Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Harvestella is such a good game. I'm in the last stretch of plot ending and it is AMAZING.

See the robots call your humankind Abels. Then your linearly-time traveling waifu finds out she's a Cain! Then she does the thing from the bible but you can stop her with the power of love, hope, and heart!

The farm translates so cleanly and neatly to player power. I've scaled beyond the endgame. Now I got like 4 more hours of plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is Xenosaga for children. It is wholesome harvest moon with a side of Nier. It is basic, but it is so ornate and aesthetically beautiful.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

the milk machine posted:

i am building a "gaming pc" today

Godspeed.

Just plug the thing into the thing and feel the most intense anxiety durring the first boot sequence.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

smarxist posted:

Any decent single player survival FPS games that have come out recently?

i don't want to base build too much/at all, mostly just roam a big land, maybe scavenge a gun and craft some poo poo and just find my way or w/e

Fallout 76 for 0 brain gaming

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

go outside

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's because she's a woman

euphronius posted:

she eventually gives an I am bad monolog

your character is going off of instinct and past history in sanctuary (demonswomen are bad )

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

Kyber crystals are the magnets of the star wars universe, and the Jedi are Shaggy 2 Dope and Sith are Violent J

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Went to JC Penny Family Photo Studio yesterday and my infant girl was a star. Big smiles and attentive head posing. She was a dream.

Toddler boy went everywhere except the little red dot that triggers the flash.

I highly recommend a Department Store style photo session for you family. It makes you shower, dress up nice, and get in the car.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

PC gaming should be done at a desk sitting at attention.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

localized voice chat is one of gamings great achievements

When Fallout 76 launched the mic was hot by default. You couldn't change the settings till you were done with character creation, so it was just me and another guy unexpectedly speaking to each other for like 20 minutes while I was making my dude. His girlfriend said hi over the mic. It was surreal. Then I played the videogame and like chatted 3 times total over a 120 hr playthrough.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I am very bad at Armored Core 4. Stuck in Chapter 3.

Just make your robot better. You need that core strength. Chapter 3 is around the time you should upgrade the middle bit, robot parts are invisibly tiered.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

punished milkman posted:

a lot of them are boring but they did call one “caulk & bawl”

Goty

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I last read page 25. Slamming Post and skipping all that to say Harvestella is incredible. I just finished the boss battle and the epilog has been playing for the last hour and I love it. The final boss was the soul of the planet and I got to defeat global warming with the power of friendship.

Final boss has a sick 2 minute long animation that only does 30% of your health. This game is for babies. But it is a Xeno game, so there was a crucifixion when the Cain betrayed the Abels and it is very fun. I fully recommend this videogame.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is. In jrpg terms the farming acts as the main driver for progression and mechanical player power. If you do less farming, you have less money and stuff which makes the dungeon jrpg part harder... But it is a baby game for babies, so it's not like hard to just stumble your way through and do like 8/10 on completion without any guides. If you read a guide you can optimize things for the first year. I just finished story on Winter Day 28 for reference it starts on Fall 1st with 31 days a season.

It is beautifully paced. It is a jrpg and a farming game that respects your time which is RARE. Everything is opt in, there are no actual time pressures, and everything is simple enough to click into place elegantly.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

Isn't that just FF8

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The last screen is a black out with white text

It is playing a music box rendition of the main theme. It is beautiful. I am crying.

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Jun 30, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

ive had songs of syx on my wishlist forever but never got it because early access, twenty five bux, and nobody ever talks about it. whats the lowdown, whats the skinny

It is a child of Dwarf Fortress, a sibling on RimWorld. This little ant farm simulator is the closest in spirit to DF and it's Legend Proc Gen. You scale from your 5X5 storage shed all the way up to world blanketing nation and it is insane.

I have watched like 3 different streamers attempt the early game and it just keeps scaling up up up

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

today is the last day of Reddit too (they're killing all the mobile apps except the bullshit official one nobody uses); social media is dead now

Yet here we stand, still posting, 1000 more years of Something Awful

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

been thinking about slamming my balls in a drawer over and over. might be time to pick up cdda again

Sky Island, Magiclism, and the fancy kungfus is the constellation of modpacks I'm fiddling with now.

I'm also using the Catapult Launcher. Vormithrax is still doing his thing. New tutorial source is SA poster Wormgirl. Best of luck doing the most granular zombie rogue-like.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

My brain is completely Steam sale poisoned. There is a bunch of stuff on sale that I want to play but don't buy because it's over $10, and then I'll pick up any absolute garbage on my wishlist that is $2-$5 and never play it.

Free your spirit. Pay $30 for a $70 game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Harvestella is currently on sale for $30. Coincidence???

Its good buy it read it to your kid

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1674780712204140550?s=20

VIDEOGAMES

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

wrong

in Yakuza you can beat up a guy about any problem basically

Reactionaries hassling your whores? Beat em up!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Wait why do you think you can't make a shootwoman in fallout 4 :confused:

Fallout 4 Lore: male player character was a veteran of the big pre-war war. Female player character was a lawyer lady pre-war. I think that's what OP was referring to

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Plus I can't stress enough how little the prewar backstory affects anything that happens in-game. I don't think it ever comes up a single time. You can make your character Killer Michelle with a sledgehammer or a big dumb jarhead lady if you want, the only thing stopping you is you

Every chance I got I pressed the dialog option that was all "oh I'm a big ol new dummy from the war. Is this ~the future~?!?!" and my main dude acted more retarded each time all the way to the end.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is impossible for me to not press the button that makes me mad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I don't think they're getting mad I think they're offering a mild critique of how fallout 4 presented roleplaying choices to the player

actually you're the one getting mad

that's because you're too mad to read them correctly

Sounding kinda het up here bro, maybe mad?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Turn on your monitor

Got me

Anyways the character in FO76 has a better backstory

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

turn off the TV posted:

preferably you would mod out fallout 4's entire story

Sim Settlements basically does this and it owns.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

This is so good!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Agreed. I think the best RPGs have you starting as a total loser. You should be like a prisoner, an amnesiac, a randomly drafted meat shield, etc. because it makes the arc to becoming Level 99 King poo poo Of gently caress Mountain that much more impactful. Started from the bottom now we here.

Kenshi brain

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I picked up Dragon Riding Age of Wonders dlc. It wasn't on sale, but I saw enough that it would be fine to get.

I got One Lonely Outpost as my Early Access curiosity, I like the pitch, I like the premise, didn't play the demo, still bought it.

I put Elden Ring in my cart, but I haven't bought yet. But I want to try finger but hole

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

Every day's great at your Junes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

FFXVI doesn't seem like a game I'd enjoy at all, but I do agree with whoever said it earlier - the fact that every rating is either a 2 or a 10 confirms that they've got it back. Every FF anybody actually remembers at release was either so bad it was a war crime or the greatest game of all time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eve didn't scratch the right itch. I reinstalled Albion Online to see if that was closer to the RuneScape grind my heart desires.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Vivid flashback of going to the url printed in the Official Final Fantasy 9 Strategy Guide to ~find out more~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I <3 Videogames

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Past two ages made me feel like I was having a stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Whole I don't want to comment on whether a bearform druid is more bear than demi-human. I do want to comment that Bathesda fade-to-black technology has improved since they made the first gay fade-to-black with assassin dlc guy in Mass Effect 2.

I mean panning to a squirrel that drops their nut to make the "oh my" gesture. We live in the future.