Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

I love nick nurse I want him to coach the sixers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

yeah man

I’m feeling good

i had to see what was posted in the last thread

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i have started watching ladies basketball because it is a basketball game that i can put on the tv and all their team names are way better than the boys league

and the logos too

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
basketball

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the toronto craptors

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the knicks-raptors trade has brought joy to my life

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

E2M2 posted:

Excited for when the warriors are really bad again so I can afford to go to games

that hasn't happened with the raptors yet

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

loquacius posted:

I don't want to validate Euphposting (mostly bc I don't think the primary motivation is partisan fandom, certainly not against the Sixers) but I have seen it suggested that with sports gambling being more of an industry than ever we're going to see an officiating scandal related to it very soon and I definitely wouldn't be surprised

I try to never complain about the refs except when the Raps play the sixers because it's funny but I agree the proliferation of sports betting has to lead to this. That loving Lakers/Raps game was ridiculous.

fart simpson posted:

today in the raptors lakers game they extremely obviously were trying to make the lakers win. didn’t call a foul when a laker literally grabbed a dudes dick, ruled out a made scottie barnes 3 point shot to tie the game because of the weakest offensive foul call youve ever seen in clutch time, and had a 13-2 free throw disparity in favor of the lakers in the 4th quarter before intentional fouling started, even though the raptors were driving to the rim at least as much and getting hit at least as much as the lakers. and with all those free throws the lakers won by only 1 point lol

and the raps had 20 more points than the lakers in the paint.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

triple sulk posted:

i'm not being ironic either. the ripple effect has been catastrophic. every other loving ad is some form of generalized gambling now, not even just sports

it's insane how it's funding universities and poo poo too. much like social media any socially acceptable addiction can just run wild since no one gives enough of a poo poo to do anything

indigi posted:

we should obviously ban gambling again but it's a lot of fun and in addition to this I’m making a very very small amount of money on a monthly basis (enough to cover a week's worth [almost half a tank] of gas) so in this context it's difficult to say if we should obviously ban gambling again or not

synthesis: we ban gambling for everyone except for you

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the question to ask in any sort of scandal is: cui bono?

the answer is clearly the 1st ranked team in the west, the minnesota timberwolves

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

No that’s not right. it’s a lot less words than that

the refs are out to get teams other than the sixers because of sports betting, but the refs are out to get the sixers because of the war crimes committed by the city of Philadelphia

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
running maxey into the ground ft...well not win

edit: lol i was bullshitting but he is the league leader in mpg

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

This past week has been the worst time to be a Kings fan since Bagley got drafted over Luka

good god i forgot about that

i wonder if there will be any similar feelings about the 2021 draft. cade still seems quite good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You're not wrong but Jalen Green vs Scottie Barnes is a pretty basic hindsight draft What-If. At least relative to Luka stuff and everyone that missed on Hali.

Well Scottie Barns wasn't even supposed to go in the top 4. Suggs was considered #4.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

what happened to the current head coach ???

Nick Nurse coaching tree is shriveling up and dying out.

Rumour was Adrian Griffin lost the players and the coaching staff pretty early on, or Giannis wanted it. Either way they're 30-13 it's insane to ditch your head coach but who knows.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi posted:

I read a blurb that said Giannis turned on him after they lost in the IST to the Pacers. which is kind of hard to believe because 1) that's what did it? 2) that was like two months ago, which would mean Giannis has no pull in that org, which just can't be true.

e: but maybe he tried to be a nice guy about it and when the FO didn’t move he dropped an ultimatum. either way it's kind of hard to believe him and Dame wanted Doc given how he's much smack he's talked about his old teams losing in the playoffs/how he handled old boy's injury on the Clippers/Ben Simmons

For all the poo poo I gave Bud over the years they did win a championship with him which is more than most coaches can say.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fart simpson posted:

doc rivers won a championship too

that's true. giving up 3 3-1 leads just overrides any of his other accomplishments in my brain

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
he's also not a doctor

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Poppers posted:

They were the most godly buzzer beater away from the eastern finals dude. Its not like they were a bum team and if they beat the bucks there’s no way they lose to a warriors team where kd’s ankle exploded

no they weren't, the score was tied leading up to the kawhi shot! it would have gone into OT

god drat revisionist history

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i didn't expect the twolves to make the jump they did this year. glad the FO figured it out, and that chris finch is getting his due

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

It's time we all apologized to Embiid. His knees are hosed and he's playing like poo poo because of it. Unless this is all a crazy long con

agreed, the entire thread except euphronius should start arguing that embiid is better that jokic

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Poppers posted:

Looks like the Knicks are making the ECF. All according to plan…

OG is an amazing defender but it's amazing how much he's improved the Knicks defense.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
speaking of embiid, marc gasol just retired from basketball. what a legend.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
marc gasol's career and life nearly ended during the championship parade where he downed 2 bottles of wine in short order and nearly fell out of the top of the bus

can't link the video directly but: https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/ipvyqy/a_supercut_of_marc_gasol_absolutely_shitfaced_at/

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fart simpson posted:

the guy who had an older brother who was really good at basketball?

ya dpoy, nba champ, 2x world champ marc gasol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I guess Griffin was really toxic or something because it seems like his coaching was improving over the course of the season. It's just hiring Doc Rivers after that is just wild

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
drat that sucks.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lmfao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
maybe the sixers should tank

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

The new Glennthread

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
on the flipside what would be the most likable owner-coach-team combination? i assume pop is the coach

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

tristeham posted:

pop is a mean old fool

yeah he's cool

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Retromancer posted:

LMAO that the Bucks will most likely have 4 coaches on payroll next year.

Demand the trade, Giannis.

Masai going to be bumping into Giannis all season.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
make the nba have russian coaching roulette. every loss you must fire your head coach

glenn rivers will coach so many teams

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

In Training posted:

this nets raptors game SUCKS but hell at least I learned that Toronto's center isn't in the lineup tonight because of a "gambling irregularity investigation" lol. First domino to fall for the NBA writers???

lmao yeah he apparently bet on his under and then kept getting injured at the start of games?

this season has had everything for toronto (except winning games)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi posted:

it's interesting to see the people rushing to give Ohtani a pass on his gambling issue in comparison to the Porter thing

well one is a generational baseball talent and the other guy is the like the 10th center the raptors have had since 2020

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
mormon town having a team called the Jazz is funny though, let them keep it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
lmao i knew red van vleet had it in him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Retromancer posted:

Got courtside for the Bucks game tonight, can't wait to call Doc a dumb bitch to his face.

now is your chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

Jokic needs to keep performing at this level for 5 more years or so before he's gonna be in the GOAT conversation. He's on pace to be a top 10 guy but so was Tracy McGrady.

He's going to do 4 more years and then just bail to hang out on his farm in Serbia because he definitely doesn't give a poo poo