Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

buy ur battle pass slop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

loquacius posted:

Stardew is like crack for wives

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I forgot how deadly the combat gets in survival mode

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lmao crashed 10 minutes after leaving the vault. fallout… fallout never changes

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah lol like a real majority of epic youtube videos I saw were from guys whose entire channels are Total War. And all the thumbnails were stupid 'Ibroke Manor Lords with ten thousand soldiers *soyface*' and it's like, this is a game where you tell peasants to make shoes so their neighbours can buy shoes lmfao

You could watch realcivilengineer but he's the opposite, he is old so it takes him ages to get past the first level if anything

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RandolphCarter posted:

I forgot how deadly the combat gets in survival mode

Yeah the Deathclaw shreds through the power armor like tissue paper. I'll get him yet!

But gonna rage quit for tonight.

RandolphCarter posted:

lmao crashed 10 minutes after leaving the vault. fallout… fallout never changes

Yup.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Popy posted:

buy ur battle pass slop

I did pick up the Billie eilish pass

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gaming History recognized and celebrated

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

that nes is so cool

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009
whats a XOBX

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jibs Monteef posted:

whats a XOBX

My boss had a couple of those and we would connect them all with wires to play halo at the end of a Saturday shift.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Pretty cool boss. we just used the existing PCs we already had since they were already networked. And we got to close the door early a few times on Fridays and play counterstrike. Sometimes epic warcraft 3 matches where only a few people really knew how to play and everyone else would start playing cs. Supreme Commander also rules, you don't have to be really good at rts to make a difference in that game so it can be a good choice for lan.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarineInsight/status/1782359319524077903

I can't decide on an mgs or a fallout joke

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I don't think offshore rigs are invulnerable to missile attacks.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
or hueys

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

China: makes an actual island, one neat trick to international law, etc
US: We don't give a drat we will just use some floating piece of junk

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
people poasting Fallout 4 bugs...people poasting the showrunners Don't get Fallout like they do...

Nature is healing.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Making the Poseidon Rig in real life. Epic Torment Nexus poo poo. So cool

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

£26 for Manor Lords. gently caress that.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Just steal it lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

One weird trick they don't want you to know

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what price do you think it should be?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

just send in one guy and it'll work ime

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Communist Bear posted:

£26 for Manor Lords. gently caress that.

I was looking up Songs of Syx after seeing some great videos about it and the dev on the Store page said there's never going to be a sale during Early Access, and then he's going to up the price by 1.0, and then he's not planning on putting it on any sales after full release either

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Indie devs remain insane hell yeah

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

badass. love it when they do that

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was looking up Songs of Syx after seeing some great videos about it and the dev on the Store page said there's never going to be a sale during Early Access, and then he's going to up the price by 1.0, and then he's not planning on putting it on any sales after full release either

ah, the factorio method

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Early Access is a joke but Manor Lords looks very cool. I'm willing to pwn myself if I really enjoy what the crime version gives me once it's released

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DaysBefore posted:

Early Access is a joke but Manor Lords looks very cool. I'm willing to pwn myself if I really enjoy what the crime version gives me once it's released

i think most devs just use it as an emergency button when they start running out of money

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think most devs just use it as an emergency button when they start running out of money

memories of lumbering troll, stem green light, and kinnetic void

because steam changed how green light worked, he declared 1.0 and pushed the game out just to increase sales

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think that, at least for some devs, it's kinda sorta like that: Manor Lords was picked up by Hooded Horse as a publisher, and Hooded Horse has had a pretty good track record of backing Early Access games and giving them support (funding, marketing, polishing, etc.) to deliver a full game.

in that sense, Early Access can act as a sort of portfolio: you come out with a good "demo" of your game, you get some money just from people picking it up, and if you generate enough buzz doing it, you might also get a publisher to back you.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hosed up that lumpentroll did that

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQs4n-U94U

Are ya ready to wait 10 more years son?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just send in one guy and it'll work ime

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i finished dave diving. game was overall very cute and had a lot of fun surprises, but also annoying in that it was too long and took away control too often. would dave again

now onto wahtever other garbage is on PSN+ pro premium plus+ (silver) this month

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have reached a level of Orb in which I have a spell that lets me conjure more than a billion logs of wood, and I can cast it every 26.1 seconds, and I could upgrade it to double that level to 2 billion but I don't really need to

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

loquacius posted:

I have reached a level of Orb in which I have a spell that lets me conjure more than a billion logs of wood, and I can cast it every 26.1 seconds, and I could upgrade it to double that level to 2 billion but I don't really need to

are you playing the beta? I feel like the numbers go crazy way faster there.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

wish my memory was better. can’t remember where any settlements are in fo4 and I would really like to have more places to nap.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

what price do you think it should be?

£12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Halser posted:

are you playing the beta? I feel like the numbers go crazy way faster there.

nope, I'm playing the free version

I am now at the point where I'm forced to answer the question every wizard must eventually: when is your orb truly complete?

I don't have any more upgrades to purchase that don't have "More Dev Time :)" as a requirement on them

I guess maybe I'm at the point where I should just give him my five loving dollars and start over on the beta branch???