Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
alex kidd is a libertarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rock paper scissors does not violate the nap

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was trying to figure out crash badicoot's politics and did hideo kojima write the plot????

quote:

In a secluded archipelago 300 miles (480 km) west of Tasmania,[11] the mad scientist Doctor Neo Cortex uses his "Evolvo-Ray" to genetically alter the local wildlife into an anthropomorphic army of soldiers for the purpose of world domination. Among these soldiers is an eastern barred bandicoot[12] named Crash, who Cortex selects to be the general of his army.[13][14] The day before Crash is subjected to the "Cortex Vortex", a machine intended to brainwash him, he becomes attached to a female bandicoot named Tawna. Crash is rejected by the Cortex Vortex and is chased out of Cortex's castle, plummeting to the ocean below.[2][a] As Cortex prepares Tawna to be used in Crash's place,[16] Crash washes up on a smaller island and resolves to rescue Tawna and defeat Cortex.[2] He is aided in his mission by Aku Aku, a witch doctor spirit who acts as the guardian of the islands.[17]

Crash undertakes a trek across the archipelago that spans several months.[b] He traverses through a native village and defeats the hostile tribal chief Papu Papu. Cortex receives news of Crash's approach and dispatches his soldiers to dispose of Crash. After Crash defeats Ripper Roo, Koala Kong and Pinstripe Potoroo, he reaches Cortex's stronghold and faces Cortex's assistant Doctor Nitrus Brio, who battles Crash by ingesting a potion to transform himself into a giant green monster. Crash escapes to Cortex's airship, while Cortex boards a hovercraft and attacks Crash with a plasma gun as his castle burns behind them. Crash deflects Cortex's energy bolts against him and sends Cortex falling out of the sky. Tawna embraces Crash as the two ride Cortex's airship into the sunset.[20]

The epilogue elaborates on the fates of the game's boss characters following Cortex's defeat and disappearance. Papu Papu sells the remains of Cortex's castle to a resort developer and uses the proceeds to open a plus-size clothing shop; Ripper Roo undergoes intense therapy and higher education, and authors a well-received book discussing rapid evolution and its consequences; Koala Kong moves to Hollywood and becomes a film actor; Pinstripe opens a sanitation company in Chicago and prepares for a gubernatorial campaign; and Brio rediscovers a love for bartending.[21]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

any Plok! fans out there?

idk, what are his politics?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

capitalist decay

workers paradise

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

capitalist decay

worker's paradise

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that looks pretty cool, ff16???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tawna vanishes between 1 and 2 because she left Crash for Pinstripe.

do they fight to the death in a flowery meadow in russia in the third one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

alarumklok posted:

playing timberborn. you play as beavers and you make buildings and gunk up rivers with your stiff wood. it's pretty cool

freaking out because it's a long dry season and my beavers are dying of thirst

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it turns out building dams and locks is really loving fun, i hope there's boats at some point

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

alarumklok posted:

I want more buildings that let you stack poo poo. I love making janky skyscrapers with rope bridges everywhere

dont forget beavers get good feelings from being near roofs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gently caress rooves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

bideo james

classic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

war has changed.......

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a.lo posted:

I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley for 9 hours straight

it was fantastic until something somehow bricked my character on my account forever and now i can never play it again rip

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its fun, i still havent figured out any melee builds i like. i wish the level scaling was a bit less aggressive but whatever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fail fantasy imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rhe plot in diablo is "these people are standing around yammering on, and keeping me from clicking on more demons"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

love video gamin' in 2023

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

one time when i worked at a game store in texas two dudes wearing overalls and no shirts came in to sell their old gamecube but when i went to hook it up and test it i saw literally dozens of roaches living inside and had to turn em down...they were really nice about it though

🪳

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the genesis was better than the snes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

though for real most genesis games were not great compared to Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Soul Blazer, Illusions of Gaia, Starfox, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Terrangima, Earthbound, Donkey Kong 1-3, Star Wars SNES, LTTP, Secret of Mana, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Super Metroid, FF3, etc. snes has some of the best games that still stand the test of time: far more than n64/psx/ps2/ps3 etc has

counterpoint: dynamite headdy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The switch is bad. Nintendo is bad. All of you are bad

/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Psycho Society posted:

subnautica's on sale for switch, worth getting?

subnautica is great and has a lot of little and big surprises in it. highly recommend. has the sub that was just crunched in it which is really loving funny sale timing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey subnautica is in the news for some reason, we better throw up a sale

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

punished milkman posted:

i played battlebit for 20 mins and the localized voice chat seemed to be primarily 12 year old boys half heartedly saying “medic… medic….”

war is hell

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

my favorite thing about children playing videogames is they say "there's a kid over there" instead of "there's a guy over there"

lmao oh my god

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

silly wabbit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the entire story of diablo 4 is told in boring rear end aron sorkin walk and talks and so i have no idea what the loving story is despite being in act 4 because zzzzzzzzzzz

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ahh kill the demon lady??? ok i'll try

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ocelot is the protagonist of the metal gear solid series, not snake

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hatebag posted:

He's there for the whole thing but he's never actually the protagonist because he's always just someone's puppet
Perhaps he only exists to propel big boss's genes to the future

he's the forrest gump of the series

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buddykins posted:

which snake

exactly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the real snake eater.... was ocelot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Augus posted:

the reviewers that were complaining about 16’s story have severe brain worms, this poo poo rules

the reviewers are mad they put all this magic stuff in a final fantasy game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

spending 70 bucks to hate play a game you can play for like 5 bucks for a month on xbox means you probably are looking forward to and enjoying that game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah elite dangerous is already the ultimate space trucking sim. if you wanna do combat in that game god bless you but its not the game's actual strength

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

raw fury just released a game in vr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cant it be august already, i wanna play shadow gambit