Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

This is the most comprehensible Diablo since the first one, but actually following the story just leads me to ask why we're so opposed to Lillith. Just started Act IV and she seems like the lesser of the evils here. At least she doesn't want to send everyone in Sanctuary to the Hellraiser dimension. Seems like a real step up from the current guys running Hell.

she eventually gives an I am bad monolog

your character is going off of instinct and past history in sanctuary (demons are bad )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also from the start your character is possibly corrupted by mephisto

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m trying totk now and while the iterative improvements on the botw genre are nice, it’s overwhelming how much there is to do

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is that not how the game normally is ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

special crystals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

I thought the first advert cutscene for d4 with lilith and her big skin cape was cool

But the second cgi cutscene they showed off was that WoW looking one with an army of soldiers facing off against demons in a lava level, it seemed like a big step down somehow, a lot more fantasy gamey whereas the first one was more horror.

Is that part of the ending one everyone likes or is that one completely diff?

that is the one but there is a lot of build up you are missing that gives it a lot more context

you are right that the genre is different

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

loquacius posted:

You turn it on and it goes yea high, how does it know when to stop?

focusing crystals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is it only ps5?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched the trailers for starfield and it looked like a games I already played.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Zelda is going to take me until august

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

there are also people who like eating poop but that doesn't mean that it tastes good

I mean I think it does ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can you imagine if starfield had Elite Dangerous docking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my 8 yo kid wants to play Fortnite so bad. it’s enormous

(the game is enormous , not my kid )

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

will they stop calling me a sussy baka?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Workers and resources has pretty good traffic . It’s not a simulation. The traffic is actually agents doing things

The only thing abstracted out is commute to home after a work shift or shopping trip

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

grinding is fun for a lot of people :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why do people like call of duty so much ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one of my workmate’s son was like a professional COD player
it was weird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

windwaker had good hair

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I want to try elden ring again (inspired by the tarnished archeologist videos ) but it seems like so much effort

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s a good idea

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s what I’m saying

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is this huge goron screaming at me when he turns into a ball?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yunobo

he’s screams at me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I recall the FF7 prima guide clearly. I think it was two volumes ? maybe not

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking it up ff7 was Brady games. close enough

all those publishing jobs, lost forever !

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

looking through the ff7 bradygames on a pdf and this is uh, a lot better than some YouTubes and a wikia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s also means that in English

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the amount of straffing in armored core 6 seems unrealistic

I’m just watching some let’s plays tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I found starcaller rhadan to be a good place to stop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i would have rather have another elder scrolls game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s impossible for it to be good . you can’t have that many systems in a game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah totk burned my out when I had been playing for like 10 hours and it was still introducing new systems

and the dungeons weren’t amazing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am still leery from buying mass effect andromeda

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched a review . your space ship taking off is a cut scene hahah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

with all the chatter here - did anyone anywhere have actual-expectations for Starfield? i remember all the folk that thought Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Citizen and whatever were going to be total life replacement fantasies, but Starfield never seemed to have had the same amount of followers drunk on lofty promises, just a lot of people hoping for "the same gamebryo poo poo weve come to tolerate for two decades, except in space and prettier"

I was hoping at least you could take off of a surface and fly into space .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember AC Odyssey getting exhausted when it was still introducing game systems like 13 hours in. and then I went to Brooklyn !???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is the thread for game players who enjoy good games like Assassin's Creed Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, and soon one more. There's a games thread for AC if you want to hate on those games and behave like gamers.

ok . what is the new one ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will try odyssey again with less gamer brain as noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xaris posted:

they're honestly pretty tediously not that interesting games, but the fun ive had in an AC game most-recently (4+ years ago) was getting hella, just completely obliterated, stoned on edibles, and then playing AC Origins day-dreaming about living in ancient egypt and making wicker boats or building pyramids and what my house would have looked like. gameplay/map icon stuff was of no relevance.

*taking notes*

* “get really high”*

ok I’ll give it a shot