Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the french revolution chinese rpg seems fun so far, you play as Napoleon's sister and every VA is chinese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Dragon Quest Builders 2 doesn't have any right to be this good, the offshoot of the DQ series have been always a goldmine but Builders is really top notch stuff now that Dark Cloud is MIA

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I don't think there's one bad mainline FF game :shrug: they're always cool games

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Builders 1 legit has my favorite plot and protagonist in the entire dragon quest series.

I'm still enjoying ff16 but it still doesn't really feel like a proper final fantasy. It feels like somebody commissioned platinum or team ninja to do a ff14 spin off.

The builders 1 gimmick is so cool, the sequel doesn't seem to match that but it has enough new stuff to make it fun

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/DonkTrading/status/1676961679131955202

Lmao the new footie game from EA is named eafc and a hundred euros
They shoulda called it feeefaa

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
fear&hunger 2 from the outset feels so much more a massive game than the first one, it's crazy to think this is a rpg maker game

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

they're belgian, you racist

im sorry for them

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they redid tracks for the ffx remaster and they sound so much worse ~_~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_SvI6Z54s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jieToDZeENo

They also messed up the facial animations and models in trying to use the higher res models.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Jagged Alliance 3 is good

yeah, it hits the right spots like JA2 even if the animation transitions can be a bit janky like when you send your merc to mantle over a window but I'm loving it
too bad there's not enough customization options for your own personal merc, at least i could only find like 6 avatar pictures

Truga posted:

not gonna buy jagged alliance yet because i'm playing nucleares and derail valley right now and next week the monkey island patch drops :v:

also it's already mixed on steam, i'm guessing it needs some hotfixes lol

it's working fine for me, i see people complaining about MP being busted though and UI scaling althought I see an option for it on the graphic settings

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

How XCOM is it?

combat's on a grid but there's no % to hit, it's all about line of fire and stats, you got overwatch too, it feels like a marriage of xcom and JA2

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i aint going to read all the pages back but AC6 is so good, let's get ps2 era titles like this again, I just pick a mission and do it!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Also in AC6 will I ever get a melee weapon better than the pikebunker? The ones I got after it feel super anemic

The moonlight sword is cool but the pile bunker let's you go like Ronnie Coleman yeaaa baby

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
are bg3 performance issues mostly fixed now?
edit: holy crap the game's 150gigs??

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
back in my day frames were honest, none of this ai poo poo

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Got pathfinder 2 and stuck on the hardest part, choosing my human fighter portrait

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
ooof the tavern defense on pathfinder 2 is kinda rear end
yeah sure, make a lane defense map with hundreds of trash mobs on a game with RTWP combat or turn based

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Been playing Pathfinder wotr on core difficulty and the act 1 tavern defense is awful, it's like pulling teeth instead of a scenario that plays to the game's strenghts

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Just drop the game to a lower difficulty then, it's really not worth it. Core is too much of a pain in the rear end if you're not exploiting at least some of the pathfinder class and game mechanics.

I'm this close to just drop the game all together cause the water elemental fight was actually challenging and fun to try and figure it out, but if this is the type of stuff I can expect from then on then I dunno

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The fight has a couple of strategies that knowing now I could prepare beforehand but I'm stuck now that I can't rest anymore but most of all it's annoying as heck because it's a tower defense scenario on a baldurs gate clone

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Just lower the difficulty until you clear this fight and then you can bump it back up.

You've already wasted a day on it or something, you either need to move on or roll back to a much older save, but beating your head against it is not helping.

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Managed to clear the tavern defense, got a stinking flail for all my troubles

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
wow they really up and retooled cp a lot, like even the city feels up to standart with other open worlds and the new perks seem cool

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Maybe this has always been what dnd has been like but pathfinder on core really hammers how much you need to keep track of resistances and horde a bunch of communal resistance scrolls or allign weapons. Like a more busy work persona

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Why doesn't anyone say anything about X ever tho

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think you can double tap movement also for dodge

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The patch changed a lot of the open world feel, like having npcs that fit better the environment and stuff it feels like on par with other games in the genre now

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/Ekanaut/status/1706559717756305543

gamers are so drat stupid why the gently caress would it matter that the rain is localized?

we used to be impressed by illusions like this, like on how mgs2 did the rain drop effects look like theyre hitting the models by just making random splashes on the models themselves

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
saw someone posting on twitter about upcoming games they dont got 90 dollars to pay for a new game when tf did games got to be ninety dollars

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Games are now 70 dollars. It's only 90 if you fall for the marketing ploy of paying extra to play a week ahead of everyone else.

they marking up preorders now? lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
this is almost a great idea as the making toothpaste holes bigger

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
necromunda has some cool powers but the shooting's kinda rear end and the looting is kinda bad, like the shots feel like im hitting shooting practice dummies
where's good shooting feel, lemme hit a dude in the head and ragdoll him like deus ex 2

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Dreylad posted:

that's a game i always meant to pick up at some point.

i can't believe the actual necromunda game based on the tabletop game sucks so much rear end. how the gently caress do you screw that up.

Whenever I get new powers the game gets cooler and the levels look pretty good, it's just that the regular shooting feels so limp it's like on purpose to make the powers feel even better to use
edit: the movements good tho

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Sep 30, 2023

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

loquacius posted:

I actually really liked it, it's just kind of hard to defend on the merits sometimes (a zillion characters which is cool but they're mostly interchangeable which isn't, too much plot is delivered via exposition dump from ghosts, game takes place 20 years after original in a man-made archipelago with more than 20 years of history but which blatantly did not at all exist in the first game, etc)

I usually find myself on the side defending it though, it has a lot of online haters because it was not kind to the cast of Chrono Trigger and people are very protective of their babies

also, serge so far was the furthest the concept of a silent protag has been taken

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/villecallio/status/1709858819990249760

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

Literally just had a conversation with my D&D DM about clearly marking ladders and doorways on maps because I'm too easily overwhelmed with details to find them myself so I can make decisions. I even cited video games breaking immersion a little to have clear visual indicators. The custom maps they make for the campaign are great, I'm just bad at parsing them and need help.

Go to youtube "dm ladders doorwars" should help

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
make the ladders red or smth, this was a non problem until level design got cluttered with tons of bits and bobs that you can't interact with but need to be there for realism
like why cant i bump shelves and trash a room?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

the ability to distinguish "real items" from set dressing is necessary if you're also going to have anywhere near realistic amounts of clutter and graphics

make the clutter breakable

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
ada has a grappling gun tf is she doing going up ladders

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the ada dlc rules, the new actress tho yeeeeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
picking up zelda totk again and drat, these armor upgrades are really grindy, i just wanted some bonuses like the miner top giving more glow or smth