Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Jrue to Boston, lets go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Not only was it a flop it was also a charge.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
This game should be great for Al Horford's confidence to remember he is good

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1730421945642958939

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

afaict if the things Tatum caught a tech for were applied universally then KAT and Luka would both be ejected around 25 games a season

This is also true unless he knows the Special Words You Cannot Say and used them liberally.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Go Celtics, porzingis supremacy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

we should obviously ban gambling again but it's a lot of fun and in addition to this I’m making a very very small amount of money on a monthly basis (enough to cover a week's worth [almost half a tank] of gas) so in this context it's difficult to say if we should obviously ban gambling again or not

I'm picturing this as if you are somehow online sports gambling version of the John Turturo character from Rounders, grinding out a meager living gambling while avoiding the allure of the big payout.

e: I had a similar take when Diablo 3 introduced a real-money auction house and I wrote a script to trawl for undervalued items that real people would apparently pay upwards of $200 for. It was clearly stupid and bad but I made like $6k in a month so who can say if it was good or bad.

ee: In retrospect, this was one of the most existing periods of my life and it wasn't about the money per se. I think it was just the first time I got to experience unalienated labor in a weird fashion.

Salvor_Hardin has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Jan 11, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

i wrote a an autohotkey script to farm items from some specific spot in order to sell them on the real money auction house. i think i ended up earning like $5 lol

I got to the point where I wrote an excel VBA script that would take in info from the excel table of item stats and buy prices and generate the AHK script. So I just had to keep up on what the rates were every few days, update the table, and click a button.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people always hype that poo poo up but college sports are so boring

Any time someone tells me the hate the NBA but love college hoops I mentally file them away as irredeemable and walk away.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

Wow UofM had an amazing season in 2012. gently caress if only I were 40 years younger. I coulda been there man.

How do you name a college U of M when there are like 14 states that begin with M.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

boston celtics are 14-4 in their last 18 and now 21 games over .500, just 3 games ahead of milwaukee. they started the year 9-1.

Was nice to bounce back and gently caress up the Rockets after that last abberation.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's entirely possible

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

is embiid playing

Mostly flopping and complaining but there is some playing going on too.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I worked hard on this so I'm x-posting

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dreylad posted:

good god i forgot about that

i wonder if there will be any similar feelings about the 2021 draft. cade still seems quite good

The only misses in 2021 seem to be Alpie Sengun, Herb Jones, and I guess maybe Quentin Grimes going late. Nothing close to the Luka miss.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

im gonna pretend its the same thing as latvia

gently caress

e: in my defense I accidentally had one of these today

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Its very good and can be had for like $10 a bottle at most Costcos.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

how do you accidentally drink wine

Its insanely easy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

I think Jalen Green has untapped potential but so far he's been a pretty awful 2nd pick. If Houston had Scottie Barnes with Sengun they would be a playoff team right now

They might have been referring to the Kings drafting Davion Mitchell 9th who's easily been the worst player from the top ten that year. Jalen Johnson was a pretty huge miss at #20 and Trey Murphy at #17 as well

You're not wrong but Jalen Green vs Scottie Barnes is a pretty basic hindsight draft What-If. At least relative to Luka stuff and everyone that missed on Hali.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

Greg Oden would've been really good but dude was made of glass

His joints couldn't handle the off-balance loading caused by his enormous hog.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Ben Simmons half-asses his job because he doesn't like working. He is a relatable and aspirational figure IMO

I also stan Andrew Bynum, Ricky Williams, and every other talented player that just wanted to cash some checks and chill out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

I stan these guys and people who have no loyalty/work ethic and demand trades every year like Harden

I hung out with my wife's old college roommate last weekend and he is currently seeing a dancer from Philly who apparently has interacted with Harden many times in the club. She said he is very quiet and distant and refuses to look the girls in the eye. Pays well though.

This is apropos of nothing, just reminded me that I forgot to post about that thus far.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Lol at the new look bucks

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

sixers season over and maybe even embiid's career, at least in terms of future health and effectiveness.

There's good precedent for this kind of surgery. He could be part of a package for Jrue Holiday next offseason.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

i didn't watch the game but i'm sure they cheated

In the sense that them being able to run out that roster is effectively cheating, yeah.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics are annihilating the Warriors right now and its a thing of beauty.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1769147257755254810?t=jBksG5qLaOHZe-bAsbZgag&s=19

Can someone explain to me the point of a ten-day contract

I'm happy for IT but if it's just a week and a half it kind of feels more like an activity than a comeback

Celtics should hire IT as a Front Office / Bench Coach no-show job for $15m a year to make good and end the curse.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

James Harden is so unlikable. How he has fans ia beyond me.

Now Kawhi, that man is likable. He seems like a chill guy you could have a chill time with.

Paul George has serious two first name energy. That can be a good thing as long as youre prepared for it. Also he fishes, which Ive always wanted to know more about.

Kawhi has two first names unless his actual first name doesn't count.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I noticed there's a lot of players with weird K names and basic old white guy names as last names.

Kyrie Irving
Kobe Bryant
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

I've just been told that Nick Nurse is actually more like Nick Orderly

Nick being downgraded

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Reminiscient of one of my favorite things

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

the media only started watching dwight once he joined the lakers

This is gonna be fun!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

I think he has a real shot at being the next Guy To Hate if the Thunder advance to face the Wolves

Yeah SGA and Brunson are the inheritors of Harden Bullshit. I guess Trae still does it sometimes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The only celebrities at Celtics games are players from other Boston teams and Donnie Walberg.