Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When Yoko Taro says a horny game is good, I must listen

https://twitter.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1780014308958879775?t=M9O6GZYlKYjPmqwQyXZg8Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

think I might get an oled steam deck with my tax return.

e: or maybe I’ll continue my quest to get all the Arkham horror second edition expansions

RandolphCarter has issued a correction as of 15:39 on Apr 16, 2024

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

So horny you poo poo on your own magnum opus

Not sure if impressed or saddened... Both?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

important context for that is that the creator of Stellar Blade and he were being interviewed simultaneously so he was kind of talking directly to him and saying "hey I really love your game, I think it's even better than my game"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hey

look at my orb

I don't think this could possibly count as spoilers but just in case

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wizard spreadsheets

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

hey

look at my orb

nice orb. hardly spoilers imo but I appreciate the caution

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's a good Arcanum number. I just started on Da Red Stuff last night and it's just a nice long term project that's kinda optional at the time you unlock it and not optional when you need true ultimate power.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The only arcanum number that matters is Arcanum 2. Need to see where the gnomish eugenics project goes next

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

hey

look at my orb

How do you have all that stuff but only that tiny mana pool

Oh wait... Reserve mana?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

How do you have all that stuff but only that tiny mana pool

Spellcasting is for suckers

Plus I left the "mana potion" alchemy on all night and now I have hundreds of them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn there so many ways to orb...

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
speaking of point and click games the stop motion harold halibut came out today and is on game pass

its been getting good reviews, from the trailers it seems a lot like if wes anderson developed a game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ooooooh, I thought I was having a stroke before I realized you are playing stable branch. I'm playing beta branch which is oh so slightly different (FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT ASSUMPTIONS)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

important context for that is that the creator of Stellar Blade and he were being interviewed simultaneously so he was kind of talking directly to him and saying "hey I really love your game, I think it's even better than my game"

that's so kind of him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did just get Wisdom to rank 69 just for you guys though

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

that's so kind of him

it's pretty cool, just wanted to provide context because it's the difference between like Tarantino volunteering to an interviewer that he thinks Goodfellas is a better film than Pulp Fiction, and Tarantino telling that directly to Scorsese.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Spent a meeting just clicking and clicking on the brain buttons and already seeing some great orb improvements mana-wise

maybe that's my problem, I'm not spending enough time just clicking

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

waiting for some freaks to remake fallout 3 and NV in Fallout 4

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

There are freaks already working on both of those lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

has a fan made game remake ever actually succeeded? i think there was a chrono trigger one that was pretty far along that got dmca'd

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

has a fan made game remake ever actually succeeded? i think there was a chrono trigger one that was pretty far along that got dmca'd

didn't the morrowind in skyrim complete? I'm hardly tapped into such things so idk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

actually now that i think of it Black Mesa took 15 years but they finally ported half life 1 into the 15 year old source engine

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

A lot of the ones I can think of are "make existing game work in new engine" ones which require you to have the original game in some form, which might be a little less prone to being nuked from orbit. Exult for Ultima 7, for example, and there was one for Arx Fatalis, I think. OpenMW too.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Black Mesa I guess. Uh the Thief one... I think System Shock started as a fan thing (?????)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

didn't the morrowind in skyrim complete? I'm hardly tapped into such things so idk

not even close but the one for oblivion is optimistically projecting a 2025 release date

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced Edition mod counts, I guess

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

not even close but the one for oblivion is optimistically projecting a 2025 release date

hang in there boys

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

The Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced Edition mod counts, I guess

that's true!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

that's true!

I really need to try that out but I'm still a bit Infinity Engined out from my Baldur's Gate Trilogy run earlier.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"thats some s-tier anime rear end, respect" -yoko taro

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im announcing my intention to remake planescape torment in the bg3 engine. im just the ideas guy so im projecting a 2044 release date. yes i will be adding dateable anime babes

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

im announcing my intention to remake planescape torment in the bg3 engine. im just the ideas guy so im projecting a 2044 release date. yes i will be adding dateable anime babes

Better have the trifecta of human and undead and Asian

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think the big problem with projects like this is a. nobody wants to just simply keep their heads down and do a straight port, they want to add all their ideas to "enhance" the game and 2. you are completely at the mercy of 3d artists to get most of the hard work done reproducing hundreds of assets

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

i think the big problem with projects like this is a. nobody wants to just simply keep their heads down and do a straight port, they want to add all their ideas to "enhance" the game and 2. you are completely at the mercy of 3d artists to get most of the hard work done reproducing hundreds of assets

People always say this but without an ideas guy where the gently caress do you expect the ideas to come from?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

yeah even if hypothetically doing some coding in an existing engine which had similar enough basic framework (tbs rpg) to adopt something with some hard work and dedication, it’s all the artwork that’s $$$$$$$$$ in insane amounts of work

also tbf most of the time the originals are still perfectly playable. freespace 2 is still going very strong about 25 years later

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
two rear end men high fiving, guys being dudes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

Daggerfall Unity

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fuckt Tupp posted:

"thats some s-tier anime rear end, respect" -yoko taro

Ben Nerevarine posted:

two rear end men high fiving, guys being dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades2-tech-test-sign-up

We're getting close to launching Hades II in Early Access! As noted in our latest Development Update, a key step prior to that is our Hades II Technical Test, which we plan to begin shortly.

About the Hades II Technical Test
We're conducting the Hades II Technical Test prior to our Early Access launch to help us find and solve any technical issues we might have missed thus far, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience from the start. The Technical Test contains much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and may be available only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating.

How to Sign Up
We are using Steam Playtest to run the Hades II Technical Test. If you'd like to be considered for participation, you can sign up right now simply by heading to the Hades II Steam page, and clicking the button marked 'Request Access'.

If you're a content creator, you may also request a key using Keymailer, though please note that due to the nature of the Technical Test, we may not be able to honor all such requests.

Who Gets to Participate
A subset of players who request access will be invited to participate via an email from Steam with download instructions. We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. Once we're sufficiently confident that things are stable, we'll wind down the Technical Test, then launch in Early Access on Steam and the Epic Games Store relatively soon after.

As the purpose of the Technical Test is to test the game with a relatively small audience, we may not be able to honor individual requests to participate. We will do our best to conduct the Technical Test as expeditiously as possible, then launch in Early Access, at which point the game will be available for anyone to purchase and play.

Technical Test Duration
The nature of the Test is such that we don't know exactly how long it will last, though our estimate is longer than a week, shorter than a month. We likewise don't know exactly when we will launch Hades II in Early Access, since that will depend on how long we end up having to run the Technical Test for.

Technical Test System Requirements
Here are the minimum system requirements for the Technical Test:

Processor: Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: 2GB VRAM / DirectX 12+ support

Technical Test Contents
The Technical Test contains the first major area of the game, and other early-game characters, systems, and content. (If you played the original game, imagine a version where you couldn't get past Tartarus even if you vanquished its guardian.) If you end up clearing the first major area a number of times, the game will gently suggest that you discontinue play, as Early Access shouldn't be far behind!

Note that due to structural differences with the Early Access version of the game, save data from the Technical Test will not transfer.

How Technical Test Participants Can Help
Just play! If you encounter crashes or other technical issues, the game will provide instruction on how to report those to us.

Closing Remarks
Thank you for your interest in Hades II and this Technical Test! It's important to us to start our forthcoming Early Access with as few technical issues as possible, so that the focus can be on getting your feedback on the game itself. We're very excited to share that game with you soon, and appreciate your patience and support as we prepare!