Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I've been playing Ostranauts slowly in my spare time lately. It's a game by the guy who made neo-Scavenger, you're salvaging spaceships, or restoring them, or building up your own, by hand. Also, once the game goes on for a bit, you're sometimes having to clear self-replicating meat infestations, or at the very least figure out how to contain them in a way that lets you get the good stuff.

The big challenge of the earlier parts of the game is being in debt, constantly short on money, and lacking adequate ship and tools to do things efficiently.

So, I found an amazing derelict, a freighter (with a bunch of dead people on it, sure) that was fully oxygenated, fully battery powered, with an onboard fusion reactor (offline but not broken), too, plus a bunch of amenities, fully operational engines and fuel, and no holes in the hull that needed patching
So
I could 1) loot it, which kinda ruins the find, what with ripping poo poo out and all
2) save money for a million years to convince the company that technically owns it to sell it to me
3) take it without buying it, and have every space cop after my rear end

So of course I took option 4 :v:
I carefully deactivated all air pumps and heating, without disconnecting it.
I uninstalled the fusion reactor and dragged it over to my ship.
I carefully opened up the hull without permanently damaging it, preventing any continuous room from existing in the thing
Then I carefully cut wires in two places so that technically the engines aren't powered.
And once I contact the owning company, well, it's a piece of crap, right? We'll sell it to you for 300k - which is roughly what I can get for selling my own ship. And then I just paid for a ferry to ship me over to it, fixed the "problems" I caused (looked kinda funny hauling a fusion reactor out of the ferry), restarted and reoxigenated the ship, and voila, a ship that would probably cost >2mil and irl days of selling scavenge in the game's market, all to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Xaris posted:

Against The Storm is my answer

That's... that's not an RTS

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I am suddenly getting a huge number of Pinoy Red Alert 2 videos on my Youtube feed. I'm not sure why, but I think I'm going to blame gradenko for this somehow. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My playthrough of Wrath of the Righteous was extreme centrism themed. Pater Meus, Magus of Pharasma, went Aeon until this required me to actually stand up for what I believe in, then went Legend. Apparently, this let me unlock and pass the vast majority of the game's content, including unlocking the secret companion without even knowing about the extremely specific criteria for it. Everyone liked me, except for angel bro who saw straight through me in the end, and the demon lord of nihilism who was completely and utterly horrified by me being outright more of a cosmic horror than she was. (i did look up guides for the puzzles because jesus christ they're in the wrong game engine for that poo poo)

When I say extreme centrism theme, I mean that at no point did my alignment even touch the edge of the innermost center circle.

e: I was sort of liveblogging the playthrough on the goon dominions discord. Apparently people liked it.

e2: I guess the main villain also hated me, a lot, lol.

my dad has issued a correction as of 16:15 on Mar 24, 2024

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

DaysBefore posted:

Telling Iomedae to suck it ftw

My character married the queen, so he's kind of stuck with an Iomedan regardless. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Nix Panicus posted:

Wenduag is the best romance

All I've seen from her (non-romance) is that she's a sniveling quisling to the core, like more so than almost any game character I've ever seen. And apparently me lashing out at her out of sheer IRL disgust was the correct route to keep her loyal, lmao.

e: The only reason I had her join instead of the alternative is that it was literally unanimous on the discord as was commenting on my playthrough at. (it wasn't a vote, it's just that literally everyone went TAKE WENDUAG INSTEAD OF THE OTHER GUY)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

alarumklok posted:

played a game of millennia today, the paradox civ game. it's basically the conceptual design of humankind, but if someone who understood game mechanics worked on it instead of whatever the gently caress the endless devs did instead. highly recommend to civheads...in a couple of months after they patch some poo poo

I've mentioned it in another thread, but there's an ICS exploit with the Spice Merchants national spirit. You can bypass settler scaling cost.