Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nix Panicus posted:

Astarion is a great character whose vulnerable moments are incredibly rewarding, even if he's a jerk and mostly enjoys it when you antagonize people for no reason.

He also had one of the sickest burns when hit on during my wife's playthrough: "Its not you, its me. I have standards"

That's a fantastic piece of writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I looked up some of the character epilogues I didn't get to see and Astarion's epilogue if you just, like, don't do his sidequest is pretty depressing

He can't daywalk without the tadpole, and Cazador is still looking for him, so he just has to hide in the sewers all day and night eating rats. He basically begs you to promise you'll do the sidequest for him as soon as you get a free moment because it's that or hide in the sewers eating rats basically forever, for all eternity, or until Cazador finally finds him at which point he'll probably get buried alive again

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Brink was great

loved playing as a little guy with a 150 round smg. just running and sliding everywhere and running circles around the giant meathead dudes

ok, the game was really janky, but i had my fun with it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i really thought Brink was going to be good. :negative:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

lol people paid 100 bucks for this

GamePass fans stay winning, gamers should enjoy it before it destroys the competition formally and they make it worse for more money

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Sometimes I still remember having Alpha Protocol on pre order at Gamestop, only to cancel it when Sega delayed it 6 months just weeks out from release.
I eventually paid :10bux: to play it lol.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/IconEra_/status/1772400029069644170?s=20

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i preordered off steam Homeland and it didnt even run on my computer when it came out!! Atleast i got a cool tf2 hat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Curvy male characters are okay I guess?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DoombatINC posted:

i preordered Brink and im still fuckin bitter :mad:

lol same

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fess up, who paid for Hellgate: London?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Brink was great

loved playing as a little guy with a 150 round smg. just running and sliding everywhere and running circles around the giant meathead dudes

ok, the game was really janky, but i had my fun with it

the tragedy is not what it was, but what it could have easily been

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Brink burned me so bad I never preordered a video game again.

LarsPorsenna
Feb 3, 2024

Xaris posted:

anyways i just like poking fun, i've got no room to talk. i've paid full price launch-day for some very very bad games in my time:

- spore
- destiny 2
- hellgate london (lifetime)
- colonial marines
- brink
- arkham knight
- broken age kickstarter
- kh 3
- guild wars 2

Guild Wars 2 wasn't bad :(.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

LarsPorsenna posted:

Arkham Knight either, it just had a rough launch

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

I looked up some of the character epilogues I didn't get to see and Astarion's epilogue if you just, like, don't do his sidequest is pretty depressing

He can't daywalk without the tadpole, and Cazador is still looking for him, so he just has to hide in the sewers all day and night eating rats. He basically begs you to promise you'll do the sidequest for him as soon as you get a free moment because it's that or hide in the sewers eating rats basically forever, for all eternity, or until Cazador finally finds him at which point he'll probably get buried alive again

Before the epilogue was added the little guy could just burst into flames and run away, never to be seen again. A lot of his endings are pretty bleak. Karlach could also just turn to ashes on the spot

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

Lostconfused posted:

I paid for it and still have a collector's edition box. It's a strong reminder about preordering games.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I bought Hellgate London.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Curvy male characters are okay I guess?

kojima can't stop winning

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nix Panicus posted:

Im starting as a pyromancer and its an uphill climb. Idira is so much more effective at being a brain wizard than me, but jokes on her I'm going to turn her unsanctioned rear end in to the space cops

Melee build with a Forge World background for the fire reduction perk. Set yourself on fire with Ignite and pick up +Psy Rating while on fire perk. That's my plan anyway, seems like.it.would be fun to just constantly be burning to death while owning people

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

used to have the box, several moves ago

possibly the last pc game i ever got physically

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Combined with a force sword build seems like a good way to scale ip damage pretty quick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bought the superdeluxe edition of tyranny for all the dlcs for :10bux: digital deluxe editions of games stay hilarious. it comes with a 50mb png of the "map" which is just the very plain in game map with all of the locations removed. the art book is mostly just the existing sprites with some prepro concept art thrown in

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LarsPorsenna posted:

i hated it as a big GW1 fan, i was so hyped and GW2 was a giant steaming hunk of boring dry poo poo. this was launch day, so maybe they made it better since then, but it was really bad and left such an awful taste

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

atelier morgan posted:

used to have the box, several moves ago

possibly the last pc game i ever got physically

same i think

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020
GW1 had such cool ideas for its abilities. It was basically deck building and you could make some really wild interactions between classes/skills. Shame no one else has attempted anything like it since.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

same

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I read the original source and its just a list of random recommendations they have rather than any official cautioning. Its so incredibly anodyne that of course these thin-skinned mouth-breathers misinterpreted it so they could bitch and whine. Weakest loving men in the world.

quote:

Are you reinforcing any negative gender stereotypes?
-Are you unnecessarily introducing gender & gender barriers into your code or design?
-Are you creating playable female characters that are equal in skill and ability to their male peers. Are your female characters equipped with clothing and armor that fits their tasks? Do they have exaggerated body proportions?
-When the story allows, do you show male characters who display a full range of emotions, including joy, sadness, and vulnerability?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/roguecaliber/status/1773302830566146405?t=xRTOtm1Fb0U2A9IBIxfywg&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bought mass effect andromeda

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

:toot:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

euphronius posted:

I bought mass effect andromeda

it had the best combat in the series but the worst of p much everything else

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Still the best, openXcom is wonderful

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

this is all I gotta say to those stupid Microsoft losers:
a new sick story// i never met a chick who was too thick for me

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I actually might play some more Diablo 4 now that it's on gamepass and I can maybe get some of my friends to play it with me. Although new PoE league is maybe more tempting.

Why would they put it on gamepass right before a PoE league comes out?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

owned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Substandard posted:

Why would they put it on gamepass right before a PoE league comes out?
i think you just answered it

also the game is dead, even teh smarxists of the world aren't buying $9999 in MTX anymore, and it's been like 12 months. they're trying to revitalize it to juice the MTX revenuef

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4aB1Dw7KY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Whirling posted:

I read the original source and its just a list of random recommendations they have rather than any official cautioning. Its so incredibly anodyne that of course these thin-skinned mouth-breathers misinterpreted it so they could bitch and whine. Weakest loving men in the world.

Yeah it's completely benign and I don't disagree with the recommendations tbh.

These Mfs need to read some dang theory