Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Welcome back Fortnite thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Clive is cool
https://twitter.com/ShareHoot/status/1672412106832900096?t=ex3AqmXId_4ALjzb0ra2cg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

triple sulk posted:

ff16 has more cutscenes than mgs4

Yep and it is good. The QTEs even rule.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I do like too that a lot of newer games have accessibility options to change QTE's to button holds instead of repeated presses, and in many cases you can just disable them outright.

I'm not sure who decided that having a 2 minute cutscene with a single button press in there somewhere was "gameplay".

Kojima is a pioneer

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ff16 is my goty unless fortnite does something cooler than usual

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The switch is bad. Nintendo is bad. All of you are bad

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I hope nintendo re-releases another classic Nintendo game for $70!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Buck Wildman posted:

the front mission remaster was the first switch game I was gonna get in quite awhile but I saw it's coming out on steam now and I canceled my order

I'm deffo gonna get the mario rpg remake tho sorry hooty

Just play Mario rpg on your steam deck

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I paid $70 for the new final fantasy. Haven't been disappointed by the game yet.👍

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I don’t play a ton of games these days so I don’t mind paying full price for a game every 2 or 3 months

shame about Diablo 4 though, definitely got burned there

My man the diablo 4 train wreck was pretty clear after the beta.

I don't think any other game released this year will be worth $70 except starfield if it works.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
People who think zelda: TotK has a deep and interesting story are saying final fantasy 16's story is bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Starfield will do fine and if it works will be a good game. Goons are stupid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Epic High Five posted:

Hoot is this thing just reflexive or are you really trying to fish for an argument that horny anime square-mashing slideshow shouldn't have to suffer to live in a world with goofy anime square-mashing slideshow? Just enjoy it, dont none of this matta

Just saying how stupid it is that people who cried due to Digimon: Survive's story shouldn't be taken seriously.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

a game can be bad and still be something you play for hundreds of hours

This is true, but people should play games they do not enjoy playing or supposedly hate for incomprehensible reasons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I hope Starfield has Skyrim leveling where you have no cap and can unlock all skills if you use them. It was always fun to do that in the ES games and was the one thing that bugged me in the fallouts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Starfield is already driving everyone insane and it isnt even out yet. Gonna be a good time when it launches

Yep. People are already going nuts about mods. Like ok cool I understand some people love being able to put boobs on every npc or reskin guns to shoot turds or put in some anime bullshit, but it isn't for me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Lostconfused posted:

People liked Fallout 4 OP.

Everything but the last 3 missions when you have to choose to make the game less fun was good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Lostconfused posted:

I liked the first 10 hours exploring a bombed out to hell USA. Got really boring after that, and I quit the main story when the game asked me to murder the other two factions.

Far Harbor DLC was really good though, best part of the whole game.

The DLCs were all fun and I loved exploring the Commonwealth. It is a great map with lots of fun PoIs and dungeons to explore. The glowing sea and the marshy suburb were top notch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Usually those people want games where you're allowed to land the ship

You are right. Why have the background loading of an area being some sort of landing cutscene when you can have the game load the new areas during your minute long hyperspace travel then freeze for 20 seconds as you enter a new planet's atmosphere like in NMS.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

atmospheric travel is pretty standard in space games now, sorry they put all their time into letting you gather a bunch of sandwiches

drat look how much fun this space travel and landing is. Not a total waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpBEF7_o7Ok

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Godlessdonut posted:

I never played Elite: Dangerous but this sort of thing is true to the original that I played on the C64 so yes it looks fun :colbert:

Love to setup travel to a planet and have to find something else to do for 43 minutes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

People use "skill issue" now

And it is even more insufferable

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
God drat it
https://twitter.com/FNBRintel/status/1673317996767633408?t=0_xob3gmWJczjuZzl7tPyw&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

euphronius posted:

my 8 yo kid wants to play Fortnite so bad. it’s enormous

(the game is enormous , not my kid )

Let then and play with them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

can you still play as rick sanchez voiced by justin roland in epic games fortnite? I love brands

Yes, but you have to have had them unlocked from the battlepass they were part of years ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Augus posted:

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet

drat. Too bad the skin happened before the allegations and dismissal of the criminal case.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Fortnite update today with 2 new weapons, 6 new augments, 1 new medical item, tons of quests, summer event starts the 4th of July, and new cosmetics including a new collab.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1673618507462746112?t=_BTHAI1-_4E81QVMbfOp7w&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Atomic hearts dlc preview
https://twitter.com/Focus_entmt/status/1673345896376061952?t=Gr2ck4VPM85mZ3ngt4YksQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Good. The game rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol it's not like any of the console storefronts are any better

PS doesn't have a wishlist, and there's no shopping cart on the Nintendo store

PS has a wishlist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Nichael posted:

Minor Zelda quest spoilers, so avoid this if you don't want to read that.

The new Zelda has a quest where the only solution as far as I can tell is to get thrown in jail. And then the only way to get thrown in jail is by creeping on the morning class of Gerudo children three times in a row. Eventually, the teacher calls the guards on you.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong regarding that being the only solution? Because it's a little :yikes:.

Nichael posted:

lmao I guess it's my fault for not thinking that

I was only doing what my fifty year + senator and godking, joe biden, taught me to do

And with that Nichael was banned.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

This came out last year?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Augus posted:

from the comparison video in that article the changes are so minor I don’t know why they even bothered, especially when the game is a decade old at this point. A character being sexualized marginally less (but still plenty sexualized) isn’t gonna change anyone’s minds if they weren’t into the game’s hyper-sexualized aesthetic before. Literally the only people who will give a poo poo are that people that are mad at it.

if you own Skullgirls on your steam account, please leave a positive review for it supporting their decisions. the worst people in the world have managed to take it from mostly positive to mostly negative recently, people who are literally angry they edited sprites to remove red armbands and nazi-style imagery from a bad guy faction, gave Filia a skirt extension so she's no longer flashing her panties with every move, and removed a voice pack that had some real sketchy lines in it.

even if you've never played or care about the game(neither have the people leaving negatives), leaving a quick positive review to counteract the shut-in garbage review bombing it for these changes would be cool. anything to deny hateful incel garbage even a single win in this world is a worthy endeavor, and giving the devs support for cleaning up their game is a good thing.

I think these changes have come about mostly due to the ouster of Mike Z, noted creepy racist who ran the company so badly and harassed employees so much that the entire company told him to get out, and Alex Ahad, who created the character designs and clearly had some capital P Problems with women

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

a tarkov-like

couldn’t tell you what a tarkov is though

Tarkov is like being crucified and is the only way to experience the pain our lord Jesus went through for our sins.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Whirling posted:

Honestly Bungie might make a good extraction shooter if they get rid of the loot management poo poo for Marathon

The loot management is half the fun of a good extraction shooter.

The division loot extraction game has been Mia since announcement.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Grey Fox posted:

the closed beta began yesterday

Maybe ubisoft should have talked about it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Sylink posted:

It's a shame about Battle Royale cuz pubg is really fun but it's so janky. And now it's pretty much filled with cheaters. If someone would make pubg on an engine that doesn't suck that would be great.

Have you tried the very good game called Fortnite?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

PostNouveau posted:

One day, I believe someone will figure out how to make video game hair that doesn't look like total poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

boy do me and exactly one other poster have good news for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
A good night of Fortnite