Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

dave the diver beats rear end, chill as gently caress with incredible graphics. i am going to eat mushrooms and just gently caress around underwater looking at dope fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

is there a way in dave the diver to not have to like mash the button a ton to pull things in?

or do I have to get autohotkey set up or something to make that easier

the different harpoon tips have different 'minigames', like poison you have to spin the stick, electric is running based etc. I think it only makes you do them for fish that are tougher than your current harpoon level, i noticed having to do it less as I leveled that up

e: it's definitely something they should have as an accessibility/QoL option

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

What is this in reference to

canada's greatest work of fiction

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'm getting my hopes up for armored core,

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

*voice shaking* its gonna be good again, like before!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i know i'm close to finishing dive dave but the story missions loving suck and i just want to optimize my service staff and tycoon branches across the pacific rim

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Also the rendering power needed for even 4k is absolutely absurd. Like the jump from 1080 to 1440p on most displays is about a 20~ PPI jump; from 1440p to 4k is 2.5x that, usually somewhere about 50-60 PPI increase. You can see most current graphics cards trying to find ways to cheat because the costs of rendering that natively are still outside of what's feasible, so you've got poo poo like DLSS or FSR, which are upscaling and using AI ML to gussy it up, and DLSS3 which is just using AI to make new frames so their number can be bigger (this works very poorly)

once you get your staff up to about level 12-13 the cost per training skyrockets

12-13 7943
13-14 11395
14-15 16348
15-16 23452
16-17 33644
17-18 48264
18-19 69239
19-20 99328

This was halved from the beta lmao

oh im aware of the costs, i just love making money

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Al! posted:

decided to pick up mgs5 after many many years, the early stuff is fun when you know the twist

nice, mgs5 has some of the best stealth gameplay of all time, shame about everything else that happened in development

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

preordered AC6 like the pathetic From simp i am

havent even played any AC game before

i've been resisting but i also know i'm going to snap it up instantly when it drops

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

soundsection posted:

elden ring was my first from game. why don't people like ds2? i enjoyed it the most of the original 3 by far, and elden ring is basically dark souls 2 2.

contrarians base their personalities around finding fault with things other people like, op

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im glad everyone is enjoying their tapeworm sex virtual novel, fortunately armored core 6 (a game) comes out next week

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i've been playing a lot of GRIME this weekend, and it's a pretty good soul-vania. i'm getting a little frustrated trying to find progression (currently exploring the carven stronghold or w/e it's called) because there are clearly at least two abilities i don't have (vines and purple warp-points) and i have no idea where to find them. i wish the map had a few more icons to remind me of where things were to come back to. i don't like having to look up maps, but i'd never have gotten into the full area of feaster's lair without knowing the bitey-gates just have a gigantic hitbox and don't require a special item to pass.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its a crime against me, specifically, that ac6 has not been released yet

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i need to grow 6 more fingers to play ac6 the way it wants me to

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol this missile wizard at the end of chapter one is kicking my rear end. it seems like some % of his attacks hit me no matter what, and even with tank legs i just get whittled down way too fast

e: and then phase two happens and the first combo is too much

Chard has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Aug 26, 2023

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

it's definitely rewarding my classic fromsoft loop of get killed until tilted, chill out and have a revelation, see marked improvement or success on the next attempt. i'm finding the patterns harder to learn than a soulsborne because of how fast everything is, but still managed to get my foe down to 5% AP before my weapons ran out of ammo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

the true secret of armored core is that the helicopter is the hardest boss in chapter 1 because you have to use the starter robot. you can and should trivialize the others by hard countering them with your build

i got to the mega hard chapter 1 conclusion boss that people spend hours on and had to learn the KBM controls for the first time because the game stopped accepting controller inputs when the fight started.

it took me maybe 15 minutes because i just changed my robot's loadout until i could face roll it instead of trying to be good at video games and learn its attack patterns or w/e

what'd you use? the only thing i've found so far that does anything to the shield is bubblegun/sword combo but when he starts meleeing back that strategy doesn't work so well

