Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Fatal Framerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i have been trying to play some Wasteland 2 but once again I've burnt out on it. Haven't even made it to the mad monks yet which is the furthest i've been in the game..

Should I just give up and move onto Wasteland 3 or will I be glad I finished 2 first?

3 is way better than 2 and if you've had enough of 2 it doesn't really substantially change except for fighting the scorpion robots which tbh aren't very impressive.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

you could call doing dmt a pineal fantasy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

God that game fuckin sucked. As a kid my parents got us a game gear with that and this terminator 2 game

So terrible i don't think we ever asked for another game gear game. Cool piece of hardware, though you'd need a pallet of batteries to make it truly portable

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

Think I'll grab the switch one for ten bucks and get the PC one if I want more later. thanks dudes

Subnautica on switch works well enough and you can even use console commands so when it inevitably fucks up and your mech suit clips through the seafloor you can just spawn another

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've been in a defacto boycott of linux for many years now. Linux? More like Thennux, because its time has passed and it's now in the past

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

ocelot is the protagonist of the metal gear solid series, not snake

He's there for the whole thing but he's never actually the protagonist because he's always just someone's puppet
Perhaps he only exists to propel big boss's genes to the future

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Revolve'er ocelot??? I barely knew 'er!!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

he's the forrest gump of the series

Konami should definitely get kojima back to figure out the raquel welch/orangutan/spaceship part of metal gear

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I only pay full price for fromsoft games. A lotta games nowadays take a couple patches to be playable anyway plus there's just so many games and i have a backlog of stuff to go through.
Been considering getting sf6, though, because the playerbase will probably drop off pretty soon and then it will just be a core of impossibly hard maniacs brutally defeating me

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

nah street fighter doesn’t really have that issue as much as smaller games do. you’ll always have a pack of just dogshit terrible herbs like me in the wood leagues.

Heaven help you if you start getting into platinum ranks.

Ok then, i can hold off on that then. They'll probably release a dozen different editions of it anyway so maybe I'll wait for the hyper turbo mega champion edition

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

I think Zelda is going to take me until august

There is a lot of zelda. And so far much more variety than the poorly named/breathless breath of the wild

Plus putting a ton of rockets on a vehicle and immediately crashing it into a cliff is pretty dang fun

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I’ve been playing chivalry for awhile and have like 650 hours and it makes me wish the medieval multiplayer melee space wasn’t so empty, every patch introduces novel new bugs to the extent that I think torn banner deserves some recognition for innovation in dysfunction

Chivalry fuckin rules. I was on a siege tower and it glitched when it deployed so i was standing on the ladder part and got catapulted like 500 ft in the sky and then plummeted back to earth screaming. Amazing game, love the yelling

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

My spaceship? That's right, it's a Pacific P16 with nacelles duct taped on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A space truckin game could be great if they could resist the urge to license that corny deep purple song

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

BUSH 2112 posted:

is "east bound and down" acceptable?

You know what, fine. They should get all the truckin songs together for a big party. That, Convoy, space truckin, a bunch of conway twitty, whatever, get it all in there

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Is this game about truckin? Looks like just shootin guys. Which I'm not opposed to or anything

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frog Act posted:

Chiv really is the only game like this that integrates the absurd stuff into the actual mechanics with serious devotion and it does add a lot having guys doing wrestling moves with chairs, playing the lute, being shot out of catapults, etc

I’m level 530 now and get first place most matches post PS+ but I think the sweaty try hard gameplay is so much better for being alloyed by poo poo like flaming chickens and peasants knocking guys off horses by throwing plows

It's such a fun game and there's a wide variety of objectives that are all fun. Stealing pigs, throwing nobles off a pier, burning a library, killing a guy. It feels great when you complete the objective for your team like when you set the last bookshelf on fire and then whip around and cut some guy's arm off.
It's also pretty easy to identify which players are good and should be approached with caution because they have all the cool looking stuff. And there's a good treadmill of weapons to unlock as well. I got the one handed spear the other day and was just slaughtering people. Glorious!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Truga posted:

the trailer is mostly shooting but the game has pretty good space trucking, and no space trucking song :v:

