Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mr_Moose posted:

i feel dumb as poo poo watching basketball and trying to pretend to know what's good for the team but I cannot see how adding Chris Paul does anything for the aging Warriors.

I wonder what the average number of games played is going to be between Curry, Thompson, Paul and Green** (if he returns).

I'm also a certified Chris Paul hater so that might be blinding me because I've internalized and accepted as truth everything negative about him I've read online without critical thought.

He can stand there at the elbow like draymond did and hit cutters or open guys but he might also shoot the ball. It might be a disaster if they try and have him run around off ball like curry does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

I don't think it does a lot on the court, though I think trading Poole's minutes for CP3 minutes is an improvement. What it does do for them is take a bad contract off their books and make their stars happy that the front office is making moves for one last push, and they do that without mortgaging the future by overpaying some aging vet or similarly shaky move that hurts them when they go to rebuild.

If people think that poole shot the warriors out of games then cp3 won't do that

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PD4XsoeNZU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

yeah, that's about what I expected him to get. he's not a superstar that can carry a team but he's the prototype "second banana max" guy

we have anthony davis at home

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

got the suns 92-93 bottle of jim beam at the liquor store today. it's just jim beam.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

indigi posted:

wow. you gotta fire that guy and do an extension right

do they ever rework contracts in the NBA like the NFL does? I can't think of any examples of it happening off the top of my head, probably because everything is guaranteed so "help us fit under the cap or we'll cut you" isn't a good bargaining position

there are negotiated buyouts

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dominayton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fart simpson posted:

if that’s the state of his knee why did they rush him back? for what? they shoulda just called the season and let him heal over the summer

maybe people would do chargebacks on their tickets though.