Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

starting to get bored with Elden Ring, I finally beat Malenia without summons this week

I should figure out a gimmick build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

I bought Trepang2, i hope it doesn't suck.

i really gotta finish system shock 1 though, drat this game is so freakin' long

how does System Shock 1 compare to the sequel

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

far cry primal u goons

imo the best Far Cry game is Blood Dragon

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

what can I say, it's puntastic

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

my PS4 keeps spamming eject whether or not I have a disk inserted

I think that's a bad sign

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

RandolphCarter posted:

slide the top off and use a screwdriver to tighten the white screw, or tak it apart and dust it. it’s a goddamn dust trap.

thanks I'll try this

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

all the starfield talk and fallout talk (in the asia thread) made me consider reinstalling and playing the fallout 4 dlc that i never got around to but then i looked at some mods/images and i thought about the amount of time i'd have to invest in making it not look like absolute poo poo (but still with garbage animations) with a UX from the 90s and it was difficult to muster the will

fwiw most of the fallout 4 dlc is pretty fun at times

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Twisted Metal show ended up being decent? That had the worst trailer I've ever seen lol

yeah it was decent

very low budget so it ends up being more of an apocalyptic road-trip comedy than action series and Anthony Mackie was a good choice for the lead, I think he's better as a comedic actor than action star anyway

it's watchable, if only barely, and that's actually something of an accomplishment

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

it's ok to enjoy the bethesda game

I find at least 50% of the fun in them to be unintentional

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Red Baron posted:

I got an smg with explosive rounds and it ragdolls enemies like crazy and leaves them stunned or something on the ground and it rules

automatics with explosive bullets were a great combo in Fallout 4 and it's the same engine so I guess keep an eye out for an exploder shotgun too

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

BG3 is a great game and the writing is decent but I feel a bit bait and switched about the fantasy morality. At the start of the game you are introduced a bunch of companions with a variety of not clearly good/evil motivations/personalities/backstories, the main quest presents a difficult decision along the lines of 'do you embrace the worm power and change or keep your identity', and you have a friendly but untrustworthy protector.

By the mid to late game every quest seems like a choice between 'help adorable Orphan Timmy' or 'feed Timmy to Zvarthlax the Torturer'

sounds like something cribbed from the Bioware School of Ethical Dilemmas

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

is fallout 4 considered a classic? i mean, i enjoyed it because i love the fallout vibe, but it's definitely got flaws, takes some steps back (dialogue choices), and doesn't add too much (some crappy loot/building minigame).

no, it was a success for Bethesda but it inevitably comes up short in comparisons with New Vegas, which is beloved and for good reason

edit: also Fallout 4 sucked at release, the DLCs helped a lot and when they added Survival difficulty it became much more fun - instead of making enemies hit sponges like regular high difficulty Fallout setting it makes them a bit more fragile and makes you a ton more fragile, additionally it adds a mechanic that rewards riskier play by giving you bonuses that accrue as long as you don't sleep, which is the only way to save progress

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Sep 2, 2023

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

the boondocks is great, but i'd never trust goons to discuss it

Uncle Ruckus discourse is probably best left imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008