Interesting, might be going in the game hopper

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I’m Dong Quixote and play frequently, say something if you see me and we can stomp pubbies

Oh yeah lol i think i saw you playing a week or two ago. I'm Tough Strongly

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

In a second person shooter you control the guy shooting you, so you line up the gun on yourself and pull the trigger.
Reminds me of the great second person novel, The Fall by camus

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I got the first cities skylines base game, played it for like half an hour and never touched it again. I thought it was gonna be a city planning game but it seemed like mostly a traffic simulator. I wanna do big earthworks, gently caress a car

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I spent an entire afternoon last month learning it and playing it to get far enough to unlock bike lanes and remodel my entire city around having them everywhere

at some point you either have to do large-scale remodeling of your city, or start building with an "endgame" layout in mind, and I wasn't really mentally prepared for doing that, but it was nice to pursue a more modest goal

Yeah it seems like a pretty big time investment to learn all the systems so the game is fun but it didn't get its hooks in me. It seemed more like a proof of concept than a game

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Helltide lol that's a stupid name. Bring in the hellcrab traps, the helltide's changin!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I love that all the diablo posts in the thread are like "this thing is dogshit. It sucks and I have to grind for 100 hours and it will bug out and make me lose all progress. I will keep playing this its soooo fun"

I played a bit of it. Seems like an even less responsive version of diablo 3 with slightly better graphics but i was pretty drunk so maybe it gets better. The menus and levelling are still clunky and stupid and the plot/dialogue are more of the same slop. They had a "diab-low" bar to clear to get people to buy it and i think they succeeded

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

mgs v would be so much better without all the resources garbage

Go to hell! I want to ride a dumpster full of molybdenum up to heaven!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

This loving guy is just an auto-death for me when he shows up. Got a necro minion build going, so I have no counter to him zero-ing in on the PC 100%. Motherfucker does not get distracted.

That's always the problem with diablo necromancers. Skeleton army just gets fuckin wrecked by harder bosses. In d2 you had to be a bonemancer or do some bullshit with a blood golem and a curse, i don't recall

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I just want to upgrade my base why do I need 20,000 cans of gas

Maybe it involves a lot of helicopters and heavy cranes, or shipping components in from a port

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

There are apparently some builds around damage reduction that make the player's survivability better. But also apparently damage reduction is OP and will get nerfed at some point.

The minions get a late-in-the-tree skill that causes them to only lose 30% of health per hit max that improves their survivability a lot.

It would be cool if you start out with skeletons with rusty daggers and as you level up your skeletons get armor and magic and eventually you start summoning bone chariots and maybe like a composite skeleton man made out of dozens of men worth of bones so they have legs with 12 femurs a piece
Not like in diablo 2 where i hosed up my build with too many skeletons and ended up having to kite diablo around his lair with a crossbow for half an hour

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The jokerification sequence in 0 was very strange lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm in it for the nanis

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I should be able to buy poo poo I need instead of having to steal it a gallon at a time

Yeah i guess. Tbh i never noticed much need for additional resources because i loved seeing the little rinky dink balloons shoot a tank or a shipping crate full of toilets up into the sky at a million miles an hour so much i would drop whatever i was doing in a mission to go hoover up more trash

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Diablo 2's Necromancer has actually gotten better since you've played it last where it's possible to complete at least Nightmare with nothing but points in Summoning

but the real secret is that a Druid Summoner is better than a Necromancer Summoner nowadays because you're not reliant on corpses

Yeah but i wanna run around with the bone boys.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've been playing zelda and i think some of the soundtrack is ripping off parts of this herbie handcock song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3QtLCAPp8

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Actually Herbie Hancock is a time traveler and ripped off Zelda

That's certainly what the album art is suggesting

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Theres been a lot of evidence to support the theory even before Zelda

Rockit is actually about herbie's adventures in hyrule trying to make robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY