Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's hard to keep a cool head when a dead god rends your cities from the earth and suspends them in a glowing red aether overhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's hard to keep a cool head when a dead god rends your cities from the earth and suspends them in a glowing red aether overhead

walkable cities? how would I even get up there?!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

space hillary clinton getting mad at you for not letting a war criminal bioengineer a space plague because youre basically a space antivaxxer is a great bit
when i started playing i wondered why 99.99% of the living human population were space hobos or pirates and when i got to that it kind of made it all click.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

space hillary clinton getting mad at you for not letting a war criminal bioengineer a space plague because youre basically a space antivaxxer is a great bit

some of the best writing ive seen in years. i was also dying lolling irl about the elon-kimbal musk carpetbagger mars colony of men going their own way

todd's still got it

too bad about the whole game part

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

god drat medieval bohemian history is crazier than i thought

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

i agree that the story of starfield is pretty loving funny

its was the most endearing part of it, even if it was entirely by accident

Tankbuster posted:

Now. Warhammer 3's latest DLC.

cant fuckin wait, gonna be so sick

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

watching the fallout tv show with mom. she's pretty into it. the acting etc is fine and walton goggins in my estimation is really killing it, which make my incandescent rage about todd destroying the ncr abate slightly. makes me want to gently caress around in new vegas again, so I spent like two hours futzing around with this viva new vegas stuff, I think it's working so far, gonna finish it tomorrow

rogue trader 30% off for the next few days. never played an owlcat game before but I'm thinking I might pull the trigger. is it at least vaguely not a buggy mess yet?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

rogue trader 30% off for the next few days. never played an owlcat game before but I'm thinking I might pull the trigger. is it at least vaguely not a buggy mess yet?

it's fine go for it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

watching the fallout tv show with mom. she's pretty into it. the acting etc is fine and walton goggins in my estimation is really killing it, which make my incandescent rage about todd destroying the ncr abate slightly. makes me want to gently caress around in new vegas again, so I spent like two hours futzing around with this viva new vegas stuff, I think it's working so far, gonna finish it tomorrow

people who say new vegas is their favorite game honestly don't have a lot to be mad about. that game says the NCR is sucking and isn't especially concrete about why and how.

people who say fallout 2 is their favorite game, though, yeah.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Al! posted:

god drat medieval bohemian history is crazier than i thought

they did not czech themselves before they wrecked themselves.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

imagine sitting at home pissing yourself in rage at a tv show saying a faction you helped in a tangentially related video game didn't come out on top

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one can only wonder what's squirming through the brains of the caesar supporters rn

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

imagine sitting at home pissing yourself in rage at a tv show saying a faction you helped in a tangentially related video game didn't come out on top

i dont have to imagine it

alright I'll buy rogue trader

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

mr. house fans sitting pretty, resplendent in triumph

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

wondering which is the more painful blow canon has dealt to gamers: that the ncr lost, or that tracer is gay

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

todd made the bear on the ncr's flag a bear in a new way

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was an entire third path in New Vegas where you rejected both the NCR and the Legion and it was a plausible path to take because a big part of the depiction of the NCR was that it was ultimately repeating a lot of the sins of the United States and in that context people probably shouldn't shed so many tears about it going away

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the canonical victory is supporting the elvis impersonator faction

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i actually would have found it a lot funnier if they actually retconned new vegas wholesale as a lot of people feared they would, instead of 2.

but to be incredibly honest, there's really only so much steam that can come out of the concept of "everything is broken and trashed" that was already throughly explored in fallout 1 and later 3 and has fully went beyond running its course in 4 (which is why everyone likes the base building). but bethesda have decided that is a core concept inalienable to the franchise

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Apr 19, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The NCR has a cool flag.

Pondering the Beta orb. Big changes in pondering technology. New spell weight mechanic for your loadouts, better UI, progression changes…

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Like I'm sorry but anyone upset about the reification of American exceptionalism getting blasted just because they happened to be less awful than literal cannibal barbarians has the functional politics of a 2016 Clinton voter.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

how did todd destroy new vegas by setting a show whose second season takes place there?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I just hope that one ncr misfit squad you could train into drugzerkers turned out ok

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

how did todd destroy new vegas by setting a show whose second season takes place there?

my incandescent rage will not be sated until the perfidious todd coward faces justice for his myriad crimes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Like I'm sorry but anyone upset about the reification of American exceptionalism getting blasted just because they happened to be less awful than literal cannibal barbarians has the functional politics of a 2016 Clinton voter.
Only John Gonzalez or rope kid knows about whether this was the intention in the first place, but until the TV show it seemed like they were practically gunning for the idea of a future NCR vs. Eastern Brotherhood conflict, which would be a far more interesting quandary than "Howard Hughes VS decaying neoliberalism VS a bunch of rapists VS ragequitting"

e: I guess someone could make a mapgame mod of exactly that.

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Apr 19, 2024

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

my incandescent rage will not be sated until the perfidious todd coward faces justice for his myriad crimes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

they also don't understand how arrows work in a diagram.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Buck Wildman posted:

lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Starfield would have been cool if there was a plot twist that literally everyone was secretly corrupted and evil and you had to kill ALL of them, including the infants - no humans allowed to survive (the PC isn't human)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
in helldivers 2, can you do voice emotes like the codecs in Metal Gear Online 2 and can you be a chick helldiver and is there different voice options

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Ytlaya posted:

Starfield would have been cool if there was a plot twist that literally everyone was secretly corrupted and evil and you had to kill ALL of them, including the infants - no humans allowed to survive (the PC isn't human)

lol

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Buddykins posted:

in helldivers 2, can you do voice emotes like the codecs in Metal Gear Online 2 and can you be a chick helldiver and is there different voice options

I have my gender and voice randomised so it's always different when I respawn. There isn't much variety though, hope they fix that. Not voice emotes I think but you can say stuff like "affirmitive" or "sorry" after you inevitably kill a teammate.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Grimnarsson posted:

I have my gender and voice randomised so it's always different when I respawn. There isn't much variety though, hope they fix that. Not voice emotes I think but you can say stuff like "affirmitive" or "sorry" after you inevitably kill a teammate.

all i needed ty! :cheersbird: it was either this or baldurs gate 3 but i never liked divinity OS

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Ytlaya posted:

you're looking for dragons dogma

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hope the fallout show sheds its dependence on fallout things and goes its own way more. the gnarly robot leg thing was an example of them having great ideas that afaik arent from fallout

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just a post apocalyptic show thats a little goofy and very violent could go from fun and watchable to great, im glad they got a second season

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
they shoulda just made the shield 2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what if its a show with walton goggins as an aging grifter cum televangelist

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Al! posted:

what if its a show with walton goggins as an aging grifter cum televangelist

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

walton goggins is a god just for making you feel just a little bad for the biggest gently caress up, and racist redneck cop Shane by the end of The Shield