Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

dotas are a dead genre for good reason but carrying a team to victory while the 0/0/0 nasus whines and tries to surrender constantly it becomes briefly worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DROD came out in 1996. I'm not sure when I started playing it off and on but probably decades and finally its done. Secret rooms do not count and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. At this rate I'll complete the series by 2300

Last level is a little weird the gimmick is there's this little rear end in a top hat dude running around flipping switches and opening/closing doors to gently caress with you and get you killed. You finally corner him in the last room, and the game gives a special pop-up saying he's begging for mercy and asks if you REALLY want to kill him? Which is unique and nothing else triggers a pop-up across the whole game. But, turns out if you don't kill him he'll swiftly get you killed as you try to complete the rest of the room, and it's impossible to beat the level without murdering him. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a lesson

Nix Panicus posted:

I had the same problem with Tyranny that I had with PoE2. I need a 'good' faction I can identify with because my power fantasy is helping people. I don't want 'everyone is bad' gritty realism. Gimme unrealistic infantile heroism

The good faction is you and your goals as anyone who opposes you is ontologically evil

The Chad Jihad has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Jul 1, 2023

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hunt is generally widely recommended and has survived for years in genre where most die quickly much less multiplayer games in general. Also great sound design and menu music, the aesthetic in general is great, weapons feel gritty and nasty and a flock of crows sounds like the worlds ending

That said, my friends and I all bounced off it since there's permadeath for your randomly rolled characters after you hit a certain level, and you get perks and abilities from leveling up. They arent overwhelmingly powerful but in a game where a couple shots kills you taking an extra hit can mean a lot and you can get mown down by high level vets shooting you through thin walls and crap. It does feel great when you kill them yourself but since they probably have stats and skills you need luck to do it

I'd still say it's good but I'd mentally put yourself in almost a rogue like state of mind and just do your best with what's given to you when starting out. If you're the type who gets sweaty quickly you might rage out quick

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Join me and I'll kill everyone you love and turn you into a lovely goo monster" -Lilith
"This is the most seductive offer I've ever heard" - Every Diablo NPC apparently

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The ttk is too low for me in battlebit, I need to out think people to win and that ship has also sailed. Still having good fun just makes me reminisce about bad company 2

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Lmao the town so podunk the little kid loves the department store "
Me, for whom a BW3 trip was the highlight of a month: *red-faced, sweating*

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tembah, his apes unslurped

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's embarrassing, but playing the first game of HLL and seeing my buddies get vaporized by a giant artillery barrage as I was running to join them, my first thought was "Huh, war IS bad." So even though we bounced off it that's stuck with me lol

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Buddykins posted:

I want a remaster of Shandalar with all the same cards and same artwork on them, nothing else new except for graphics and sound

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I feel like you could just make infinite money off pachinko and then still crank out expensive auteur games that still make money and juice your ips to make your pachunko more popular and be happy, but I'm just some guy with depression

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Wtf

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Playing lots of Northgard, conquest mode rules

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

From early access the first chapter of bg3 was real good, doesn't mean it won't eat poo poo but they already got my money

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I am going to kiss the frog girl

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DOS2 gave me a world undergoing an apocalypse vibe better than most games so that was cool

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Al! posted:

imagine how good all those infinity engine games would have been without turn based combat. torment is the best of them because of how little you actually have to deal with the stupid turn based system and no auto pausing doesnt count

No lie every time I try to play Battletech I think about how much better it would have been if it was mechcommander 3

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure the companions are bugged in bg3 everyone is way too friendly for having had three conversations over two days. Also a bunch of continuity errors in their dialogues too

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah the big problem with bg3 is it's dnd combat. 65% chance to accomplish something or be completely useless that turn, it's a trash system. Game is fun despite that, at least it handles the rolling and busywork for you

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

BG3 has karmic dice turned on by default, I've heard conflicting things about how it works but what I was told was that it applies to you and the npcs and will start throwing successes if there are too many failures in a row and vice versa

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

am i gonna have to gary gygax these gobbo children :ohdear: I just want to help friend bear

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

am i gonna have to gary gygax these gobbo children :ohdear: I just want to help friend bear

Turns out you can just let them go: they'll drag a couple more guards into the fight but won't alert the rest of the area. Friend bear will absolutely murder their asses if he gets near them though

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The githyanki are cool, lae'zel rules

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It stinks that things slow down apparently because I was just going to praise BG3 on how fast and snappy the combat is for a TBS. You stab a guy, you run up and give him a big meaty stab (or miss on an 80%-to-hit and waste your turn) compared to a lot of tbs that have like half second cycles between each each animation stage.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I've seen some cool glaives

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A week is ridiculous but seeing some superstars in that thread and knowing how easily bullied games mods are,

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

DESTROY

NINEBALL

Speaking of which, do they have the same music guy for 6

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Reminded why I mostly stopped reading games threads during the prerelease review period because it's all "this reviewer said it stabs your balls, but my balls are itchy so that sounds great"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Finally, some decent rear end

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

All I expect from a bethesda game is grey slop tbh

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AC6 definitely has that "eat poo poo completely, come back five minutes later and breeze through it" thing that is in a lot of games but I associate mostly with the souls. Also its dark twin, "lose by a hair the first try, get obliterated the next three tries"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

the milk machine posted:

wasn't there a thing a few years ago where maddox was suing some other internet guy for defamation for calling him a cuck or something

maybe that was a different dumb internet guy

That same guy wrote for the SA front page and appeared on cumtown to discuss the case

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

wolfs posted:

besides deserts of Kharak anything interesting in the steam strategy sale?

Gladius is cool is you want a lite tbs wargame

Lmao Koei still not believing in sales, I want my Nobunaga's ambition !!!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I did see a clip where a dude landed right next to a city cell and the city couldn't be seen at all. Disappointing but not surprising at all. Game just needs to come out, the discourse is getting too heated

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oblivion's combat was real bad and everything looked hideous, it is pretty interesting the little scraps of the original Radiant AI that are still in it though like that one orc lady who will try and clear dungeons or the goblin wars thing. That kinda things always been more interesting to me than an epic tale

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I have been enjoying Star Wars Empire at War mod Thrawns Revenge. I have slain Akbar and I will soon end Corran Horn

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

That game is still very fun. Wish they'd make another. Battlefleet Gothic scratches the itch though

That's definitely a solid one, I didn't vibe with the quasi strategy mode in 2 but it was probably a lot more attainable by the devs than a full blown mode

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

New league hero looks mid

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

drat, the homeworld 3 coop mode looks pretty cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

creeping_on_gerudo_students_to_complete_a_quest.jpg

I was confused why the starfield chatter was so much hotter than a typical bethesda game, but I don't console so I didn't realize it was an xbox exclusive and that's the source of like 90% of the online hater/dick-rider discourse atm