Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

how did nobody post the racist ikea video yet, it fuckin rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbh3uAZ4WUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I posted it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh ya you did my bad happy midsommar

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/WAiSVlKV4kQ

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

European pagan festivities always look like so much fun. Wanna hang around a big bonfire at night and loosen up with some booze.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Tarquinn posted:

gently caress yeah, it is.

And I wish I was either in Sweden or Finland, rn.

One of my Finnish friends posted a bunch of pictures from her summer house on Instagram, and I'm so envious :smith: Finland is so beautiful.

I'm going to Norway soon -- not for midsummer, but for beer -- but it would be nice if I had time to stop over in Helsinki. It's been like seven years since I've been over there.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Went to Helsinki about a month ago, my partner surprised me with a trip. Saw the Tom of Finland exhibit at Kiasma and it ruled. My hotel was near where they shot the video for Sandstorm, and Karelian pastries are magnificent. 10/10 would take the drunk cruise to Helsinki again.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

Went to Helsinki about a month ago, my partner surprised me with a trip. Saw the Tom of Finland exhibit at Kiasma and it ruled. My hotel was near where they shot the video for Sandstorm, and Karelian pastries are magnificent. 10/10 would take the drunk cruise to Helsinki again.

KARELIAN PASTRIES AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I love Karelian pastries so much that the first thing I thought when COVID quarantine became a thing was that I'd have to learn to make Karelian pies if Finland never let Americans back in and I am dead serious :stare:

edit: Also, I figure I should post my favorite midsummer song, while I'm posting in the midsummer thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kho2CIr0JpQ

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
We had potato salad and coffee and played mölkky on the lawn while getting absolutely annihilated by tiny biting bugs. Then we had ice cream. Now I’m drinking.

Hyvää juhannusta kaikille! :finland:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
never seen Finland but Saint Petersburg fuckin rules

it's kinda like a Finland, just less saunas and finns, and better food

now is not the best time to visit, I expect, but for real it whips

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

never seen Finland but Saint Petersburg fuckin rules

it's kinda like a Finland, just less saunas and finns, and better food

now is not the best time to visit, I expect, but for real it whips

I see someone who has never visited a Hesburger! :q:

Creature posted:

We had potato salad and coffee and played mölkky on the lawn while getting absolutely annihilated by tiny biting bugs. Then we had ice cream. Now I’m drinking.

Hyvää juhannusta kaikille! :finland:

Had some hotdogs and am enjoying the slightly cooler weather. Now I'm drinking too.

Hyvää juhannusta! Glad midsommar! Happy midsummer!

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Set posted:

I see someone who has never visited a Hesburger! :q:

Hesburger, where the burgers are 90% mayonnaise.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Creature posted:

Hesburger, where the burgers are 90% mayonnaise.

It would be even higher, but the structural integrity of the burgers can't take a higher percentage! Also apparently a pile of mayo doesn't "count" as a burger, and it demands some kind of patty and bun to be one, which I personally find preposterous.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Midsommar hund

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Solefald posted:

Midsommar hund

Best hound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

drat, i stopped by ikea today and realized i missed the midsommar buffet by one day