Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
Grimey Drawer
Was already planning to get ff 16 but now I see it is hoot approved and I am hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Real Mean Queen posted:

Tried to play crusader kings again today, this time CKIII. Made it to the part where it said “this is the end of the tutorial” and I was all “oh thanks” and then I clicked around for a few minutes. I decided I needed coffee and maybe some toast to tackle this project, turned on some tv for background noise, read the forums for a bit, had some weed, closed crusader kings, and put some work in on satisfactory. This is probably about the sixth time I’ve done this.

sounds like adhd

have you tried taking random drugs before playing?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

can we just have a simple plot about how the worldstone's destruction released the true latent power of the humans and they are now taking the fight to heaven and hell

This seemed like where diablo 3 was going but then they forgot

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

yeah i find the ones on the switch smell real nice unironically

this guy just admitted to being an ant

get out of here ant!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at all the weirdos going "Yes! Finally! Beastiality is what we want!" and they all have furry or anime avatars. 🤔

oh everyones loves posting sickos.jpg until there's bear sex and suddenly everyone has limits again. Pathetic.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
please do not turn this thread into a single thread version of the videogames subforum... they hate all games, do not become a jaded gamer even in the face of bear sex

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

everyone sees themselves as a bioware protagonist self insert, so yes

I play all games as an elder god one level of reality above the poor fools whose bodies I am puppeteering

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

you were supposed to run away from this guy? like the one that hops down right? lol hes a chump

yeah many levels to this one

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Tankbuster posted:

you could simply ride on by and take the longer route to the godrick castle.

yeah i always go the long way on replays just to get more xp on the way

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

yeah that guy is almost certainly using some kind of basic ESP and trying to obfuscate it a bit by being super twitchy and spamming lean, which they probably rebound to a mouse button in an obnoxious pro esports move, but it’s hard to imagine a game more inconsequential or pathetic to cheat in than Battlebit, the casual Roblox shooter where teamplay and emergent moments are broadly prioritized over stats. I wish the unlock system was generally scaled down a bit so there was basically no incentive at all to behave like that but I still really appreciate the complete absence of intrusive monetization enough to think it’s ok

all competitive multiplayer games are full of cheats and freaks and no one should ever play them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

The horniness for the large Resident Evil vampire lady was always confusing to me and basically reminded me that there's a large variety of tastes and preferences in the world. IMO vampire lady was the only Village character who was actually creepy in a similar way to the family from the previous game. Large lady who eats blood all the time is just not sexy IMO, but it is a creepy concept. She might have big boobs/butt, but they're hosed up undead boobs/butt - gross! The other characters were "kind of funny looking fish man," "lady with kinda on-the-nose Spooky Dolls," "a guy who is just sorta annoying," and "a lady who is obviously evil." Only the large lady pulls off the contrast between "normal" and "gross/violent" that made the characters from the previous game spooky.

(I'm not pretending to not know the character names, I'm just on my phone so I can't easily look them up. I just remember vampire lady is Dim-something)

yeah i never got how so many people got past the pallid corpse look

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

speaking of world of darkness trash: anyone play that werewolf game that came out recently?

it's one of those games that might be ok but because no one has played it, it's very hard to get reviews

it's a shame because eco terrorist werewolves is very 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
times up sony, release bloodborne PC and bloodborne 2 for PS5

OR DIE

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
i mean the people that hadn't played some of those games but may have are probably not going to have had their experience improved but eh

i'd say only one of those spoilers is from a game worth caring about

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Rock Puncher posted:

lol that's why i dont own a playstation there's no games

they'll make bloodborne 2 or i'm going to kill everyone at sony HQ (ULTRA ACTIONABLE THREAT)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
undying was really good at the time

i expect it looks far too graphically dated to be spooky at all now, gameplay probably holds up though

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i am pretty sure my younger self was convinced this was the most realistic and badass shooter ever made. i do not remember a single thing except apparently it had realistic reload animations??

i think the second one did, the first was basically a cartoon

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

my mouse broke. somehow the laser snapped in half.

