Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

anyone know any good ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

shut the gently caress up

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's okay for someone to like a different toy than you
nobody on this forum is interesting enough to warrant a post that requires two or more scrolls to get through

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Baldur's Gate 3 is horny to the point where I'm just waiting for some hosed up sexual harassment poo poo to come out of Larian at this point.
swen's a libertarian, so...

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

indigi posted:

I’m so tired of every question I have about video games/consoles being answered by a 6:30 youtube video rather than a 2 sentence blog or forum post that maybe includes a screenshot
google's hosed as it is thanks to thousands of AI-generated sites, but for BG3 it seems especially bad. it's like every site is "[the problem you're trying to solve] is a problem many players of Baldur's Gate 3 face. Finding a solution has stumped many players. Its answer is well hidden in Larian Studios' new roleplaying masterpiece. [five more paragraphs of SEO nothing and then the vaguest possible answer]"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i say swears online posted:

the best video game, geoguessr, is doing a world championship

https://twitch.tv/rainbolt
this is loving wild

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Saw that. The beta I played did not indicate a release this year, despite me liking it a lot. It is 100 percent going to be buggy on release.
it's owlcat games

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

can't wait.

ive been playing starfield for a bit today and so far i can only say: it's very bethesda

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

inching behind an NPC at a snail's pace while he's taking you to a separate location that's way too far away where he'll betray you so you aim a weapon at his head the entire way there and then melee him in the face the second the dialogue ends and one-shot him: the quintessential bethesda experience

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

I can murder an entire colony ship but I can't kill three rich people. Sicko poo poo.
this mission sucked poo poo despite the cool concept

a whole 200 year old colony ship appears next to a planet and it's full of people who slowly left earth before grav drives were invented. cool. nice. this can be something. so the mission goes like this:

you hear the chatter in space, get invited down onto paradiso and needs to see you in person to tell you to check out the ship (1x loading screen)
you head back into space and board the colony ship (2x loading screens)
there's an entire modelled colony ship full of characters but you can only really say anything worthwhile to two of them
you head back down to the planet to report back to the ceo (3 loading screens i think)
you get three options: kill the colonists, enslave them, or buy them a grav drive with your own money. you aren't allowed to kill the ceo or his board members.
so you have to go to another system and go talk to a guy and pay him 40k (or 25k after a persuasion check) to get the drive, then you go back to the colonists (many loading screens)
you talk to the second noteworthy person on the ship, the engineer, listen to his tech babble and then have to do a little puzzle to install the grav drive. the puzzle is just checking your journal and making sure you pick the right option on three monitors.
you talk to the captain, get some ancient garbage (some basket balls and some hockey sticks) and that's the entire quest. the entire quest is the perfect example of a bethesda quest - go back and forth between locations, bash through the dialogue options, that's it.

what a waste. how many hours did they put into modelling that colony ship instead of into the actual quest it features in?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

bethesda has the problem of adding too many systems and too little bespoke content to their games. Very paradoxbrained.
thing is - that colony ship was bespoke content. someone put a lot of effort into making it. they just didn't put any effort into the quest it features in. making something you're then barely going to use feels like a massive waste of production time.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Tyranny is great because you can burn down the library of Alexandria and come back to the smoldering ruins to swirly the nerds again.
the best thing about tyranny is that it is really good at letting you be evil. i can't play as a bad guy in other rpg's. even if I weren't such a goody two-shoes irl, being evil in other rpg's inevitably ends in a) worse results b) your companions being disappointed in you. but in tyranny, being evil is the whole point. it doesn't give you worse results, it doesn't result in sermons or your companions leaving you. it's great.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i'd give dave the diver the goty nod. i haven't played too many of the titles released this year and even though I loved BG3, it's refreshing to play a game that's actually finished at release. not just finished, but polished. great game.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

atelier morgan posted:

rogue trader good i played entirely too much yesterday because i didn't want to stop at a reasonable hour, now i will pay for that mistake
i like it but it's hard to get into. with pathfinder, i at least understood the basics of the system beforehand, but with this system, oof. i have no idea what im doing with all these skills and talents. i can figure out the simple damage dealing ones, or the ones that grant an extra turn or something that's immediately visible, but the buffs and debuffs just feel impenetrable at times. it's very owlcat games.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I love this guy on youtube, check out his videos on starting out and character creation:

https://youtu.be/_HkH5LfbR2U?si=VGr_1gIYnyjYdX3p

https://youtu.be/lb1TlCU-tdY?si=mLJfPVgazMjnj3qA
thanks. should've known this guy would already have a guide up.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

creative assembly should consider making the total war games good again

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

bring back the phalanx and pike formations in total war imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

bring back generals with traits like if they see combat a lot they become suicidally brave and disturbingly scarred freaks with like 100 dudes in their retinue plowing across the field.