it’s just funny as hell

euphronius posted:

when does March madness start ?

lol

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

It started in March of 1872 and has yet to cease.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's go Brooklyn. I would be happy if they could beat the Knicks at least since there's really nothing left to care about this year.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

It started in March of 1872 and has yet to cease.

I’m not entirely sure this is right. While the ball was well known at the time, would be another decade at least before Americans discovered the basket, and still longer before they figured out things could go inside of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress it

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

In the 1800s March Madness used to just be syphillis

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

James Harden is so unlikable. How he has fans ia beyond me.

Now Kawhi, that man is likable. He seems like a chill guy you could have a chill time with.

Paul George has serious two first name energy. That can be a good thing as long as youre prepared for it. Also he fishes, which Ive always wanted to know more about.

Kawhi has two first names unless his actual first name doesn't count.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Kawhi isn’t a first name, it’s just a name they put first

Important distinction

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Important distinction

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I noticed there's a lot of players with weird K names and basic old white guy names as last names.

Kyrie Irving
Kobe Bryant
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Walker Kessler inverted that paradigm.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

Let's go Brooklyn. I would be happy if they could beat the Knicks at least since there's really nothing left to care about this year.

In Training posted:

gently caress it

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Important distinction

Kawhi is a noble title actually

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

putrid

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

a few days ago. I did the "make the same bet on every underdog" thing and it's made me decent money so far

e: hmm actually after placing another round of bets last night I’m just even. some of these losers better come through today.

indigi has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Mar 24, 2024

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

indigi posted:

a few days ago. I did the "make the same bet on every underdog" thing and it's made me decent money so far

e: hmm actually after placing another round of bets last night I’m just even. some of these losers better come through today.

The house always wins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they didn’t yet. I just need to die and they never will

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Always only bet unders in March Madness, you're welcome

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mdemone posted:

Always only bet unders in March Madness, you're welcome

Do homers betting overs on their own teams move the line that much relative to regular sports betting?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

5 points is an insurmountable lead in college

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1772275077280858370

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Azathoth posted:

Do homers betting overs on their own teams move the line that much relative to regular sports betting?

No, it happens because teams are unfamiliar with each other and generally play a little slower pace than they do in the regular season

also I mean total unders, not team unders.

of course this does not apply to all games. two high-scoring, high-pace teams will usually go over.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mdemone posted:

No, it happens because teams are unfamiliar with each other and generally play a little slower pace than they do in the regular season

also I mean total unders, not team unders.

of course this does not apply to all games. two high-scoring, high-pace teams will usually go over.

Oh got ya, that makes more sense. Thank you for the explanation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this nets raptors game SUCKS but hell at least I learned that Toronto's center isn't in the lineup tonight because of a "gambling irregularity investigation" lol. First domino to fall for the NBA writers???

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

In Training posted:

this nets raptors game SUCKS but hell at least I learned that Toronto's center isn't in the lineup tonight because of a "gambling irregularity investigation" lol. First domino to fall for the NBA writers???

lmao yeah he apparently bet on his under and then kept getting injured at the start of games?

this season has had everything for toronto (except winning games)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

how do you say “ground-rule double” in japanese? is it a loan word?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://x.com/heyhalima/status/1772394622662123815

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

how do you say “ground-rule double” in japanese? is it a loan word?

I believe it is 家は常に勝つ

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

sochan :dogstare:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Glad Embiid was out today. Kings got their first win against the 76ers 5 years!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's interesting to see the people rushing to give Ohtani a pass on his gambling issue in comparison to the Porter thing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

well at least ohtani had someone to throw under the bus whereas the porter thing just looks completely obvious

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Porter forgot that the House always wins and when they lose they find out why

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi posted:

it's interesting to see the people rushing to give Ohtani a pass on his gambling issue in comparison to the Porter thing

well one is a generational baseball talent and the other guy is the like the 10th center the raptors have had since 2020

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Sports leagues also really, really, really want to give athletes a pass (see: Giddey, Josh) and Ohtani gave them that fig leaf they could use to pretend he didn't do anything, Porter didn't even bother with that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I get why the respective leagues would protect Ohtani over Porter but like... we ain't on the league's payroll

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

your not? i am

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I just want to see Ohtani rack up Ks and dingers I don't care if he gambles.

If you're cool enough you get a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Retromancer posted:

rack up Ks and dingers

Normal thing that normal not deranged people say