Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jazerus posted:

why is the new version so sterile sounding lol

doesn't have any of the little flourishes it's like a simplified version of the composition for 14 year olds to play in the school band

they removed the 3 grace notes from in the melody in the new one, removed some of its rhythmic motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

why isnt there a gta3-maker like rpg maker, we are robbed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

every yakuza game is identical and they all rule

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I guess my question is, how much longer is there to go. I've done Manaan, Kashyyk, and am about to chat with some sand people on Tatooine. I'm willing to devote another evening to the game but if it's longer than that I'm making other plans

Cloud is a separate thing that most, or maybe all, GamePass games are on. I think it's technically still beta but you can play most any gamepass game in a browser on it tho I think it requires the highest tier of GP sub. I've used it before and it's pretty nice but like all other cloud services it comes down to latency and if the game you're playing needs it to be low

Korriban is a pretty fun planet, you get to go to sith school.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I'm afraid big reveals aren't in the calculus, as is often the case with coming into story games 20 years late. It's never bothered me tho, I'm a big Godzilla and dumb action movie fan and I could tell you how most of them will go and what the ending will be when I'm buying the ticket, doesn't change anything because that's not what I'm there for

are you an evil jedi if so confronting your crew on the secret last planet can be very funny.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

the only good cod is black ops because it seems absolutely determined that nobody take it seriously

cod2 rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mafia is the american yakuza-like and it does suck

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rocket racing has consumed my life!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i hit diamond 1 in rocket racing, im elite baby next stop unreal

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

time for a little between family gatherings rocket racing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Rocket Racing mode is very fun but feels half-finished in a lot of ways. for one thing, why are the cars not all open top so I can see my little guy sitting in there driving? and why is the win screen such a generic list of blown up pixely portraits when the top 3 could be on a Victory Podium, emoting? you have a whole world of skins that people play this game for and you're not taking advantage of here.

it does seem very strange that you get the giant blown up hyper pixelated picture. I have no other complaints about my new favorite racing game

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

played the orc campaign of war3 remade in starcraft arcade. Its very good and i cannot wait for them to finish the last two campaigns.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm excited for the TMNT collab event.

im excited to squad up with everyone equiped with their own TMNT weapon. Like the real Turtles

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I got the surfing bird emote, just working on that TV back bling now. Idc about everything after that really.

i got way too deep into the battlepass for my liking.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

It's easier now that there's 4 different game types you can play that will all level you up

yes rocket racing is 75 of my levels

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

two Victory Royales this morning feeling very good.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i jack my graphics down to the lowest setting and lock that bitch at 30fps so its super smooth

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

got to diamond 1 in rocket racing feeling good.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fortnite is a very challenging game for adults, you should see some of my lego builds

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite will be down until 8pm tonight.

what am i gonna do when i get off work guess ill play solitaire

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

in the top .01% of dota games they made a new matchmaking system where the top two players are team captains and get to pick from the rest like kickball. Because everyone at that tier knows each other and can balance games better than an algo.

thats pretty interesting too bad about the game its attached to

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite Festival is helping me rediscover my enjoyment of green day and blink 182

paying the 500 v-bucks for Numb so i can emote the vocal line when i win games. This is the new meta

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

on the topic of songs in fortnite the jam stage is a super fun idea. mixing songs up with other people and doing live dj sets is awesome

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I liked when my turret in Helldivers shot me. It said I killed myself and my friends and I were trying to figure what happened, and we realized that my turret had rotated around and shot me because I was between it and some bugs.

that was a pro tf2 spy strategy, killing the engie with his own gun.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its almost time to crush children and man children in ranked fortnite.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im gonna guess thats the super earth symbol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

not sure i like this new shotgun or the new rifle but the boys and i got a well earned victory royale

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Got desynced headsshot tonight. Feels bad.

i hope you taunted them after

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this could be very very fun

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i currently have giant towers for me to jump off and glide to placed all around my lego world like its death stranding

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

New jam tracks. Idk if I want Amy of these.

scenario is a perfect rap song with maybe Busta Rhymes best verse.

Big shout out to my main squeeze the Drum Gun btw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i have the technology to build a car and engine in lego fortnight but not to make glass for the power cell. Troubling times.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i preordered off steam Homeland and it didnt even run on my computer when it came out!! Atleast i got a cool tf2 hat

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Redezga posted:

If they really wanted me to go the Joja route they would give me more options to crush small local businesses.

after some quests you should run the joja mart

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite update
Rocket racing season 1
https://www.fortnite.com/news/rocket-racing-neon-rush-light-up-the-night
https://twitter.com/RocketRacing/status/1777608200277074223?t=N_GB5mNmZrmwJ5RYw4-DiQ&s=19

Fortnite Festival:
Will have a Coachella collab. Supposedly a number of jam tracks will be put into special bundles during this collab.

Battle Royale:
Yacht is gone0. We should get elemental temples PoIs for avatar soon.
New chests
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1777613561696506181?t=2nLlUs_5xe5dP2x1PE_lNg&s=19
New mythics
https://twitter.com/unrealhybrid/status/1777613872205038075?t=0jgKmg9pRLPC0RVjLxqijw&s=19

Lore/quest stuff
https://twitter.com/Egyptian_Leaker/status/1777614634595283384?t=LbI7q5m4-Iukikyi0-uiqQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/Egyptian_Leaker/status/1777628954871927095?t=zFztoHQgdOPcg-8alg0NhQ&s=19

New cosmetics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLFwdM5A0o

Apollo skin

New legoized skins:

New star wars collab on May 4th. New skin called "Rebel Leia Organa". Chewbacca should be the other New skin too.

Other changes:
Starting in May, EVERY COSMETIC will have an individual timer showing when it's leaving the Item Shop

Proximity Chat is coming soon to Fortnite Creative

its time for me to get to number 1 in rocket racing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

can't wait to get the Jizz Jam Track so I can mash up the cantina music with X Gon Give It To Ya

btw Scenario is probably my number one vocal track rn, the Busta Rhymes part is just so fun to play. Into You by Ariana Grande is a close second, her style of singing goes really well with the vocal tracks they've set up

i was having a blast in jam mode singing numb over 3 different drum track at max tempo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol are you doing some timing push

back when copper league was a thing in the beta/early release me and another goon would crash our 2v2 rank down to play Copper Cops where we'd tke control of the map, lock them into their base then talk like new york beat cops in the chat until they left

people would get so mad

the players are emboldened, blizzard abandoned the chat a decade ago you should take a look at the global all chat its absolutely horrendous.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

people hate random players, but random is the most powerful

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i used to troll tf2 by being good and winning matches with my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bowcaster feels very good and is very powerful