Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BONGHITZ posted:

bideo james

classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

beat p10s a couple nights ago and still feelin good about it

oh poo poo nice work!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ben Nerevarine posted:

any Plok! fans out there?

Kinda

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

bideo james

Absolutely

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BONGHITZ posted:

bideo james

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Jazerus posted:

cavemen were weirdly common in pre-3d era games. i don't think any of them survived the transition to 3d

Tail of the Sun tried but sadly it was the swan song of the cavemen era

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
far cry primal u goons

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
also like every survival game starts with doing caveman poo poo. clubbing women, etc

breathing aids
Jun 22, 2023

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

I'm still playing Zelda

:same:
I’ve only beaten one temple so far. Too busy building gunships and jetbikes and gourmet meats and farming hearty radishes and

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

also like every survival game starts with doing caveman poo poo. clubbing women, etc

open world Adventure Island when

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Signalis has an incredible opening. What a sense of mystery and foreboding it establishes. Think I'm gonna love it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

croup coughfield posted:

far cry primal u goons

The videogame adaptation of Quest for Fire we always wanted.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
FF16: Far Cry 4 off-map side missions

im genuinely shocked by how lazy the worldbuilding is

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

snoremac posted:

Signalis has an incredible opening. What a sense of mystery and foreboding it establishes. Think I'm gonna love it.

Oh yeah, it's basically (spoilers for the theme not really story) like that the whole way through. Very inspired by Evangelion and Nier plus Robert Chambers and Cthulhu mythos. The gameplay isn't exceptional but it's an incredibly well-crafted game.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Joe & Mac in VR

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

my bony fealty posted:

Oh yeah, it's basically (spoilers for the theme not really story) like that the whole way through. Very inspired by Evangelion and Nier plus Robert Chambers and Cthulhu mythos. The gameplay isn't exceptional but it's an incredibly well-crafted game.
Now that you mention it the sequence right before the title shows is directly influenced by the last two episodes of Evangelion.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

thinking about Plok! reminded me of Trog! for the NES, but I couldn’t remember the exact name, just that it had cartoonish cavemen in it, so I googled “nes caveman games” and not only is Trog! one of several caveman games for the NES, but there was a game for it called Caveman Games

the more you know

play Trog!

Trog rocks. Good simultaneous couch coop where you gotta work together to defeat the cavemen but its also a race to finish first. Some neat stage gimmicks as the cavemen begin inventing fire, the wheel, etc

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!

Palladium posted:

im genuinely shocked by how lazy the worldbuilding is
/

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

loquacius posted:

I got my first party member in TotK. It's the bird kid. It's cool that Zelda party members are helpful now instead of being basically big rocks you have to carry around like in OoT or big rocks with very specific use cases where they're helpful like in Wind Waker.

im rollin with the whole crew and got the master sword last week recently been loving around in the depths i didnt get all the shrines in botw but just might in this game since im having so much fun also the shrines above ground match where the root lights are in the depths so u can put a stamp above or below one to see where they are

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

snoremac posted:

It's great op

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/crimsonrobin_/status/1672436806133092352?s=21&t=qPF9qqW_E4bboAhw8_RqcA

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

between SoP, FFVIIRand FFXVI Square has released 3 of the best action combat systems in recent years and they are all from Final Fantasy. Wild.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

croup coughfield posted:

far cry primal u goons

imo the best Far Cry game is Blood Dragon

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mars First Logistics is great and could be the next thread game. It’s Snowrunner crossed with Besiege

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i respect final fantasy 16 for its pro child murder stance

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

war has changed.......

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!

Filthy Hans posted:

imo the best Far Cry game is Blood Dragon

you would

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

40 fps is all you need, oled is o-ver hyped

wrong, right

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

what can I say, it's puntastic

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Far Cry 1 was wild, Doom 3 and HL2 had been dominating PC gaming talk for years and then boom this no-name German studio comes out with an FPS game and engine more impressive than both, months before either was released. And it was released as a big chunky set of 5 CDs, real heft to that jewelcase.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

wrong, right

all you need (not fps)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like vibeo gabes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley for 9 hours straight

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my bony fealty posted:

Far Cry 1 was wild, Doom 3 and HL2 had been dominating PC gaming talk for years and then boom this no-name German studio comes out with an FPS game and engine more impressive than both, months before either was released. And it was released as a big chunky set of 5 CDs, real heft to that jewelcase.

it was definitely an ambitious and quite novel game at the time. I think even the best looking for a year or so. but the gameplay wasn’t fully there and poo poo the bed by the time you get those rocket triguns aimbotting right onto you through 5 miles of dense foliage that you can’t even see

it’s kinda sad the direction FC games went to afterwards.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

far cry 1 had Good Water

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a.lo posted:

I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley for 9 hours straight

it was fantastic until something somehow bricked my character on my account forever and now i can never play it again rip

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Filthy Hans posted:

how does System Shock 1 compare to the sequel

not well, honestly

it's a good game but system shock 2 beats it in every way

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

people should consider playing it.

There are builds and skills and gear to find and the atmosphere is sick and the gameplay is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

thank you system shock rc car bombs i wanted to go to the restoration chamber and med bay