Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Leal posted:

Battle for Trost Final

Thats right, today is the last time we'll be in Trost :toot:

Hange says 'I borrowed them' in reference to what Linkle is doing there, not 'I'm here to lend a hand'. Maybe the translator misread 'I borrowed them' as 'I was borrowed', grammar is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The translation for this is not too great, there are times when battle announcements will say something like "Linkle, destroy the titan!" when I kill one, or "<character> notice the flare!". I also believe the translation refers to Connie as a she several times.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Scout Training

Today we get to have some fun outside the walls with our new friends, the Scouts. Eren is there too, maybe. Just off screen.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't know if they show it in the game, so when Titans eat enough people, they vomit up a huge meatball. They didn't show the act in the anime, but you did see a ball of corpses.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't know if they show it in the game, so when Titans eat enough people, they vomit up a huge meatball. They didn't show the act in the anime, but you did see a ball of corpses.

Funny in the next video I talk about this, but no, the game completely skips over the meatballs.

Also I will be putting any friendship scenes in their own side video. I will not be getting them all cause I just can't do 100% LPs anymore, but for the ones I happen to get I'll show them off

Friendship Scenes 1

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Your Linkle noise is 'yowachi', it means 'weak' so I presume it's triggered by the kill.

But yeah weird you didn't get any friendship sparkles off Sasha from that town conversation when hunting is literally what her friendship scenes are about.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Her saying "weak" and that mad woman laugh, suddenly our protagonist with the "I'm in danger" face is starting to sound a bit psychotic. Kinda like... Eren when he talks about titans

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Leal posted:

Her saying "weak" and that mad woman laugh, suddenly our protagonist with the "I'm in danger" face is starting to sound a bit psychotic. Kinda like... Eren when he talks about titans
I have a video to post in about a week. :yeshaha:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Capturing Titans

Today we go with our best friend Hange and help him capture titans. Yes I'm aware I used him, the game does it too. We'll see 2 characters misgendered in this video!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is a story about The Titan's Son, a boy was born after his pregnant mom got swallowed and he was sold into slavery. He ended up with a healing factor.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Here's the video I was referring to. Notably Eren himself only gets discussed ~2/3 of the way through, the title is more of a jumping off point than a thesis until itself.

https://youtu.be/8T8JX5b2IMo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Superior Scout Skills

Friendship Scenes v2

drat I thought I had posted this last week. Today we see what scout training is capable of achieving.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The number bloat is real.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It does seem that the game intends for you to go out and do the scout missions as soon as you unlock them before progressing the story some more. Either that or push you to purchasing one of the mission packs that apparently drop tons of money and materials.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is typical Dynasty Warriors fare, but mostly to get max health in that one mission.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Transformation Tests

Friendship Scenes

Today we do some testing to get Eren to turn into a titan and be in control. Results vary.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Titan Eren giving off White Knight Chronicles energy at the end.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
We Get Our Pancho
Friendship Scenes

Today Linkle officially joins the scouts and gets a cool club jacket hood to wear!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That one Eren was floating over his horse.

Do Titans get stronger besides having massive health?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

That one Eren was floating over his horse.

Do Titans get stronger besides having massive health?

They get more aggressive, and later on you start getting more and more of the taller type so suddenly there is 3-5 tall titans waving their gangly arms around that can grab you

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
57th Expedition
Friendship Scenes

The first expedition as an official scout is underway. Surely nothing will go wrong during this field trip.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The errors in the localization are starting to say more than it really should.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 28, 2023

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Female Titan 1

Friendship Scenes

Today we are stranded taking the only horse and leaving Jean, Armin and Reiner behind. Later nerdlingers!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the smaller circled icon object on the Titan body parts?

Did you mention what happens if the important named characters have their timer run out?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Those icons are items that you'll get for cutting off that body part. Just that its so much faster to go for the nape I rarely bother with them.

With story characters, if the camera does that stop and zoom thing to show you that they've been grabbed, if they die its game over. In any other case, they'll be "Defeated" and will say some line about needing to retreat.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
"argh, i've been bitten in half, i'll have to spend the rest of this battle recuperating"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Enemy officer devoured.
I'll get better next battle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rockstar Massacre posted:

"argh, i've been bitten in half, i'll have to spend the rest of this battle recuperating"

Thats pretty much how it is. If they aren't mission critical you don't get the zoom in and there isn't even a special version of the SOS when someone in your group gets grabbed. I don't think it even marks anything on the Dpad to go hey, this person is in trouble. So you could be focusing on a titan and then turn the camera around just in time to see Jean get swallowed whole. Then he says "Sorry, I go to go"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Female Titan 2

Friendship Scenes

This video has the best start to any of the videos in my opinion

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It sure was paced differently when you didn't have to fight a boss Titan. Wonder why they couldn't send one like they do in the other missions?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah the boss titan stuff is annoying, and it'll get worse in another video or 2

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Female Titan 3

Today we get to see how useful* Eren can be in a fight

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was nice of them to remember that Titans can crystalize their parts and had Female Titan do a leg when attacking during gameplay.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Strange that she doesn't crystalize her nape when OC comes flying around :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Stohess

Today the female titan is unmasked. Do YOU know who it is?

Also the audio may be a bit futzy here, like half the video is loud bombastic trumpets so I had to really lower the volume on a lot of bits and it may be inconsistent.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hard to believe that she was the Titan, which had her same hair and face, but without the skin.
You missed a chance at getting more boss drops from her in the Eren fight. What a shame.

Now if we can identify who the other Titan on the front cover of the game, by finding someone with epic eyebrows and a face that looks like the face plate of a kabuto...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Nameless citizen appears to be saying 'Look! There's something over there!' so not surprised they didn't bother trying to put a subtitle over the cutscene.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Polsy posted:

Nameless citizen appears to be saying 'Look! There's something over there!' so not surprised they didn't bother trying to put a subtitle over the cutscene.

Well thats a let down, was expecting some deep lore. Speaking of deep lore, I forgot to render and upload the friendship video for the last update

Friendship v8

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Beast Titan

Today we see how capable humanity's second strongest soldier can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess they should look around for a spider monkey who can talk.