Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol eat poo poo heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We're looking at a potential season sweep of the Lakers by the Kings!!!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lebron 3-12 with 9 points. If we can hold him to 0 points in the 4th we can end his double digit point streak at 1208!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Yossarian-22 posted:

Lebron 3-12 with 9 points. If we can hold him to 0 points in the 4th we can end his double digit point streak at 1208!

the transfusion kicked in

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We didn't end the streak but Kings did sweep the Lakers!!!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

We didn't end the streak but Kings did sweep the Lakers!!!!
Best case scenario

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

suxers might win this

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The West is back to having something like a 56% winning percentage against the East. Guess the fluke years of Durant/Harden/Kyrie going East are over

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

The West is back to having something like a 56% winning percentage against the East. Guess the fluke years of Durant/Harden/Kyrie going East are over

why would 1 good player tilt the balance?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
also only 1.5 of them were healthy at a given time

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We gotta really stretch the definition of healthy/unhealthy here as two of them were out for bizarro reasons such as going to strip clubs, not getting the vaxx, being anti-Semitic, etc.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

We gotta really stretch the definition of healthy/unhealthy here as two of them were out for bizarro reasons such as going to strip clubs, not getting the vaxx, being anti-Semitic, etc.

none of those behaviors are super healthy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

RFK should of asked Kyrie instead of Rogers

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I loving love talking Jewish vaccine conspiracies in the strip club

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Knicks-Kings super physical game :O

You can see that Brunson is obviously better than Fox watching it tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1769147257755254810?t=jBksG5qLaOHZe-bAsbZgag&s=19

Can someone explain to me the point of a ten-day contract

I'm happy for IT but if it's just a week and a half it kind of feels more like an activity than a comeback

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1769147257755254810?t=jBksG5qLaOHZe-bAsbZgag&s=19

I'm happy for IT but if it's just a week and a half it kind of feels more like an activity than a comeback

Celtics should hire IT as a Front Office / Bench Coach no-show job for $15m a year to make good and end the curse.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

for the team the point is to take a flyer, give some bench guys some rest, see if you can work some magic.

for the player - you get to be on, and travel with, an NBA team for a week and a half. plus you get a pay raise to do it. I can't imagine many cooler ways for someone to spend ten days

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Also useful for when injuries pile up and they need someone to step in briefly off the bench but they anticipate getting guys back and so they don't want to sign someone for the remainder of the season.

A couple years ago the Wolves had a shitload of injuries and then they had a couple more guys out on extremely short notice so they were forced to sign a guy to a 10 day contract simply because he was able to make it to the arena on like three hours notice, otherwise they would have had to forfeit because they didn't have a full team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it could also get picked up for a playoff roster and earn a big bonus check that way

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

kyrie with an insane buzzer beater hook to win it over denver, incredible close

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat how did the Bucks do that? wasn't Giannis out?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

looks like Durant had a poo poo game

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

indigi posted:

drat how did the Bucks do that? wasn't Giannis out?

the doc rivers effect

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sam Hauser has 30 points in the ongoing Celtics game, all 30 from 3pt fgs. He's 10-13 from 3 tonight

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/UsherNBA/status/1769512531515617423?s=20

I keep telling people how insane this is but they just shrug it off

absolutely pristine defense but my man has no chance

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

get hosed you brooklyn bums

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tristeham posted:

they got distracted by sochan's shorts

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Great game winner from Kyrie yesterday

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tristeham posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's always Next Year

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
i am so excited to see noted lunatic kai jones play for my beloved seventy sixers

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I think he is just a 19 year old who had an unfortunately public mental break.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

What happened to the josh giddey situation

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Los Angeles Clippers suck rear end and are going to get their cheeks split in 5 by the Pelicans.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

inferis posted:

What happened to the josh giddey situation

witnesses wouldn't cooperate with the investigation iirc so nothing lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

indigi posted:

witnesses wouldn't cooperate with the investigation iirc so nothing lol

honestly I wouldn’t either, people still defend kobe even after he more or less admitted it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

inferis posted:

honestly I wouldn’t either, people still defend kobe even after he more or less admitted it

Giddey is a fuckin nobody 20 year old in OKC he has no Kobe pull, I bet he paid the family off, they probably didn’t think it was egregious enough to press the issue

e: also he's Australian. gently caress that continent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

Giddey is a fuckin nobody 20 year old in OKC he has no Kobe pull, I bet he paid the family off, they probably didn’t think it was egregious enough to press the issue

e: also he's Australian. gently caress that continent

He definitely paid off the family and any witnesses and so the league was all like "welp we have video evidence of him getting naked with a 15 year old but that doesn't prove statutory rape so we have no choice but to sweep this under the rug"