Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

The thing about Harden is that he's got the largest spread between how good he is and how good he thinks he is

Jordan Poole, Bol Bol, Kai Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Poppers posted:

My boy dunked over an automobile. Topic locked.

that dunk contest was so obviously rigged for blake it's not even fair to call it a conspiracy theory. javale mcgee was the true winner. topic re-opened and re-locked.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

is it that much different from being a Nets fan? I guess the A team in the LA market has a lot more success, but it's not like the Nets have ever done anything. at least Lob City was fun

brooklyn has 2.7 million people. yeah there was an established Knicks fanbase before they moved there but it's not an LA situation with two teams in the same arena.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
James Harden (DNP - short rest)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I've always wondered how much shady poo poo happens around point spreads with lottery-bound teams in the back half of the season. Those teams always have a at least some guys playing big minutes who aren't making much and who might decide the payout is better than whatever their next contract might be.

if a guy is playing big minutes not making much, they're probably playing their rear end off convinced that they can get a bigger contract.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[tears in my eyes, pointing a gun at his head] tell me about the strippers, James

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

that Bulls red is like something out of a low rent horror movie

zach lavine writing on the court "I AM IN HELL HELP ME"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If he continues to shoot 56.5% from three I can see him being useful.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

look i can't prove d'angelo is a defensive negative off hand

i just think he's an offense/defense guy, not a sixth man off the bench

he’s an unusual bad defender in that he’s really smart and tries hard but he just doesn’t have the physical ability

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

pacers get the ball at the hash
but lose the timeout???

2nd challenge costs your timeout no matter what

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

rofl @ the clippers

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
you can tell the sixers are good because no one is posting about the sixers

gotta say, the fact that they look this good without harden after replacing the coach… maybe the coaching upgrade is real

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

remember when the nba fired a ref for throwing games for the Celtics

I do

not what happened

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

as an OKC hater, I will cheer for whoever is putting Chet on a poster

that's right

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
oh well if the General Manager said it, then it must be true

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
if we're workshopping fan fiction i have one about joel embiid and Nightwing (guest appearance from euphronius as calendar man)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
didn’t you think he should have been an all star last year

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

"That's coming my way. I got it. Unbelievable" is an all-time call

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he should have to give back his mvp

it’s so much better that he won it. real “look on my works, ye mighty” poo poo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I’m less certain of the Warriors than I am that the Nuggets are going to get jobbed tonight, but it’s hard to imagine the NBA letting Steph get beat down again.

the line is nuggets -4.5. i'll take the nuggets, loser donates $10 to Goon Fund, how's that?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
embiid plays zero transition defense

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’ve been yelling at the tv about The Refs fyi.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

111 to 108

Refs are keeping tournament games close unless it’s an undeniable blowout.

it's incredible the poo poo that smaller players can get away with when guarding bigs, versus how quick they are to call fouls on the perimeter. PJ Tucker can practically bear hug Jokic guarding him in the post then fall down and it's an offensive foul.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

can you imagine trump arguing calls
with the refs

lol yeah he'd probably argue some ridiculous stuff like how actually the Warriors didn't win their most recent championship and how the media is pro-western conference and the refs rig the games for the Celtics

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

fart simpson posted:

why? the celtics are giving significant Plato g time to “delano banton”

they’re scheduled to play an nba team which most teams in the eastern conference are not

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

is Wemby getting steals on anywhere near a rate to be on 5 by 5 watch?

he's getting steals slightly less than Ausar Thompson. OTOH, his steal rate is about the same as Nurkic's was when he got the most recent NBA 5-by-5.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

genuinely, a contested mpj jumper is better than most other offensive outcomes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

wow! i hope embiid gets another mvp award

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

nah he doesn’t deserve one

no no, you spent the last three years lobbying, this is your time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
this thread is basically jfk conspiracy theories but about basketball. happy 60th anniversary to everyone.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Retromancer posted:

Sirhan had the better drive into the paint but Princep made better adjustments at the rim. Neither of them could touch Lee Harvey Oswald for perimeter shooting, though.

Oswald overrated, he only had that space because they couldn’t help off other shooters

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
getting way too hyped over a 33.3% lifetime shooter

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
was it here someone was asking about wemby getting a 5x5? he came one steal short vs the nugs last night.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

lol

edit

jokic wasn’t even playing !!

check the rest of the box score there's some wonderful gems in there.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

the “James harden effect”

https://streamable.com/4vaz6c

(edit better video)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

what Ja Morant got suspended for was also legal! nobody's scared of accusations in 2023, unless Giddey has video it'll just be more Epstein flight logs where nobody does poo poo and we pretend it's nothing

being drunk in a club with a firearm is not legal. the owner of the club tried to cover for him and say he was entirely sober but who is she kidding. he was clearly wasted.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

In Tennessee it's actually illegal not to be drunk and strapped at all times

unfortunately he was in Colorado

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

the in season tournament means that we aren’t getting interesting games until Wednesday?

shut up nerd

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
every single pirate stream has the PLASTIC CUP BOYZ. why is it so difficult to watch an over the air abc stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

have you checked thestreameast they usually have a standard tv broadcast and not some streaming... stream

bless u