Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Azathoth posted:

Unless he's spent his rehab time bulking up, he better hope they don't ask him to play a ton of minutes. That isn't a frame made for an 82 game grind.

what about wemby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

what about wemby

Unless he's gonna do the Durant thing, same deal. I expect they'll put him on whatever feeding regimen that Porzingis was on though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

Unless he's gonna do the Durant thing, same deal. I expect they'll put him on whatever feeding regimen that Porzingis was on though.

it’s called GOMAD

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PD4XsoeNZU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

John Collins was probably the 2nd best player on the Hawks team that made the Eastern finals and he just got traded for Rudy Gay. He sucked hard last year and his contract was awful

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

okc will be giving tons of minutes to Chet holmgren so I’d be surprised if they win 35 games

Euphy with your posting history this means Chet will be finals MVP this year

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

who is the best non-euro whiteboy? Herro?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Euphy with your posting history this means Chet will be finals MVP this year

Thread is 4 pages old

not much to go on

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I feel like Walker Kessler is the best American white guy atm but Chet will probably claim the title next year

Austin Reaves looks like he's going to get a big payday soon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why does Dame Lillard get such good press and have such power over his franchise ? I don’t get it

is he a super nice guy ?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It reminds me a lot of KG and the Wolves before the trade. The media loves guys who want to be one franchise guys for their entire career. He's also been much less disgruntled than a lot of guys would be in the same circumstance, so I think reporters give him a lot of credit for sticking around despite the org pretty consistently not making great decisions.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

It reminds me a lot of KG and the Wolves before the trade. The media loves guys who want to be one franchise guys for their entire career. He's also been much less disgruntled than a lot of guys would be in the same circumstance, so I think reporters give him a lot of credit for sticking around despite the org pretty consistently not making great decisions.

like marcus smart?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/LarkSkin_B/status/1673006479970914304?s=20
don't worry about it, you'll be in sacramento next year

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

https://twitter.com/LarkSkin_B/status/1673006479970914304?s=20
don't worry about it, you'll be in sacramento next year

lmao

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Bleacher Report - Basketball in China Part II: The Evolution posted:

An estimated 300 million Chinese citizens play basketball — roughly equivalent to the entire population of the United States, according to the Chinese Basketball Association.

FIBA Under-19 World Cup
Round of 16
Halftime
CHN 35
USA 50

Asa Newell and Tobe Awaka have made it very difficult for bigs like Hansen Yang and Hoaran Wang but that's the main way China have scored today. Either that or the free throw line, China are 1/11 from three.

United States are 11/22 in the paint, and 4/10 from three. The American roster is really deep so I don't really expect many gaudy scorelines unless China tightens the gap, in the blowout games each player got about a minimum of ten minutes. United States has beaten China in their last six matches and the margin has been least sixteen or greater in each one.

as I typed out that dismissal, China went on a 13-2 run.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

China were up 59-58 and haven't scored in five minutes.
By the time they end the drought its 61-77 USA.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

In the Brazil-Argentina game, with Brazil down by four and shooting two, Vitor Da Silva BRANDÃO made the first and intentionally missed the second. The deflect hard off the front of the rim came right back to it. A defender came up to him and knocked the ball out of bounds but his team got possession again in the front court down three with two seconds.

REYNAN Santos rebounded like a monster and had to leave early after needing to foul twice to induce forced bonus

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fart simpson posted:

what about wemby
Victor Wembanyama won't play for France in FIBA World Cup: 'I think it's a necessary sacrifice'
Liz Roscher, yahoo! sports

Liz Roscher posted:

Wembanyama hasn't had much time to rest lately. He's been playing with Boulogne-Levallois Metropolitans 92, his team in France, since September 2022, a 62-game stretch that ended June 15, when Boulogne-Levallois lost in the LNB Pro A finals. From there he went to the NBA Draft, and after a stopover in San Antonio to visit his new city and venue, he's headed to the NBA Summer League.

If Wembanyama had decided to play for France in the FIBA World Cup, he would have gone from Summer League, which ends July 17, right to France to practice with the team. The FIBA World Cup runs from Aug. 25 to Sept. 10, which means he would have gone from that event directly to NBA training camp.

article says there was no pressure from the spurs, but i says coach pop definitely just introduced victor to the duncan dynasty team to instill that purestrain spurs culture. spurs western conference semis this year, finals the next year. spurs are inevitable.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1674200052913385472?s=20
pay that man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would expect something like 2/20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers star James Harden has decided to exercise his $35.6MM player option for 2023/24, but he doesn’t intend to return to Philadelphia, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to Charania, the plan is for Harden to work together with the 76ers to find him a new home via trade.

omfg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter link) confirms that Philadelphia and Harden have begun to explore trade scenarios, adding that the expectation is that the 10-time All-Star has played his last game as a Sixer.

lamo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it might be for the best and he's doing them a favor rather than opting out and then they can only spend like $12m on a replacement

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s literally the best case scenario imho

sixers actually doing smart things

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the clips and knicks are mentioned. does PG want out? I feel like him being traded was floated recently?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

clippers soured in PG becuase he’s injured all the time and wants an extension

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what if kawhi wanted to reunite with nurse

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KL wants to live in San Diego

that’s his number 1 thing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Sixers star James Harden has decided to exercise his $35.6MM player option for 2023/24, but he doesn’t intend to return to Philadelphia, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to Charania, the plan is for Harden to work together with the 76ers to find him a new home via trade.

omfg

I wonder if he still commands superstar trade value

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he was pretty good last year

we will see

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

any residual value he has for his on court ability will be heavily deprecated by the fact that who ever traded for him will have to sign him to a huge deal

unless they are going into it thinking it will be one and done

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden would be incredible in minesota

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

harden would be incredible in minesota

Harden for KAT would be a hilarious trade. We probably even have the defense to cover up for him if we're not covering for KAT.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was going to say Conley and picks but … lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I was going to say Conley and picks but … lol

NBA rules say we can't trade the ones we kept since teams gotta have a first rounder every other year and we gave up all our first round picks for Gobert (along with pick swaps). All we got are 2nds and whoever is still under contract.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah that was the lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Praying for a trade to NYK with Brunson and Hart coming back.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Or Lavine

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

I love nick nurse I want him to coach the sixers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU