Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Frog Act posted:

bought that starship troopers fps, curious to see how it is as I’ve always wanted a solid coop bug fighting FPS and nobody has really tried before

EDF! EDF! EDF! Not an FPS but you co-op and kill many many bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I want Diablo 4 on gamepass so I can play on my couch. Hurry it up Microsoft! S1 starts in 9 days.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

Hard on the fence about jagged alliance 3. It looks like the kind of poo poo I'd love, but I'm still mugging through cyberpunk 2077 in chunks and pieces, and I'm historically a summer sale man

When's the summer sale start anyways

It was at the beginning of July.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

indigi posted:

so how does the ASUS deck competitor stack up so far. starting to get itchy for a decklike.

The Steam Deck is a pretty good decklike. I'd get that.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Al! posted:

geometry wars!!!! needs a reboot

Microsoft will own it as soon as the Activision thing goes through. I'd love them to reboot it.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

smarxist posted:

burn notice total conversion for hitman let's get it done modders

Hitman but you can't leave the Miami level.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

RandolphCarter posted:

you can use the vouchers on preorders

Buying a voucher for a future preorder seems like heading down a very dark path.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I pre ordered a video game because I am weak and stupid.

It was Armored Core VI though so I'm probably safe. FROM hasn't disappointed me in years.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I thought patreon didn't allow adult content and that was the only reason Onlyfans existed, but my patreon experience is limited to podcasts.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

https://www.siliconera.com/square-enix-latest-2023-report-sees-sales-increase-profits-decline/

this is all still Eidos's fault I bet

but for real how is such a horrible mismanaged company not chucking their president on the pyre, that's usually how these things go

Do they still own any western studios to pin it on?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've never finished Jade Empire. I bought it on a steam sale for a couple bucks years ago though. Maybe I'll check it out in like November when there are no more games for the year.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Mean Baby posted:

what’s the best mod pack for Skyrim. I think I want to spend my weekend modding it, getting it to run, then uninstalling the way g*d intended.

I'm pretty pumped to spend my weekend hacking some retro handheld and loading it up with a bunch of roms and then putting it on a shelf and not touching it until I repeat the process in a couple years when the hacks have improved.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I need to get going on AC6, but I fell down a starfield hole

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I still think 999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors is the best Visual Novel I've played. I don't remember any creepy sex portions, but it has been a while.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
illustrated boobs are ok, and cleavage is ok, but underboob is still prohibited!

Their regulations get funnier and funnier.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Schmoe Cwead posted:

finally, i can start my pantsless donkey kong country stream channel on twitch

kong out with ur dong out

DonkeyDong

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Yeah I thought microsoft was paying Kotick millions of dollars to go away.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Sam Lake did a 15 minute or so explainer on IGN of the stuff you need to know that happened before Alan Wake 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzocqRZzyoI

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Mean Baby posted:

been playing Binary Domain. It is basically a Gears of War with a MGS4 Kojima Aesthetic with an invasion of the body snatchers story. It feels very C-SPAM.

edit: It is 2.99 on steam and apparently runs great on steam deck (I am playing it on Series X and it runs great).

The Yakuza studio made it. It rules.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I need to get back to ac6, but on the other hand I have like 3 weeks to play through Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name before Infinite Wealth comes out so it will probably remain on the back burner for a bit.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Saints Row (2022) is the free game on Epic today. It's not great but I've played worse games.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
My big resolution this year is to buy 0 new games and actually play through some of my enormous backlog. I did pre-order Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth yesterday though, because I'm not trying to make myself suffer too much.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Max Payne 3 is great, but Max Payne 2 might be my favorite shooter of all time and it is much less good than that one.

I would really like to see remedy get the Max Payne rights back and see a Max Payne 4

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the only game that ever did romance right was Saint Row 4. the rest should give up.

You can't romance Keith David. It could be better.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
If you play Dwarves you used to be able to just auto resolve the whole game in TWW.. Not sure if they autoresolve as being less dominant now.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I watched a youtuber play a bunch of PALWORLD last night and it looks shockingly good. I'm definitely trying it out on gamepass tomorrow.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

TontoCorazon posted:

You heard it here folks, Palworld GOTY

They didn't even get far enough into the game to give the pals guns. It can only get better.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

sebmojo posted:

My wireless 360 started to drift after like 15 years, so i got a new Xbox one controller and it's already a little drifty, tch shameful display

Same. Most of my xbox controllers drift now. I've got the 8bitdo ultimate with the hall effect sticks and I really love it. That and the 8bitdo m30 with my analogue pocket and I'm set. I've become a shill for those guys even if I hate the fact that they don't have easily replaceable batteries.

There are like multiple 8bitdo ultimates and only one of them has hall effect sticks, so there is some ordering horseshit to deal with also.

Substandard has issued a correction as of 01:27 on Jan 21, 2024

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm still having a lot of fun with my lovable idiot Ichiban, although I'm on Dondoko Island now and I've kind of stalled out because I don't love the island stuff but I don't want to leave before I finish it all.

Also, I bought an awesome life size Ichiban fabric poster from Japan this weekend. Only the classiest of decor for my goon cave!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I just got a dude on etsy to mod my switch lite for me.

I'm hopeful that once I've got android on it Moonlight will run well and I can have a smaller handheld than the steam deck to play in bed. Worst case scenario I can use it to play switch games.

Substandard has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Mar 12, 2024

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Balatro is so drat good. I loaded it up for a "couple of minutes" and looked up at the clock like 6 hours later.

I can only really get wins with 2 pairs all the time as a strategy unless I get the joker that lets you make straights with gaps, but I'm going to make a flush deck work at some point

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
When I beat binary domain I didn't max out my friendship with the french robot in time and so I didn't keep everyone alive. I still regret it but I haven't wanted to replay the whole game again to fix this oversight.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

He should get the federal flag from starship troopers next to it to complete the look I think.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Zokari posted:

lets stop developing this game so we can make overwatch 2

oh it turns out overwatch 2 is the same game but it has a big pve mode

oh thats coming later we're gonna release this identical game early

oh actually the pve mode is cancelled

I think ultimately the big change is that it went from 6 people per team to 5.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Safety Factor posted:

Even after years of this stuff, I'm still not convinced enough people like AoS as a setting to carry a video game.

I thought they were doing away with it and going back to real Warhammer Fantasy? I like total War Warhammer.. That's about as far as my love goes. I support whatever has skaven in it.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Nix Panicus posted:

Does the Steam version of SMAC offer anything worth spending $5 on? I think my install might date back to the original discs that I've just carried from harddrive to harddrive through the ages

Almost all of the older games the gog version is the one you want because they generally have done a minimal amount of work to make them run on modern OSes (and it's on sale for like $2 there right now), but I don't know of any reason you particularly would not want the steam version for alpha centauri. I think it works fine.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I just broke my "no new games" resolution and bought Baldur's Gate 3 and Alpha Protocol in the GoG sale. I'm excited to finally enter the world of pushing dudes off cliffs.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Hatebag posted:

no, the game begins with a lengthy test to determine if you've memorized the dragon's dogma

The dragon's dogma is largely just "climb on guys and stab them in the face" I think.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've never done pistol build thorton, so that's going to be my first playthrough on the new version I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Alpha protocol is so good. I kind of forgot how lovely stealth is with no points on it though .

I did not escape the airfield unseen