Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Started Yakuza 5 after skipping 4. Set everything to easy and made the game pick skills, whatever. Anyway, this is the third time within the hour that they send me into a restaurant and I would kill for Nabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I now have a world-spanning network of air bases dedicated to and currently succeeding at destroying every single UFO that enters Earth airspace, and all that invade my bases are met with a wall of suicide rocket tanks before they even get to my massivley upgunned untrained chumps and mountains of hi-ex. As a result, I am probably the most popular man on Earth, and as rich a God thanks to my secondary mission of making sure every single man, woman, and child on this planet can own an interceptor-class Rail Cannon, with the exception of DRC and South Africa, who are allied with the aliens now on account of being just outside of range of my Turkey base so I never noticed the alien bases before said network was established. Oh well, more supply ships for me.

Am essentially just farming a handful of missions to capture and interrogate big boy enemies for information, which isn't as bad as it seems like it would be and it's very satisfying when you nab a guy who gives you something that's bottlenecking your tech and suddenly a flood of new stuff opens up and you go from struggling to stomping as you jump two tech tiers

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

u never see two ppl with the same name in a video game. makes u think....

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alarumklok posted:

video games?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

World War Mammories posted:

some idiot new guy in the writer's room brought this up and todd immediately devoured him in a single gulp. he didn't even have time to scream before being crushed by the nuclear bezoars in todd's crop

This is canon, just an interesting little tidbit

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

alarumklok posted:

video games?

they're for children

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lpzie posted:

u never see two ppl with the same name in a video game. makes u think....

I saw two people with the same name in a game yesterday and they were both laughing at you

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

After I said I needed something more lighthearted and easier after completing Dark Souls 3, I find myself retrying Lies of P.

Something is wrong with me

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

docbeard posted:

[Wasteland]

I played through Wasteland pretty recently after finishing 3. I tried it a bit after originally playing 2 but never finished it, but found it pretty interesting, particularly for it's time. It's interestingly proto-Fallout too, it could almost fit into that series as entry 0 with stuff like the not brotherhood of steel in the endgame.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

It’s really good but act 3 is unfinished and thanks to the Ukraine war will probably never be (Ukrainian publisher and Russian devs).

that’s a bummer.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

is monster hunter rise worth $10 if i’ve already played mh: world? it does have two pets which is more than one… hmm

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

they're for children

but we love them anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

is monster hunter rise worth $10 if i’ve already played mh: world? it does have two pets which is more than one… hmm

it has a grappling hook so yes

fwiw i bounced off MH:W but i got really into MH:R

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ro5s posted:

I played through Wasteland pretty recently after finishing 3. I tried it a bit after originally playing 2 but never finished it, but found it pretty interesting, particularly for it's time. It's interestingly proto-Fallout too, it could almost fit into that series as entry 0 with stuff like the not brotherhood of steel in the endgame.

My understanding is that Fallout was originally planned as a Wasteland sequel but they couldn't get the rights to the name. They do have a lot of developers and such in common too.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

docbeard posted:

My understanding is that Fallout was originally planned as a Wasteland sequel but they couldn't get the rights to the name. They do have a lot of developers and such in common too.

It's exactly this yes. Hence why there are references to Desert Rangers in Fallout and New Vegas. Not the same guys of course but a nod to that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hoe straightforward and modernized is the Wasteland 1 Remake to play? Do I have to look up paragraphs in the manual? Is the difficulty turned to 11? Are there game-locking gotchas in the quests?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hoe straightforward and modernized is the Wasteland 1 Remake to play? Do I have to look up paragraphs in the manual? Is the difficulty turned to 11? Are there game-locking gotchas in the quests?

1. no
2.no
3. pretty sure there aren’t.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

an owls casket posted:

Speaking of video gamers on YouTube and whatever, I started watching Tom Walker's stuff after Austin Walker tweeted about him a few weeks ago, and he is fuckin great. Right now he's doing a playthrough of GTAIV where the traffic speed for all of the vehicles has been cranked to the max, and it is total chaos. He and his wife (Demi Lardner) are both comedians, and they are so goddamned funny, it shouldn't be allowed.

their podcast big soft titty dot png KILLS

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The paragraphs are integrated into the game (and you get little semi animated cutscenes for some of them). I haven't found the difficulty to be bad at all though there's a bit of a steep curve as the game goes on.