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

tank legs and then medium everything else. used two bubbleguns and a shotgun and sword. a tank/medium set up is fast enough that you can keep up with it and you have enough AP to just face tank its attacks, which means that you can stagger it more quickly and mitigate damage that way. a rocket launcher would probably be better than a shotgun, but you basically just want two high burst DPS weapons to switch to when its vulnerable

shoulder pods was the secret sauce here, thanks for the tip. i fell into the terminal armor trap like a noob, refunding and replacing that with useful OSTs feels so much better

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Ok fine, this part is true to the original games.

idk you start out human+v4 in this one, hard to compare with deliberately going into megadebt for the sweet sweet corpo-chrome

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

income is income, mercenary

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

quad missile loadout is very very strong. i've been steamrolling everything since getting the hand launchers. i'm sure it won't last but for now it feels good, merc.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Scallop Eyes posted:

Orb of creation is a dangerous game, everytime I open it I lose 6 hours of my life.

haha, only a fool could have this happen to them, not me literally today, haha

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hatebag posted:

s ranks, you say?

the real armored core starts here

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

i did not like AC6, not any of it really

guess that just leaves more AC6 for the rest of you

thanks im slupring it up like a dog

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the lil dick'n'balls resupply drone makes me lol everytime

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'm a little disappointed with the arena in ac6. literally every enemy can be chumped by putting missiles in every weapon slot and boost kicking the poo poo out of them. i haven't finished the campaign yet but being able to change the fight location (and having those be more interesting) would add some replay to the arena ladder. the acs aren't even that memorable, they just exist as swarms of missile trails and explosions.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im hard stuck at g1 michigan, nothing i do seems to let me overcome his endless reinforcements. thinking back, this feels a lot like why i bounced off ac4 after loving the previous titles, i just like slower paced mechs more. not sure i'm gonna finish this :/

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol those are all fantastic tips, and things i've tried! just can't execute. part of it, like others have noted, is the 8bitdo left stick loves to click in, and rebinding might help, but it's defintiely not my only deficiency. dont get old kids, i vote for carousel.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

what stands out to me is how smooth the first person mod looks

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I finally beat Michigan by giving in to the hideous impulses of the coral and doing the other mission and letting my Buddy take care of him

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

can i come back and make the more interesting choices in ac6 ng+ via replay mission, or are they once-per-playthrough options for branching the story?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard posted:

can i come back and make the more interesting choices in ac6 ng+ via replay mission, or are they once-per-playthrough options for branching the story?

i am pleased and surprised to report that you can, it seems, go back and branch anything you've unlocked in your current NG.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

problematic_norm_quote.jpg

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

is that only for NG+?

if i take your meaning correctly, i think so. there are decision branches that change the ending potential, and then also NG+ new options that do ??? but probably lead to Best Endings For Good Gamers

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lmao, if you agree to let Swineburne go in ac6 you can boost-kick him while he's babbling and one-shot him to finish the mission. i think ayre has some unique dialog for it too

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'd probably have a much easier time with ac6 if i could be arsed to set up mouse and keyboard controls, but that just feels too wrong to even contemplate

some games have specific input mechanisms and that's just How It Goes

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

finally cleared g1 michigan and all of his bullshit in one run. just sat down and did it first try, no sweat. fromsoft are experts at creating that frustration loop, i'm still literally high off the win

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

froms new mo going forward will be to poo poo out 10,000 sequels to 10,000 IPs they own now that they are the big video game boys in 10 years miyazaki will be a hack and in 20 hell actually not have had some bad ideas for some stuff leading to his humble but well recieved comeback in 25 years

unless he touches the wrong titty then its a coin toss

wut

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

anyway ive been shooting robots with my big robot and its a lot of fun, boom boom hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

chivalry 2 is a lot of fun but their servers have been a trainwreck lately