Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
renting this post for 3 dollars a day, call me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there are too many games now

there should only be around 15 imo

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Only about an hour in so far but this loving Mario + Rabbids game feels an awful lot more fun and polished than it has any right to be

i need to finish it, the post game missions can get brutal

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
playing baldurs gate 3 without having played the first two

i can now really understand why ive always heard people call forgotten realms the least interesting fantasy setting

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm playing it with a group and it's funny that it basically replicates the problems of 5e combat but faster where you wait for your turn and miss then have to wait again.

im owning myself by running a melee group and they sure do gently caress all other than just swing at poo poo

e: to be fair i also just was refusing to do a long rest for as long as possible lol

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 12:34 on Aug 7, 2023

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i thought Karlach was cool until she wanted to be friends with Wyll and then i lost all respect for her

she struck me as the party member most likely to say Well That Just Happened

maybe she isn't but now ill never knoooow

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
gnolls were never interesting to anyone but the 5e gnolls sure are the worst ones

people like zombies right lets just make them as interesting as the living dead

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i do surprisingly like the not fish people, the gith or whatever, tho

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i keep forgetting i have a nonlethal attack toggle but i also am pretty sure it's use makes no difference in basically all circumstances

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
forgotten realms has some kind of anti-worldbuilding thing going on where every possible feature of the setting has been designed to be as nonsense as possible

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
somehow feels like a cross between the theme park feeling of skyrim and the extreme need for violence towards nonheroes and cartoony villainy as 24

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they should take some of the abilities off wizards and put them on the other classes id say

just bizarre to me that you have characters that have a grab bag of completely random incoherent poo poo to draw from that ranges from "talk to runic bricks" to "ten turns of irresistible CC because a magical fish is slithering up their uethra" while other classes get "would you like to roll 1d20 or 1d19+1 to attack" on levelup

i understand it is a d&d Thing but its probably part of the reason people make fun of d&d all the time

e: also vanican magic is dumb. stop encouraging naps.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

im just saying

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

Laz'eal is a theocratic fascist OP but I'm trying to fix her

i want her to get worse

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
not used to the awesome dndisms in bg3 like, an aoe that disarms you and makes your entire party run for two rounds, as just a thing someone can do instantly after dashing all the way across the map into a teleport into a spell

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
elminster turns into water if you beat the poo poo out of him

0/10 gently caress you game let me kill this loving brand store gandalf

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
team evil could have me on board if they said i could watch this old gently caress die

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Al! posted:

someone explain why i should care about this elminister guy everyone is constantly talking about

i have had no real knowledge about him except bg3 but he is much i hate in fantasy fiction crammed into a temptingly killable form

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hello i am all powerful and yet endearingly quirkily. i have saved the world countless times but do literally nothing except maintain this status quo were anyone not loving the goddess of magic gets shanked by one of many hitler based species. cant do anything for you tho btw kill yourself lol

e: he's like 1300 years old too

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Aug 9, 2023

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
more and more people are saying that kurtulmak was right in wanting all the gnomes dead but honestly i dont think he goes far enough

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
at level 7, fooling around with multiclass poo poo in bg3 which seems like a lot of ways to make really terrible characters

i made the rogue elf a rogue/monk and since i found gloves that makes his dex 18 i just made that his dump stat so his statline is nice for being what it is

i hope theres nothing in dnd that specifically steals gloves.

im sure theres other fun combos but that was the most obvious one i thought of

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

elminster also founded the harpers who are my personal pick for most obnoxious organization in forgotten realms

i am very happy that within twenty minutes of being brought to the harper inn, every single harper was dead by my actions

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Having never read a forgotten realms novels or whatever and having no exposure to him, he seemed inoffensive in the game. A typical rear end in a top hat wizard, which I consider kind of a fun character type

i want to take off his hat and stamp it into the mud

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
every one that has asked me to give a poo poo about a duke is dead. the only duke i ever knew was nukem and he's trash.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
also everyone i have tried to rescue ends up dead too, except that one goblin who i am sure will join my party to replace all the members that quit out of disgust at my many crimes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the way religion works in dnd seems to be in service of enabling 1. people acting in insane ways, 2. setting contrivances, 3. violent sports team rivalries without the sports, and 4. racism

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i don't think ive seen a single farmer

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there is too much royalty, is there any faction that wants to kill them that isn't also an insane murder cult

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Popy posted:

priests can create food and water

wizards also i think

a post-scarcity magic society is possible but all the wizards are assholes they are all libertarians

someone should tell the gnolls this so they can stop eating all the middle class refugees wandering in the woods that kill

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

in dnd you say?

its different when all the gods are very active and have evidence of their existence and instead of worshipping all of them polythestic style you go, no i will worship the god of porch lights and all other gods are Wrong and their followers must die

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
most religious conflicts have material roots to them rather than just like, pokemon gyms escalating in their violence towards one another

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Best Friends posted:

it’s so stupid. I hate it. almost every fantasy world is like that too. nerds trying to figure out fake societies while completely whiffing on the basic concept of polytheism.

im just endlessly amused by the whole, we want a setting with full plate but no guns, and where 80%+ of the population is urban, and the major groups are explicitly apolitical terrorist cells / insanely well equipped neighborhood watches with a flat hierarchy and anyone that does any actual trade exists to loving die, thing

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah because gods are rational and reasonable and won't be jealous petty assholes when some dipshit tries to game the system.

worked for the Romans

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Never heard of that DnD race.

i mistook your post for one trying to make a point, then

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I wouldn't worry about it, making mistakes seems normal for you.

yeah i read ur posts

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bazinga

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

And I appreciate that, thank you.

yw im only being catty out of a religious obligation please do not mark it down on my alignment sheet

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

1 . Good post, glad you made it
2. <Lie> Good post, glad you made it
3. Attack
4. Leave

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im outraged that bg3 has no karma system so i can't complain about the game morally judging me for striking every gnome i meet across the face for their impudence in being born

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
jk for you gnomophiles out there i have not directly slain any gnomes so far but i think there has been only one gnome ive met that hasnt died while i did nothing, and i stole their boots as they pitously begged me not to