Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Still the best, openXcom is wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SypherPK (#2 Fortnite streamer/influencer) posted this video showing how top content creators are abusing the creative system in a way that has caused smaller UEFN devs to get banned or have their maps banned.
https://twitter.com/SypherPK/status/1773083310941507655?t=2xhDgZvssUXMakfuLS7dlQ&s=19

This was after sypherpk revealed that the maker of one of the most popular UEFN maps is issuing DMCA takedown to other UEFN maps.
https://twitter.com/SypherPK/status/1773032402153099698?t=noUHaoMAFYSraj87fmWDDA&s=19

The UEFN dev Greezy then decided to have a meltdown.
https://twitter.com/SypherPK/status/1773054994335326454?t=AG4RS3bCpdlwrIJOdfsojg&s=19
https://twitter.com/SypherPK/status/1773057181207658505?t=SfmJSzGGD_XRCp8QFdYJTw&s=19

Anyway this guy got nuked and it was really funny.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

i hated it as a big GW1 fan, i was so hyped and GW2 was a giant steaming hunk of boring dry poo poo. this was launch day, so maybe they made it better since then, but it was really bad and left such an awful taste

I was there for Launch too brother, yeah poo poo was hosed. Progression and level sync was all hosed. I remember the economic exploit that let the guild liquidate Karma into copper currency. Get Rich or Pie Trying

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

let's all be content creators

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Looking at GW2 pvp, realizing that they learned the right lessons for pvp, but also a lot of wrong lessons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

lol people paid 100 bucks for this

hahahaha

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al! posted:

lol people paid 100 bucks for this

i played the demo and i thought it was pretty mid but my friend got sucked in hard so i got the game too fully expecting it to implode.

the campaign was okay i guess

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
anybody go play darktide on gamepass so there are more scrubs for me to carry

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
After playing Hero's Adventure when it was being talked about in this thread, I decided to play another more inscrutable wuxia game I bought a while back but forgot about.

Here I am with an Okami dog I tamed by beating it in a kungfu fight

Here is that dog subsequently helping me kungfu fight a horse

I have no idea what I'm doing with most of this game's systems but at least it runs on my computer, unlike DD2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

what we need is a new littlebigplanet made by media molecule.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lpzie posted:

let's all be content creators

i already make posts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

d4 is so mid. i played so much d2 and lost epoch to make up for it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

crepeface posted:

i played the demo and i thought it was pretty mid but my friend got sucked in hard so i got the game too fully expecting it to implode.

the campaign was okay i guess

the campaign was fine and I quit almost immediately after finishing it

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

remembering the glory days of ut/2k3/4 mapping and all of the awesome custom maps and mods all available entirely for free and smiling

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
im level 3 in Baldur's Gate now and it's good.

the last few CRPGs i've played have been more traditional (like Pathfinder) and i hated major towns. annoying to navigate and lots of dumb boring NPCs to talk to. used to think that it'd be better if CRPGs were just basically fantasy XCOM with menus of NPCs/shops/etc and felt similarly about walking around in the overworld.

BG3 makes good use of its 3D environments to make the world a lot more interesting. having stuff you can push, interactable surfaces, JUMP. it's not elden ring or MGS5 but its enough to not make it a complete snooze.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

triple sulk posted:

the campaign was fine and I quit almost immediately after finishing it

yeah, it was ok. but where Diablo?!?!? no Diablo in my Diablo game??

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh hell yes, been waiting for this since the demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yx7LvPR1mU

here's hoping it doesn't get reviewbombed off steam by insane nationalists like devotion did

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

here's hoping it doesn't get reviewbombed off steam by insane nationalists like devotion did

Looks pretty goddamned sick, ngl

edit - let's see how this demo is

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

been playing some last epoch, went sentinel because it looked like the barb/paladin option but it turns out it's a summoner? pretty fun, dunno if I like it more than d2 tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The demo made it feel like it's doing what Hollow Knight did with Dark Souls, but with Sekiro instead.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SirSamVimes posted:

this looks good but lol at how much of just an insanely blatant rip-off of HK

no complaints though, ripping off S-tier games is the way to go and means you'll be like a solid A- at worst.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I encourage and cherish blatant rip-offs of the games I love, gamers winning you love to see it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lies of p was one of my favourite games of 2023, a rip-off that comes out of love and understanding what makes the source material good instead of just being a cash grab can be fantastic

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SirSamVimes posted:

lies of p was one of my favourite games of 2023, a rip-off that comes out of love and understanding what makes the source material good instead of just being a cash grab can be fantastic
it's definitely a mechanistic rip-off but i would say it also did it's own style and plot. it didn't just try to be grimdork 99999 years into the future everything is ruined and everyone just creaks "heh.. heh.. heh..." with half-rotting faces and 50-shades-of-gray

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Epic High Five posted:

I encourage and cherish blatant rip-offs of the games I love, gamers winning you love to see it

agreed

https://x.com/jesawyer/status/1762850170113524091?s=20

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

more games should be giving out their source code/assets whole cloth for modders to tweak, agreed
back to the era of games that are just blatant skins of already good games like doom

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Played a few hours of Pepper Grinder after work and I can safely say its pretty dope. The levels flow real well with the gimmick of the grinder and the secrets are not too bullshit to find. The bosses so far are really cool and puts your grinding skills to the test. And another game this year where the music is dope, especially the world select screen with a catchy ska tune.

Some levels even give Donkey Kong Country vibes which is a big plus for me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
then someone make a scifi game with good beam cannon design ffs

who didn't like freespace 2's beam cannons? why are all scifi space lasers spindly pieces of poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dreylad posted:

who didn't like freespace 2's beam cannons? why are all scifi space lasers spindly pieces of poo poo.
everyone knows they can't make a game even 1/10th as good as FS2 so they don't try

hell, i respect that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Demo down, and got to 2nd phase of the unlocked boss challenge, this game is gonna be fuckin sick

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Dreylad posted:

a big part of it was the sfx and no one knows how to do sound design anymore, in games or movies.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

Played a few hours of Pepper Grinder after work and I can safely say its pretty dope. The levels flow real well with the gimmick of the grinder and the secrets are not too bullshit to find. The bosses so far are really cool and puts your grinding skills to the test. And another game this year where the music is dope, especially the world select screen with a catchy ska tune.

Some levels even give Donkey Kong Country vibes which is a big plus for me.

the demo was great and i want to play the full thing, but for me i've got to wait for the first sale

curious to hear how long the full playthrough takes you though, and how much they mixup the grinding mechanic.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

in dog dragging news, im pretty sure i missed at least 2/3 of the side missions and have now locked myself into the weird postgame. fortunately ive been hoarding items the whole time and my thief pawn is highly adept at the climb-and-stab strategy to match my brainless technique of magick archering everything to death

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Epic High Five posted:

Demo down, and got to 2nd phase of the unlocked boss challenge, this game is gonna be fuckin sick

appreciate that the demo just threw a boss in from later in the game so you can understand what the game will be expecting of you

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Get that guy with the cool rear end fuckin voice to be your friend, and game a still bad. The D4 tragedy.

And even though game bad people still loved it! Until season 1 sucked rear end

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

appreciate that the demo just threw a boss in from later in the game so you can understand what the game will be expecting of you

It's certainly no fuckin joke lol, I may still grind it out but definitely feels like it'd be a lot more manageable with even just a few upgrades

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dreylad posted:

helldivers has some great beams

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

killed my first dragon in DD2, game owns.
The magic shield that the spearhand class gets is hilariously broken, you just keep recasting it to give your party constant invincibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did they fix the performance issues yet