Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

marcus smart was the most fun celtic to watch. i would have rather they traded anyone else lol

He was also my favorite celtics player, as a fan of whatever team may be playing against the Celtics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I can understand liking him if he’s on your team

the refs absolutely loved him. but maybe that is just their overall love for Boston in general

Btw, anyone know who won the championship this year?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Sixers star James Harden has decided to exercise his $35.6MM player option for 2023/24, but he doesn’t intend to return to Philadelphia, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to Charania, the plan is for Harden to work together with the 76ers to find him a new home via trade.

omfg

I wonder if he still commands superstar trade value

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ClassActionFursuit posted:

ESPN got rid of JVG while keeping Mark Jackson? This is awful

they're both bad so technically it's a step in the right direction

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

did anyone have FVV getting 40 million a year

Rockets, huh? Does his salary match with Harden's?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Rockets needed a guard and FVV is underrated

He's overrated if he's getting the max.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
RIP Blazebros

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Rockets are going nuts and overpaying everyone

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

J aden Springer on his first practice with new Sixers coach Nick Nurse: “[He was] stopping drills and stepping in and giving us points on what to do here and there. I haven’t seen that too much since I’ve been in the league”

lmao

That's really funny

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Sabonis will always be a poor man's Jokic and that's okay. Jokic is one of the greatest players of all time so Sabonis can be a top 15-20 player consistently. Fox has a higher ceiling though

Jokic but scared to take open shots is kinda lovely in its own particular way because it's difficult to be an effective playmaker if the defense can sag off of you and focus on denying shooters and cutters

Maybe he can develop that part of his game though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Also Sabonis is listed at 7' 1" but theres just no loving way. He plays like he's 6' 10".

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

My pronouns are "washed at 30"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Down bad

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

wiseman looks terrible

he need to refocus on hitting 3s and playing high effort d

I'm not sure he should be shooting much at all, from three or otherwise. Playing like a primary scorer was a big part of why he was a bust for the Warriors. If he gets the ball on the perimeter he should be looking to hand it off and set a screen.

Of course he can do whatever in preseason anyway

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

wemby brings the ball down way too much

they will drill that out of him I guess

He plays like a Super Gobert trying to be a Super KD so far

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’ve been watching the summer league games closet and wemby has an insane shot suppression zone. like 70% of the offensive zone

it’s crazy.

yeah his defensive impact is unreal, he can take a single step and block your jumper from 8 feet away

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

is this the ritual the Spurs used to secure the #1 pick?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
a gobert who can also shut down perimeter shooting wings rather than getting torched by them would be the best defensive player in the league by a good margin

still really early for that sort of thought but ill have to catch the Spurs opening season games and see how he looks against real competition

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good sign. 5th ring incoming. Congrats, Chris Paul.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

his career arc has shades of Kevin Garnett and I hope Philly fans are as happy for him as Wolves fans were for KG when he won it all elsewhere

impossible premise, Philly fans are never happy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jeb!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Nvm I think it's parody. I so want it to be real though

Harden is a burger guy, not a pizza guy. Everyone knows this. SMH.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

embiid doesn’t have much value. I’d look to see what Roy hibert or Rudy gobert was traded for

Hes the reigning mvp op

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

he looks so calm and not weepy in that picture

Yeah it's not a great likeness

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The investigation has concluded. We will not be responding to any follow-up questions.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://futurism.com/msn-ai-brandon-hunter-useless

Former NBA player Brandon Hunter passed away unexpectedly at the young age of 42 this week, a tragedy that rattled fans of his 2000s career with the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic.

But in an unhinged twist on what was otherwise a somber news story, Microsoft's MSN news portal published a garbled, seemingly AI-generated article that derided Hunter as "useless" in its headline.

"Brandon Hunter useless at 42," read the article, which was quickly called out on social media. The rest of the brief report is even more incomprehensible, informing readers that Hunter "handed away" after achieving "vital success as a ahead [sic] for the Bobcats" and "performed in 67 video games."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Lillard to the Bucks?? wtf

lol @ Dame making GBS threads on KD for joining a championship team just a week ago

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://streamable.com/xgjc9r

lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmfao why did the suns agree this this

they must really hate Ayton

also desperate to fill out their sad loving bench I guess

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

folks are taking butlers new hair hard in the ig comments section

drat people are stupid as hell

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

a second round clippers pick is practically worth less

2nd round picks are the main currency of the modern NBA, everyone loves them now

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Also the Celtics moves make more sense if you switch around the sides of the trades

like, instead of Smart for Porzingis and RW3 for Holiday, imagine that we traded RW3 (defensive big; injury-prone) for KP (two-way big; can shoot; injury-prone) and Smart (defensive guard; has main-character syndrome on offense) for Holiday (defensive guard; is used to playing with Giannis and won't try to be the hero all the time but can sometimes if necessary)

like I love Smart and it hurts to see him with normal color hair in a different uniform but Holiday is probably an upgrade

Jrue Holiday is definitely an upgrade over Smart. People focus on the defensive element but he's also a decent shooter. Smart was well below league average on threes and he would never stop chucking them. Jrue had a bad series against the Heat but that's about it.

Regular season shooting splits for 22-23 Jrue: 38.4% from three, 54.2% from two, 85.9% from the line.

For Smart: 33.6% from three, 51.9% from two, 74.6% from the line. That's doodoo dogshit shooting for a point guard. And btw his career averages are even worse.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

smart earns half of what holiday earns and will next year be earning like 1/3

As is appropriate

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
They're in win now mode, gotta pay the piper

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
TNT promo graphic for the openers tonight, featuring Nuggets-Lakers followed by Suns-Warriors

hmmm

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

absolutely disgusting

I still can't believe Chris Paul is on the Warriors

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

turns out wemby was overhyped and hes actually not good at all lol!

He seemed to score whenever he touched the ball

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

dudes 9 feet tall and he only had 5 rebounds and lost the game for the spurs

His teammates played like morons and threw the game with turnovers, nothing he could do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

I wanna bet money on Halliburton being MVP and the Thunder being first in the West

I can just take your money now if you want