Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Manly Odour
When dirty, receive a 30% penalty to Stealth, but a 50% boost to Charisma when talking to women.

OK I too will likely play the czhud game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m an episode and a half into fallout the show and it’s good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

i hope the fallout show sheds its dependence on fallout things and goes its own way more. the gnarly robot leg thing was an example of them having great ideas that afaik arent from fallout
yea the least interesting parts where were it tries to stick itself to ~lore~ and eastereggs. also the mysteryboxification. if they can shed the muh prestige tv mandatory mysterybosx and lore burden and instead just stomping around the desert yucking it up, it'd be a lot better.

as long as it doesn't Witcher itself I suppose alls well and good

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xaris posted:

oh no

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I thought the setting had cybernetic augmentations/replacements. Its one of the things the player gets in FNV.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

The Witcher's still got Anya Chalotra - I'll keep watching for the two seasons remaining

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Witcher's still got Anya Chalotra - I'll keep watching for the two seasons remaining

wtf they're still making more season?? i had to force myself to even finish s2 and didn't bother with 3. actually dont even know anyone irl whose seen s3. i guess netflix must have payed out the wazoo for the rights and aren't about to let it go to waste but i can't imagine the numbers are particularly great

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

But... but...he's an UNCLE, and also a BABY! How can such a thing be?! It's bonkers.

Bible Bonkers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

wtf they're still making more season?? i had to force myself to even finish s2 and didn't bother with 3. actually dont even know anyone irl whose seen s3. i guess netflix must have payed out the wazoo for the rights and aren't about to let it go to waste but i can't imagine the numbers are particularly great

they got one of the Hemsworth brothers to be the new Witcher. Season 4 filming has wrapped-up, and Season 5, which is supposed to be the final one, is currently filming.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Popy posted:

walton goggins is a god just for making you feel just a little bad for the biggest gently caress up, and racist redneck cop Shane by the end of The Shield

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i could have fixed him

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I really liked that unless I’m totally misremembering it, the twist of the first season of justified was that Boyd actually was trying to change and wasn’t faking but no one believed him so for the rest of the series he was just like well gently caress it why bother

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
apropos of nothing, but one of the things I picked up from Noah Caldwell-Gervais's latest video essay about Diablo is that the sound of a game can form as much of the experience as anything else. This might seem obvious if not trite, but I think I'm not the only one who tends to turn down the sounds of a game and puts on Spotify instead. I'm not denigrating that practice, and some games are well suited for cat-assing while listening to a podcast, but I've since gone out of my way to be an active listener for the actual music and sounds of any game I'm playing.

Not only do the various bleeps and bloops create a familiarity with the game and create a kind of psychological reward once the "right" ones go off (to say nothing of sounds that are downright useful in gameplay, such as listening for footsteps in a tactical shooter), but being able to shut out all other distractions (i.e. you're not playing a youtube video on the side because you couldn't understand it anyway with the game's music playing), lets you "be in the moment" more.

I'd encourage people to try it. You might surprise yourself.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I nearly always have a talky stream on the second monitor, so I turn down the game music but keep the beep boops

there also are exceptions, I never turn down Elden Ring or Baldur's Gate 3 edit or Terraformers (insanely chill music)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Starfield would have been cool if there was a plot twist that literally everyone was secretly corrupted and evil and you had to kill ALL of them, including the infants - no humans allowed to survive (the PC isn't human)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stomping infants in the NCU and staying airborn the entire time as 1up sound plays over and over

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gonna tell my kids this was Starfield

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
guy that goes by infantstomper58 boasting on conair to nic cage

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

apropos of nothing, but one of the things I picked up from Noah Caldwell-Gervais's latest video essay about Diablo is that the sound of a game can form as much of the experience as anything else. This might seem obvious if not trite, but I think I'm not the only one who tends to turn down the sounds of a game and puts on Spotify instead. I'm not denigrating that practice, and some games are well suited for cat-assing while listening to a podcast, but I've since gone out of my way to be an active listener for the actual music and sounds of any game I'm playing.

Not only do the various bleeps and bloops create a familiarity with the game and create a kind of psychological reward once the "right" ones go off (to say nothing of sounds that are downright useful in gameplay, such as listening for footsteps in a tactical shooter), but being able to shut out all other distractions (i.e. you're not playing a youtube video on the side because you couldn't understand it anyway with the game's music playing), lets you "be in the moment" more.

You'd encourage people to not completely mute the sound of the game they're playing? Daring.

E: maybe it is because i am old, but routinely turning off all the sound for a game is insane as a concept to me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Homeless Friend posted:

stomping infants in the NCU and staying airborn the entire time as 1up sound plays over and over

me ignoring the main infant stomping quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZCiBSUN4A

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
I turned the sound off a game if it was too scary and the sounds too anxiety inducing and listened to music on my headphones when I was a kid. I did it for Doom 64 at least.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

sebmojo posted:

You'd encourage people to not completely mute the sound of the game they're playing? Daring.

E: maybe it is because i am old, but routinely turning off all the sound for a game is insane as a concept to me
next thing you're gonna tell us it's insane to scrape off the toppings of your pizza and put on nutella instead

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buddykins posted:

is fallout 76 worth playing or nah

Been playing it for the last few days and unfortunately it is probably the worst FPS Fallout, even counting 4

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my most neurodivergent trait is I liked cleaning a Fallout 4 base of all the clutter more satisfying than building it up again

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tired: modding in clean faces
Wired: modding in clean floors

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

A Buttery Pastry posted:

next thing you're gonna tell us it's insane to scrape off the toppings of your pizza and put on nutella instead

this wasnt in uli's degreasing tutorial

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite's 2024 roadmap may have leaked.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1781257092260581649?t=U679i9hSsWlsMRKljKjw2g&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wake me up when I can play as Martha Stewart

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

seems legit enough

Summer chapter looks like maybe something Mad Max-ish?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Xaris posted:

I watched season 3. it was better than season 2, but what isn't. not gonna bother with season 4 Cavill was the only one carrying the show.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I really liked that unless I’m totally misremembering it, the twist of the first season of justified was that Boyd actually was trying to change and wasn’t faking but no one believed him so for the rest of the series he was just like well gently caress it why bother

Justified was such a great show, incredible villains and the most strategic deployment of a minimum of hammy nonsense. Last time it came up in this thread we were pining for a Yakuza-style Justified game. So many ways it could work

External Organs posted:

Wake me up when I can play as Martha Stewart

Her ultimate attack or whatever is making her infamous eggnog recipe and forcing someone to drink a single serving of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Her ultimate attack or whatever is making her infamous eggnog recipe and forcing someone to drink a single serving of it

they don't have ultimate attacks in Fortnite, it would have to either be an emote or a special weapon for the season she's introduced where everyone can use it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The Snoop skin will also drop with a Camp Cupcake area with a quest where you break Martha Stewart out of prison.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they don't have ultimate attacks in Fortnite, it would have to either be an emote or a special weapon for the season she's introduced where everyone can use it

She should get one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The wildest thing about the mtg Fallout cards is that they're great.

Jason Bright lets you sacrifice a creature to give another creature flying.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Love power creep. In all forms really

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gradenko_2000 posted:

i saw someone post [pshhhhhhhh bleep-bloop] and i immediately knew what game they were referencing so hard agree.

system shock 2 looked like garbage even when it came out, but the sound design and sound engine (looking glass were doing probation in engine before pretty much anyone else) that made it so the low poly models still seemed alive and terrifyinh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

super idf bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sholem sholem and luigi sholem