Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I’m trying to enjoy baldurs gate three but the scripting is hosed and it’s unplayable. upsetting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

> select npc
*game freezes for two minutes*

party members won’t follow
characters taking action in battles sit there for 30 seconds before doing anything
audio cues don’t play
quests don’t work because the scripting doesn’t work

very disappointed larian! all this suffering so i can talk to cows :mad:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I’m playing on ps5. appears to be a common issue after patch 4. act 3 is “unplayable” and i start to see real slowdowns in act 2 :negative:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

for the loading (times)

i have been misled by marketing!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

baldur's gate 3: redemption!

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=925241

quote:

In Patch 4 we introduced a fix that would prevent the Scrying Eyes in Moonrise Towers from immediately calling the guards on you when stealing, even if you were sneaking, or invisible for example.

This fix had the unintended consequence of causing unnoticed thefts & acts of vandalism to remain stuck forever within the ‘did anyone see me’ pipeline, rather than timing out and moving on, as is intended. Essentially, your ‘DM’ - in a real-world sense - constantly thinks about the acts of theft & violence the player keeps doing, without ever moving on or verbalising them. Mulling on it ad infinitum.

These unnoticed and eternally-active acts of theft & violence eventually bogged down the game. The more a player commits those acts, the more the game is trying to keep that all up to date and in memory, and so the more slowdowns start happening. Essentially, the ‘DM’ eventually becomes unable to operate. By Act 3 this caused slow-down issues, which after some sleuthing we’re extremely happy to say we’ve solved in Patch 5, which is in testing and scheduled to release this week.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Hatebag posted:

lmao so the game bugged out because it couldn't keep up with all the stealing i was doing. next maybe they can figure out why the inventory was so hosed up and lovely

i'm guessing they're probably related as all the stolen items in inventory would still be marked as stolen and the game is stuck running code for who may have noticed it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lpzie posted:

it stinks of desperation, for one. but the geralt story is DONE. it cannot be addendumed.

witcher 4 is about Ciri

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lpzie posted:

you always see poison status effects but never itchy. I can't relate to poison. itchiness tho, I'm locked in.

poisons can make you itchy, look out

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

there's going to be another subnautica :woop:

sub1 was fantastic
sub2 was pretty bad and i quit once i had to stomp around on land all day, which is not subnautical at all

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

inscryption

i dont know if thats what youre talking about, but you should play it anyways cause it owns

inscryption was cute + good

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

err posted:

should i preorder
no

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

good luck with ctd roulette

I’m done playing for a bit, it’s crashing constantly on ps5. boo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I’m bored and none of the games on my wishlist are under $20. this is violence

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i liked hzd the first way more than 2. it's real pretty though

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Xaris posted:

oh really? what was wrong with 2 that made 1 better?

the first was fun and explorative, the second felt like a chore with little to discover. i don't really remember much of it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

Inscryption is high on the list of games I wish I could totally forget and go into blind again

same, it was real fun

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i think it's time to play elden ring again

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I think you should play a new game but you do you

i'll just forget i already played it. ez

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

elden ring replay update: i have can’t-replay-games syndrome. guess i was in it for the exploration after all

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

crumpin n swaggin

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dreylad posted:

then someone make a scifi game with good beam cannon design ffs

who didn't like freespace 2's beam cannons? why are all scifi space lasers spindly pieces of poo poo.

helldivers has some great beams

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i've been playing Tunic and give it four out of five cute foxes

still thinking about elden ring though. weed isn't the mind erasing device i was promised

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tunic surprised me with the puzzles and secrets. The little guide book, finding pages, all the handwritten notes is really cute and you can just ignore it all and smash everything if you don’t care. it’s like a little hollow knight with some modern puzzle games thrown in

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Augus posted:

drat I revived this oxcart driver from the dead and he doesn't even give me a free ride for it?

nobody rides for free

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

euphronius posted:

what is PS+extra

game pass

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I’ve been playing 7s and 8s with pubs and it’s fine. tagging the map and the hug emote are all you need

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ive only yaluzad once so I'm glad to hear they're all insane

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i recommend dota or an mmo if you really want to destroy your life

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Xaris posted:

just curious, is anyone still tangentially involved or plugged into the boardgame industry? ive got a huge shelf that we used to play all the time (though stopped buying around 2018 from oversat) but between a long pandemic+we're all geriatrics+live far enough with commute weariness, that they're basically all just collecting dust these days. looks like on youtube that most of the better ones are all ones from like 2011-2018 still

we have a board game cafe here but it's now 99% exclusively students or computer touchers on laptops doing homework and no one actually playing anything and pivoted more toward a standard coffee shop with a lot of seating

seems like the industry, hype train, and base has fallen out?

most of my friends have moved, had kids, or only like terrible monkey cheese random party games, so my little collection also gathers dust. extremely sad

my spouse even got into Twilight Imperium but nobody even wants to play much simpler games :negative:

HAIL eSATA-n has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Apr 14, 2024

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I too had a kicksharter friend but drat I just want to play one of a dozen games that I know and are actually good, not spend 3 hours learning some new half baked v1 ruleset that’s totally good promise

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

gotta whoa fast

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

blasphemous looks cool, thanks for the rec

edit: seems sort of easy but the gameplay is nice

edit: this game is hard, am i going the wrong way

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they'd need a momvault just to take care of them

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

2,000,000,000 Bugs

i'm going to need 20 minutes and 4 sentries

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i am afraid to even look at orb game

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

speaking of ps+ plus premium pro plus2 games out this month -

stray blade is yet another half baked soulslike with horrible feeling combat mechanics and boring level design
miasma chronicles is the same but xcom

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i enjoyed kc:d until i had to use a sword

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my name is dave and i am a diver

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

kirbal orb program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i finished dave diving. game was overall very cute and had a lot of fun surprises, but also annoying in that it was too long and took away control too often. would dave again

now onto wahtever other garbage is on PSN+ pro premium plus+ (silver) this month