Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It got a push from the city builder YouTubers: civilization guys, Worker and Resources guy, hell they even got philosophy degree having guy play it and I thought he got out of the YouTube game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Someone said survivor mode is good in Fallout 4 but it doesn't let you save anywhere making it unplayable.

soft

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

palindrome posted:

that part does suck, it's the same with factorio. when you get to the petroleum/oil stage of factory games they have to make it a pain in the rear end, it is in the design documents

oh I bet you want to mess around with tubes, and liquids and big tanks, right? maybe do some ratio calculations? and we can sort of let you put liquids on conveyor belts but in a less-useful way

ye satisfactory too

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
you save at beds. Also, dont save at a lovely bed or you'll wake up sick

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bed bug lung

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

We don't like in the middle ages anymore, if I wanna quit the game it should have at least some kind of suspend save.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Manor Lords releases tomorrow ("releases" lol early access) and apparently 2 million people wishlisted it on steam

saw some previews of it that looked pretty cool, kind of a mix between something like banished for the city building with total war-ish combat. Not sure what about it led to it being the most wishlisted game on steam, though.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Manor Lords releases tomorrow ("releases" lol early access) and apparently 2 million people wishlisted it on steam

looking forward to the hype train crash

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Ready Player Prone

Johnny Catatonic

Yawnmower Man

Lmao

https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-citizen-sleeper-2-starward-vector-the-indie-rpg-sequel-with-mass-effect-in-its-sights/ this looks cool. Reminds me I must finish the first one.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

looking forward to the hype train crash

Yeah the dev had to post on steam tamping down the hype because everyone is imagining massive total war style battles between immense stone fortresses on a ck3 sized map in their minds lol

I get why it is so heavily wishlisted, it is a very pretty game with some very satisfying mechanics like the dynamic home and farm placements and spline-based roads leading to organic looking towns. Reminds me of how refreshing Cities: Skylines was compared to the grid-based SimCity 4.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Ready Player Prone

Johnny Catatonic

Yawnmower Man

lmfao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Ready Player Prone

Johnny Catatonic

Yawnmower Man

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah the dev had to post on steam tamping down the hype because everyone is imagining massive total war style battles between immense stone fortresses on a ck3 sized map in their minds lol

lmfao you weren't kidding. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1363080/view/5850813762792298449?snr=1_5_9_

hey yall uhmmmmm this game aint gunna do your dishes, fold your laundry, take you to work, and suck you off... so please set your expectations appropriately

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

medieval game enjoyers keep getting owned

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

is it too much to ask for total war battles in a CK3 scale map-game, where I can gallop around on my horsey mount & blade style while building a medieval realistic city?

and also starcraft I guess?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

lmfao you weren't kidding. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1363080/view/5850813762792298449?snr=1_5_9_

hey yall uhmmmmm this game aint gunna do your dishes, fold your laundry, take you to work, and suck you off... so please set your expectations appropriately

Guy is afraid of No Man Sky pt.2 and spending a decade adding free updates out of fear/guilt.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

To be fair though there's still a lot of tbd/planned features for the game and he's about to get tens of millions of dollars richer, so I expect he would at least hire a few more folks maybe

It's funny though he included some total war streamers in his pre release hype building, they suck at city building and focus purely on the (lacking) combat mechanics, like, what were you expecting??

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Apr 26, 2024

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of the people I follow on Youtube has done a few videos puttering around in it, the game looks good. Not sure if it's quite my jam but it's pretty and you can outfit your army by forcing your peasants to forge swords in their backyard. Its combat is going to make people think of total war, but it's to total war what Mario + Rabbids is to X-COM, scaled down but probably not the worse for it. There's already a bunch of screaming so they just need to add limbs flying everywhere and that crowd will be happy

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i still want From to make another sekiro but instead of being about small guy with katana, its about big guy with huge hammer

Havel the Rock spinoff game.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Justin Tyme posted:

To be fair though there's still a lot of tbd/planned features for the game and he's about to get tens of millions of dollars richer, so I expect he would at least hire a few more folks maybe

It's funny though he included some total war streamers in his pre release hype building, they suck at city building and focus purely on the (lacking) combat mechanics, like, what were you expecting??

Yeah lol like a real majority of epic youtube videos I saw were from guys whose entire channels are Total War. And all the thumbnails were stupid 'Ibroke Manor Lords with ten thousand soldiers *soyface*' and it's like, this is a game where you tell peasants to make shoes so their neighbours can buy shoes lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Contracting Epic Total War Guy to show off Stardew Valley 2

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I keep getting killed by the raiders at the very start of the game and reloading back to the gas station lol cause I put a bed there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/garrynewman/status/1783572282562032090

RIP to everything in the workshop because garry is both completely braindead and insanely prideful and is going to go through with this instead of admitting he got owned by babys first phish

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I posted on the Facepunch forums long enough to believe garry absolutely owned himself

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

if they don't immediately go out of business after launching they will be ahead of the pack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

And yes I doubled-down on trying survival mode after you guys made fun of me.

I'm a real gamer.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

And yes I doubled-down on trying survival mode after you guys made fun of me.

I'm a real gamer.

That's the way, don't let the game beat you, rise above and thrive

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

what's al been up to I wonder

https://youtu.be/O2zEsGM-vaI?si=beiE1Iy4umfjoRoZ

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Everytime I see there's a claw machine with a cake under the claw I push the button. Every single one I come across. I love it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

We don't like in the middle ages anymore, if I wanna quit the game it should have at least some kind of suspend save.

Survival mode does have a save-on-exit

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Oh hell yes. This was my goty the year it came out. Absolutely loved it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
a couple days ago i saw that stardew valley is on apple arcade and mentioned it to my generally non-gamer wife as a good game to check out. fast forward and she changed to the switch version and has played probably 8 hours in the past two days

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stardew is like crack for wives

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got too many games.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
tekken 8 added some sort of cash shop and 30 dollar battle pace 2 months after launching as a full price game

and gamers rise up

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

err posted:

been playing dyson sphere and about to get yellow cubes, why is balancing refined oil and hydrogen so hard wtf

don't worry, once you get to green cubes you'll instantly run out of hydrogen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

tekken 8 added some sort of cash shop and 30 dollar battle pace 2 months after launching as a full price game

and gamers rise up

i don't think there's anyone who's as battered a housewife as the average tekken gamer