The biggest issue is that a lot of the systems aren't super clear or well explained. Also there are a lot of what today would be called trash fights but were just the expected bread and butter of this sort of game at the time.

If you have any familiarity with older crpgs then it's definitely worth a go (and the remastered version adds some basic quality of life features). If not it's still worth it but maybe look up a starting guide first.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Yakuza 8 Japanese dub's English VA had been doing pretty well for a while and now out of nowhere a white dude named Bryce Fairchild has a Japanese accent so thick he's nigh-incomprehensible

If this guy's gonna keep speaking English in the Japanese dub I'm gonna have to switch the whole game to English whenever he shows up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
started boku no natsuyasumi 2 with the english patch. game is too loving cute.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Secret Hunting in Remnant 2. drat the Archon is a bitch and a half to unlock.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
some of these quests in horizon 2 don't seem like they set the level target right, and also very annoying. this deluge quest sucked and took way longer htan it should have as a side quest

also where's the best place to get some good purple bows soon? i'm close to getting aether. also what are some of hte better weapon skills to get? ive been using the machine tear valor and then multi-arrow notching on hunter/sniper bows right now

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lowland tenakth settlements usually got em

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

The Yakuza 8 Japanese dub's English VA had been doing pretty well for a while and now out of nowhere a white dude named Bryce Fairchild has a Japanese accent so thick he's nigh-incomprehensible

If this guy's gonna keep speaking English in the Japanese dub I'm gonna have to switch the whole game to English whenever he shows up

he's another celebrity va like tomizawa so they're gonna let him do both

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

he's another celebrity va like tomizawa so they're gonna let him do both

They should have let Danny Trejo speak Japanese then, it's only fair

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's really bad. they shouldn't have gone with this bilingual conceit and just done all Japanese even if it was illogical

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's like if peggy hill was japanese and bluffed her way into a recording studio

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

it's really bad. they shouldn't have gone with this bilingual conceit and just done all Japanese even if it was illogical

It's only like that for the main quest too; in sidequests a blond guy named James Taylor whose main personality trait is not taking Japanese cinema seriously happens to speak fluent Japanese and does so even when talking to Americans

It's still kinda funny to me that English-dub Tomizawa has a New York accent because he's a cab driver but I still might switch back and forth according to whim

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MonsieurChoc posted:

Secret Hunting in Remnant 2. drat the Archon is a bitch and a half to unlock.

Yeah the Archon is a puzzle where the intended solution is data mining. There is no ingame way to learn the combination, so to go with the weird semi-digital world it's a secret for those who have the ability to look behind the walls of reality.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
The first thing I ended up doing in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (taking back the axe from Kunesh) got me arrested and thrown into jail.

Great cutscene, 10/10.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

It would have been kind of interesting if the family man who managed to survive the apocalypse was a war criminal, cowardly of them not to stick to their guns

Their guns, of course, which were used for summary executions

A proper redemption story for a war criminal might be difficult to pull off for any studio let alone Bethesda.

Also since Fallout 4 basically turns you into a warlord if you go the settler/raider route it might have some issues handling that story.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

evilmiera posted:

A proper redemption story for a war criminal might be difficult to pull off for any studio let alone Bethesda.

Also since Fallout 4 basically turns you into a warlord if you go the settler/raider route it might have some issues handling that story.

Who said anything about redemption

War criminals mostly do go back to normal domestic lives, I imagine. If it wasn't just a glib and thoughtless comment by an idiot the idea of portraying that would have at least been a little interesting

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

sebmojo posted:

This is canon, just an interesting little tidbit

unban american mcgay you dumb bitch

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cuttlefush posted:

unban american mcgay you dumb bitch

He's had an unban cert for a while now, he can come back whenever he wants