Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

40 fps is all you need, oled is o-ver hyped

wrong, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Xbox live uno experience

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al! posted:

the entire story of diablo 4 is told in boring rear end aron sorkin walk and talks and so i have no idea what the loving story is despite being in act 4 because zzzzzzzzzzz

Hell and heaven are going to fight it and out and humanity is going to get hosed by both.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

If an Armored Core and a Metal Gear got in a fight, who would win

Depends on which armored core.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

why are people excited for starfield it just sounds like it's going to be fallout 4 in space and the only redeeming part of fallout 4 is the copium high you feel when you're installing 500 mods and hoping that the game will somehow not be bad this time

People liked Fallout 4 OP.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Everything but the last 3 missions when you have to choose to make the game less fun was good.

I liked the first 10 hours exploring a bombed out to hell USA. Got really boring after that, and I quit the main story when the game asked me to murder the other two factions.

Far Harbor DLC was really good though, best part of the whole game.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The DLCs were all fun and I loved exploring the Commonwealth. It is a great map with lots of fun PoIs and dungeons to explore. The glowing sea and the marshy suburb were top notch.

The Glowing Sea was a really cool gameplay moment yeah. I think they could have done more with it, but also it might have been just the right amount too. Definitely felt unique.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok, I'll be honest.

My biggest gripe with Fallout 4 was that combat balance sucked. Normal difficulty was too easy, but at the same time on hard the enemies had too much health. Also melee combat was bad and broken, guns were the way to go.

This is mostly fixed if you get at least 1 of the 2 OP guns from the DLC, but A it's DLC and B you have to buy the DLC.

So my experience with it was slightly worse than it should have been.

Also I think a lot of this was fixed in Fallout 76, so hopefully they do better with Starfield.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

and someone needs to figure out a 3rd-person solution to stealth that doesn't demand playing the game at 50% speed and crotch level the entire time

Yeah.

Cyberpunk 2077 was probably halfway there when you just murdered everyone with computer magic from a distance.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

actually does anyone still use git gud anymore or did it die in the early 2010s

This thread should know better.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I like how the moral between those quests is basically "the children can still be taught morals" (with the little girl) and then for the boy is like "except for the really awful ones, feed those little shits to the dogs"

The game outright says the text of the moral, that a chained animal will bite you if you treat it like poo poo, and if it's strong enough you will die.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I get that, but I'm just comparing those two quests which both feature lovely children. The first is portrayed as "redeemable" (in the sense that it's implied that the girl had never thought of her slave as being a human until Clive spoke with her) while with the latter son/father it's "welp, guess that kid + dad faced the consequences of their actions :shrug:"

It was funny because I didn't expect that particular outcome after the former quest.

Well you never see what the consequences are for the little girl so you can't say if she is redeemable or not. Only that the consequences of ignoring Clive might lead to a bad outcome.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can do world building without making it extra boring.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Railroaded linearity and being given an option to say no but never allowed to play the game if you pick it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yoko Taro should stop being a coward and do that.

Not the baby poo poo he keeps doing of "delete your save to keep playing the game"

but just ask "Say yes to keep playing or No." question, and if anyone picks no just delete their save and kill the game right in the middle of it.

You know, real poo poo that Steel Battalion pulled, none of this coward story telling crap.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They should have probably cut at least half of the game out in Final Fantasy 16.

Like the boss fight against Urien, of all things, pretty cool. The two reused boss fights and a linear dungeon leading up to it? Pretty boring.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

it's a third person action game OP.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

when will people stop falling for this early access trap. 1.0 next year ftw
People just want a hyped up latest release. The quality isn't as important as enjoying a hot new thing that just came out.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

How can you have a wish list when there aren't even any games to put on it?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sale is tomorrow.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The thing is that there might be 5 or 10 hours of game between Eikon fights. Which is why I think the game would be much better if you just cut out the parts where it isn't stupid spectacle.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

MikeZ did nothing wrong.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Whirling posted:

this is fascism

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The battleroyale boom is even worse than the moba boom.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

I'd say this is sad but I have over 1,100 hours in pathfinder so who am I to judge

What in the heck? I didn't get that high even if you put King Maker and Wrath of the Righteous together.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I see people are still mad about the video games.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

A final fantasy with a strong environmental anti capitalist message wouild be so powerful

The 90s was a wild time, people were worried about polar ice caps melting and poo poo.

Crazy right?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

I want to try elden ring again (inspired by the tarnished archeologist videos ) but it seems like so much effort
Cheat, game engine, use a trainer.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are a lot of D&D games that think the rolling dice, and doing stats are the most fun parts of the game instead of the roleplaying aspect of the game.

And that's fine, since most d&d games aren't made to be like Disco Elysium.

Focusing on narrative and roleplaying part of the game is kind of a recent thing in the genre.

Baldur's Gate has all of 3 character choices you can make, good, bad, and maybe neutral.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

"level scaling" (not saying that Divinity does this) is one of the less palatable changes in game design of recent years because it means you never get to the point where you're effortlessly mowing down enemies that used to give you trouble

Skill issue.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

planescape torment came out in 1999 and arcanum came out in 2001, doesnt seem like focusing on role playing is a "recent thing"

Planescape is a novel, there's not that much roleplaying.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:ok:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's very funny when people quote "What can Change the Nature of a Man?"

And like the game has a definitive answer to that question in the final conversations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its not a real final fantasy if it has voice acting and isnt boring as hell

One out of two isn't bad right?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

indigi posted:

Every day's great at your Junes

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

first thing I always do in games is turn motion blur off, mouse sensitivity down, and n-word slider to max

Didn't know you played video games grandpa.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Hell, even on modern consoles what do they make you do? Disconnect your controller and sign in on a second account?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWHX2Px3hI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

There's a whole month where you can talk about Baldur's Gate without even mentioning Starfield.

No idea how this is supposed to be some kind of statement.