Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is an insane amount of money but if they let Jaylen walk everyone would be rightfully dunking on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1683891456107216911?t=sflzpnvZcco9cZ_ExCyzgg&s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't believe I went all the way through this postseason without posting in the NBA thread

The Dame saga was loving hilarious esp when you've been seeing how Heat fans were posting the whole time

https://twitter.com/CousinTurn/status/1709998066965905626

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also the Celtics moves make more sense if you switch around the sides of the trades

like, instead of Smart for Porzingis and RW3 for Holiday, imagine that we traded RW3 (defensive big; injury-prone) for KP (two-way big; can shoot; injury-prone) and Smart (defensive guard; has main-character syndrome on offense) for Holiday (defensive guard; is used to playing with Giannis and won't try to be the hero all the time but can sometimes if necessary)

like I love Smart and it hurts to see him with normal color hair in a different uniform but Holiday is probably an upgrade

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1712561872334119060

lmaoooo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/lastplacecomics/status/1691892057537732902?t=a796I3cNLx4bNol-dIeDmQ&s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In Training posted:

Projected Starters
10 - B. Simmons (G/F)

LFG. He's got this.

Honestly it was about time Bill earned a starting spot, good for him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jayson Tatum is good
Kristaps Porzingis is good
The Celtics are good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Post didn't age well lol

How do these mid teams keep having unbelievable 3-pt shooting performances against us, it's infuriating

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What a rollercoaster comeback by the lowly underdog Boston Celtics against the mighty New York Knicks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

Harden tried to get on the plane to Milwaukee and the Sixers brass had security stop and turn him away.

I was hoping they held off on telling him he was released until right now so they could do it in the most publicly embarrassing way possible but it looks like they just really want him to work out in Philly and not bring his bad vibes on the road by force if necessary

https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1717599215944098193

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

this is how I learn about what I’m assuming is a mass shooting in, taking a guess, Iowa

It was in Maine so that guy very well might have actually been local

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

On the one hand, Euph is one game in and already complaining about the refs

On the other hand, the refs DO give Giannis every call, it's true and I cannot deny it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol I just checked the score

They lost to the popular favorites to win the East by one loving point

Sixers fans never change

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If Damian Lillard gets 37 points instead of 39, you win that game. Chill your pills

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

maybe the sixers should have stopped fouling him!!

Really he should have gotten 40 ftas, they were fouling him five or six times every play. Proof the refs are conspiring, both against the bucks and for the sixers (coincidentally and separately)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I dunno if LeBron is strictly better than Bird/Magic/Russell/Wilt/Jordan etc but my impression is that The Game has evolved in a way that has forced players to adapt, meaning that modern strategies will beat older ones or the strategies wouldn't have changed, so, like, a 2023 version of Wilt Chamberlain, kidnapped by time travelers as a baby and brought to the year 1997 to learn 21st-century ball, would probably beat original-timeline prime Wilt if they faced off

but that's all so heavily theoretical that it's not really any more useful as an analytical tool than just asking whether LeBron is better than MJ

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

James Harden is maybe the biggest loser in the modern nba

westbrook?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Security stops him at the arena doors, pointing out that he has a perfectly good home gym in his apartment he could be using instead

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In terms of JPGs, the only ones that strike me as downright ugly are the ones whose teams use bad fonts (the Hawks being in the thumbnail sure isn't doing them any favors!) but in terms of like actual basketball courts for basketball to be played upon I'm not really sure what effect they'll have on my eyes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I guess the Nets are trying to make their font look like the NYC subway signs? It doesn't really work, it looks like they just C+P'd directly from a Word document

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Hey, I'll have you know that the Clippers are getting their own arena and it's covered in scale mail for some reason.

They lose their benefits from barbarian rages if they wear heavy armor

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:actually: Harden should be asking the gun-holder about the strippers but I'll allow it

Anybody watch the bucks/raptors game bc Im really curious if there was a specific reason the bucks got whomped so bad by what is by all accounts an extremely mid team or if they just played like poo poo

loquacius has issued a correction as of 03:29 on Nov 2, 2023

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Now THERE was a whomping that made sense

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

The Bucks missed their first 10 or so 3 pointers and looked generally disinterested in winning.

never understood this mindset. The games against bad teams are the ones you gotta make sure you win so you get a good record, the ones against good teams are the ones you can rationalize away later

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

anyone on team B roasts Bane alive for 40+

I feel like Bane was picked randomly to be put on Team C to be dead weight holding down Shaq and MJ, which IMO is evidence of the author's 90s chauvinism because they're not THAT much better than everyone else

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

isnt kyrie a orotocols of the elders style guy

Yeah nothing objectionable about these posts in and of themselves though. Impressively restrained

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not a great night for Celtics bench whiteboys. Kornet shouldn't have more points than Hauser or Pritchard (less minutes too). That's probably why the game's still this close. Celts thinned their bench way out this off-season.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Missing Brogdon even more than RW3 tbh. Hauser and PP are not enough bench shooting. When that trade went down I honestly assumed he was more hurt than he apparently actually was.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah he's the only bench guy having a good night, but now the starters are back in so the game's under control

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

in a vacuum?

i dunno, they're the same height so it's kind of hard to draw any conclusions about their lung capacity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

literally a 5 point ref swing

more

is this about the offensive foul on Embiid that they said was a blocking foul on White, or is it about the tech they gave Porzingis for hanging from the rim for half a second

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

hanging on the rim while not yet vertical while he can feel a guy closing out right behind him

this injury-prone guy must land directly on his tailbone, it's the only way to make up for the seventy fouls Embiid should be drawing every second of gameplay

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is one of those "put Euph on mute" nights isn't it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm also just mad because all the streams I can find are the Philly broadcast except one, and that one sucks and keeps cutting out :mad:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

the nba literally fired a ref for being a Celtics homer who fixed games against the sixers

even if that were true which it's not, I don't think he's reffing tonight

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

what happened to Marcus smarts career once he left the warm embrace of Celtics refs

well he's played six games with a bad team so I'm not sure we have enough data for an apples-to-apples comparison here

e: correction, seven games, nevermind I guess we can conclude it's all refs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euph you earned every pixel of that avatar