Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dame wants out, it was inevitable. It’s sad but understandable, blazers just aren’t trying to compete and honestly I don’t think they can with the current coach and front office. I’ll root for him wherever he lands as long as it isn’t the lakers which doesn’t seem in the mix anyway. Hope he gets his ring, dudes just been an absolute joy to watch over the last decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ojamoos is a made up last name straight out of that old Nintendo baseball game roster

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont pick on a 9 year old because yoru team lost their star

Being cruel to children is all I have left sorry bro

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I hope it’s a glitch but it’s funny either way

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sorry to see him go but wishing Dame a ring with Toronto, guy gave this city and this team more than either really deserved and wish him well

indigi posted:

I don't love Jrue getting shipped but I’m glad I put some money down on the Bucks in June lol

Portland getting Holiday and Ayton to put with Scoot, that team might be fun still

This is my hope, gotta wonder where Jrue will land cause no way blazers aren’t trying to shop him around for more picks

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

the people are asking more questions about the last part of this post than the first

That’s gotta be a typo because lmfao if that’s intentional Jfc

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

it's a typo bc they typed a u

Denver didn’t make the keyboard put the I/u and the t/r right next to each other, but they picked their name knowing that was the case

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

that was Obama

I think that was Shear’s point

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

My Kings got their asses kicked by the Pistons and then obliterated the Nuggets. An enigma until the end

If you really need to root for a California team there are plenty of options. No need to debase yourself with the kings

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Two of the three others are completely unlikable and worse to boot!

Yeah but they’re unlikable in the way the Yankees or the pats are where liking them is a cool edgy thing you do to freak out the normies

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Kobe thing is appropriate because the kids usually miss

Kobe did a pretty good job of hitting the ground

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Poor zingis :(

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bit off topic but lmao at Kentucky getting beat by loving Yale

Whose the real blue bloods bitches?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I don't recognize the existence of college basketball so I'm just staring at your post with a blank dead look while thinking of Ben Simmons and wondering what video game he's playing right now

That’s fair it’s like if Obama’s all Wall Street pick-up team beat the Celtics

Well maybe not the Celtics, let’s go with Denver

That doesn’t really work either idk it’s just funny as hell

euphronius posted:

when does March madness start ?

lol

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Mar 23, 2024

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

It started in March of 1872 and has yet to cease.

I’m not entirely sure this is right. While the ball was well known at the time, would be another decade at least before Americans discovered the basket, and still longer before they figured out things could go inside of it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Kawhi isn’t a first name, it’s just a name they put first

Important distinction

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Retromancer posted:

rack up Ks and dingers

Normal thing that normal not deranged people say

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I like jokic but reddit is just 14 year olds, paid pr firms, and world militaries. It is ok to dislike it. There is a reason i am a member of an obscure internet forum. Probably you too.

Jokic is probably my favorite player this gen.

This is a hell of a thread. First there’s a guy who’s super into the dullest of the California teams and then along comes a guy who adores the most hateable center currently playing

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

Jokic is not in any way hatable he's goofy and fun and a good watch

e: unless you're like Croatian or Albanian

Disagree. His best life would be living under a bridge extorting crossing goats

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Embiid is the most hateable center player hth

ofc now that there are no fouls he's a lot less hateable

Embiid is fun to hate tho, which makes him less hateable than jokic, who is hateable but also very boring

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

you can like jokic that is fine. it’s also fine to think he’s horrible to watch and brings out the worst of nba media and fans

This guy gets it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Thought the Pelicans were in the east, like a dallas is nfc east type thing

At least parts of NO is west of the Mississippi River, unlike Memphis

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

if you watch Jokic coaching the Serbian special Olympics team and don't like him then you have no soul

it's also why the whole "he doesn't even like basketball" narrative is so stupid. credulous white people just want a shlubby unmotivated role model so bad

Thank you for this advice I will make sure not to watch that

Honestly I just developed a deep dislike of him during the 2019 playoffs and the fact that my team has been in a free fall ever since with no end in sight while they’ve been up up up just frustrates me even more

My hate of Jokic is pure

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

I respect that

That whole 2019 series against Denver was great fun though, one of my favorite playoff memories, then went on to get swept in the conference finals and lmao gently caress basketball it makes me mad just thinking about it all over again

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

lame dillard is going down in the first round w/out giannis. in this posters opinion

:mad: no this is not what I want to happen and I refuse any and all evidence that it’s what will probably happen

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh no! What will Toronto do without Jontay :ohdear:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Laterite posted:

jimmy buckets with a torn MCL, rip

Really it’s better this way

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

They had no chance of being as fun as last year and might as well make it easy on the fans imo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Poppers posted:

T-minus 9 hours until Luka’s knee explodes…

Luka’s tonight, Embiid’s tomorrow night, and then a happy weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Well I guess I’m all in on Minnesota now so sorry Minnesota guys for the kids of death