Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings have like four guys hurt including Huerter (for the season) and Monk (for 4-6 weeks) and we just lost two critical games against Dallas. It's never been more Joever than it is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kingcobweb posted:

good song. this one’s also good (gza wrote his verse, rza produced)

https://youtu.be/JsLG8ynicBA?si=uuESP3XPmLYyXVFa

he'll yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hawks got owned tonight, twolves are gonna own the Bulls tomorrow and the Nets will own the Fakers. The pieces are falling into place.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

In Training posted:

Hawks got owned tonight, twolves are gonna own the Bulls tomorrow and the Nets will own the Fakers. The pieces are falling into place.

I mean, to be expected. The only good team the Hawks consistently beat is the Celtics. Why I dunno.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I mean, to be expected. The only good team the Hawks consistently beat is the Celtics. Why I dunno.

i know why

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

In Training posted:

Hmm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trust the process.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol check out teenage jordan walsh's hair

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Celtics frauds?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

anthony edwards a combined 1-17 from 3 over his last 3 games.......... dude needs to figure it out or stick with his paint moves

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

anthony edwards a combined 1-17 from 3 over his last 3 games.......... dude needs to figure it out or stick with his paint moves

eh, better for him to shoot through it now and get it back for the playoffs when he will need that to make defenders close out on him (so he can then drive past them as they close or give him an open shot)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

eh, better for him to shoot through it now and get it back for the playoffs when he will need that to make defenders close out on him (so he can then drive past them as they close or give him an open shot)

yeah, true...... went 0-8 against denver the other night and we still beat them handily, then 0-5 against the bulls last night in a frustrating loss where we were really missing KAT after a good stretch without him. hoping KAT's back to at least 90% by round 2 (if we don't poo poo the be in the first round)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

because the games literally no longer matter at all

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yeah, true...... went 0-8 against denver the other night and we still beat them handily, then 0-5 against the bulls last night in a frustrating loss where we were really missing KAT after a good stretch without him. hoping KAT's back to at least 90% by round 2 (if we don't poo poo the be in the first round)

They can cobble together enough offense without KAT but if Ant isn't having a good game, they probably should lose. They have won a few recently that they probably shouldn't have won.

Honestly I'm surprised by how well this stretch has been without KAT given that they were already light on offense even with him in. Having Naz helps a lot but him being in the starting lineup means that the only spark off the bench is gonna be a defensive guy like NAW going off and that's not viable long term.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fart simpson posted:

jordan would never

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shear Modulus posted:

jordan would never

fart simpson posted:

lol check out teenage jordan walsh's hair

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

They can cobble together enough offense without KAT but if Ant isn't having a good game, they probably should lose. They have won a few recently that they probably shouldn't have won.

Honestly I'm surprised by how well this stretch has been without KAT given that they were already light on offense even with him in. Having Naz helps a lot but him being in the starting lineup means that the only spark off the bench is gonna be a defensive guy like NAW going off and that's not viable long term.

yeah mike conley's been stepping up too, but agree the bench gets a lot shallower with naz starting

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yeah mike conley's been stepping up too, but agree the bench gets a lot shallower with naz starting

Yeah, that stretch with Luka Garza playing meaningful minutes is probably a sign of things to come. No idea if any of the other end of the bench guys are gonna get non-garbage time, but I'd expect to see it especially towards the end of the season once seeding is more settled. Maybe one of the guys will step up and give a scoring punch but I'm not exactly optimistic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting hype for the Playoffs. Better luck next year Brooklyn.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I mean hawks have always given the celtics problems, but go off queen.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I mean hawks have always given the celtics problems, but go off queen.

ojk i will

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sam hauser is the white sam hauser

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

In Training posted:

Getting hype for the Playoffs. Better luck next year Brooklyn.

It's ok at least the Nets have lots of draft picks over the next few years :smugdon:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

this year is the good year to have draft picks i hear

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Oh I forgot that they got such a huge haul of picks for Durant. derp

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

What NBA contender do you think trades up to get Bronny just because you get 1-2 years of Lebron for free?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Retromancer posted:

What NBA contender do you think trades up to get Bronny just because you get 1-2 years of Lebron for free?

nets?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

Injured-reserve Lebron watching Bronny play from the bench

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spurs need some small men now that we have a big man

If the small men are tall that is good too

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Retromancer posted:

Clippers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just judging from national media I find it hard to believe anyone is really sweating Bronny or 40 year old Bron that much to trade up unless there's an open box special on a late pick

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

indigi posted:

just judging from national media I find it hard to believe anyone is really sweating Bronny or 40 year old Bron that much to trade up unless there's an open box special on a late pick

40 year old Bron is still a top 20 player and he said he'd take league minimum to play with his son which would immediately become the best contract in the league.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Retromancer posted:

40 year old Bron is still a top 20 player and he said he'd take league minimum to play with his son which would immediately become the best contract in the league.

i think he walked that back, and my fanfic is that it was after talking with his son who wants to have his own goddamned career

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He did walk it back once it became clear Bronny was gonna get drafted on his own. When he said that Bronny was a marginal second round pick but now it looks like he's gonna be a first rounder assuming there's not ongoing complications from his heart issue.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

prob won’t end up playing much but curious to see his condition

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1775280797437624699

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

back with plenty of time to play himself into his typical postseason shape (injured)

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Azathoth posted:

He did walk it back once it became clear Bronny was gonna get drafted on his own. When he said that Bronny was a marginal second round pick but now it looks like he's gonna be a first rounder assuming there's not ongoing complications from his heart issue.

The evolution of draft people's opinions on Bronny is very weird to me. There's been players before where the "His game will look better in the pros than college" was used as a line of thinking, but I don't think any of them looked as bad as Bronny does.

He'll probably be a good defender - though not as valuable since he's not gonna be able to guard as many 3s - but I really don't get what people think in his offensive game somehow translate better at the pro level

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

back with plenty of time to play himself into his typical postseason shape (injured)

hes already injured

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Telluric Whistler posted:

The evolution of draft people's opinions on Bronny is very weird to me. There's been players before where the "His game will look better in the pros than college" was used as a line of thinking, but I don't think any of them looked as bad as Bronny does.

He'll probably be a good defender - though not as valuable since he's not gonna be able to guard as many 3s - but I really don't get what people think in his offensive game somehow translate better at the pro level

I can kind of understand. The children of pro athletes have an advantage in that they're not going to be blindsided by the demands of the NBA. A lot of talented players wash out quickly because for the first time in their lives they're not the big man on campus. Less of a concern with someone like Bronny.

He does need to go back for at least one more season to try to learn to shoot but he's already got the defensive chops to play in the NBA. If he came out this season, he'd be a solid pick in the back half of the first round even without the possibility of picking up his dad for league minimum for a season. Plenty of athletic guys who can't shoot get drafted there every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
more like joel embiinjured (original joke do not steal)