:stonk:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

MS should have bought epic instead of kotick to move all the epic launchers into game pass. i hope they do.

consolidate it all imo so I can play every game for free on $9.99 per month

this isn't whats going to happen

we're just gonna get a lot less games now everything is disappearing into walled gardens

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
lol ja3, i looted some german shallow ww 2 grave to get some rifles and the game gave me bad boy points

i didn't even dig the grave, someone else did. I don't think the dead soldiers will mind.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Cuttlefush posted:

should just hit morale on people who give a poo poo. barry is the most likely merc you have who will. but morale isn't too hard to get back up. just go murder some people

fair enough

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

i loving hated rain world

time for someone to get ascended fucko

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Koirhor posted:

meh gun souls wgaf

you should try posting in games, they love deep questions like this

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Ben Nerevarine posted:

aside from this stuff:

which is there, and mostly tolerable, but symptomatic of the writing overall. it undercuts itself at every opportunity, right down to item descriptions. these aren't even half-assed jokes, it's things like getting out of a firefight and having your character go "Heh heh... yeah... *gulps* *tugs collar*

the game luxuriates in lazy, sloppy, indulgent design. there are 5 or so tilesets and they are all gutter-trope generics. one is a fantasy forest. one is DOOM-y sci-fi. one is Bloodborne-y Victorian-era plaguetown. I can't blame artists for wanting to tackle the greats but it's all stitched together by some token lore about transporting crystals or whatever and the tilesets are all achingly generic. they're trying to have their cake and eat it too and not even bothering to do try to do something a little different, put their own spin on it at all. there's no inspiration here, it's more like a series of checkboxes

the maps are procedurally stitched together segments with Dark Souls-style checkmarking, but because of the procedurally generated nature of it, the checkpoints can be frustratingly distant from each other (or, more rarely, practically next to each other). enemies don't come in waves so much as spawn around, sometimes behind, something in you. the placement also doesn't seem to be static within segments, so there's not even a sense of clearing a room and securing an area for a well-deserved breather--if you're not moving, you're getting spawns right on top of you. the gear is a very, very slow drip, and isn't very interesting

the whole thing gives me this feeling of, if this game can't take itself seriously, why should I? and I don't mean a serious atmosphere, I mean the work they've done. if you're going to have Firefly's tone, don't give me DOOM's graphics, or The Last of Us's world. the whole thing is at odds with itself

graphically it runs and looks very good, I'll give it that, and the multiplayer component is smooth and relatively seamless, but those are about the only positive things I can say about it

if you hate games you should post in the games forum where they hate games

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

i realized a few days ago i play fps's with mouse accel on. mousecels

do some games disable mouse accel automatically? Because some fps's feel fine and others the movement can feel really hosed up.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

took a year off from Elden Ring, came back and realized I’d been beating myself stupid trying to press into the Haligtree zone before doing Mountaintops of the Giants or Farum Azula or the other Capitol, or Mogh, or most of the dragons.

also light roll rules, I don’t know why I was using medium roll for so long, I’m so fast!

the thing about Haligtree is if you can get to the midpoint bonfire where you're fighting the golden armored guys then that's a really good farming spot

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

I just got to the one grace beyond that point, gently caress that space. The gutter down at the bottom with five royal revenants and three blighted crystal people, then RIGHT after the grace behind the ballistae and the SECOND putrid avatar there are THREE MORE of them.

Anyway I left that for now. Just fed Mogh his poo poo for a second time using comet azure and the no MP for spells thing and burned his rear end down before he could count to zero, lmao.

Gotta finish Azula now I guess, keep chipping away at the Haligtree.

i think i was grossly overleveled when i went there and then got even more levels so i accidentally cheesed it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

Maliketh, dogged

spoiler!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
i'm a bad gamer that hates stress so i always used ash summons but they didn't help with Maliketh. He killed them before they did much of anything.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

lol this bed of chaos boss.... this is like something from roblox or something

it's the worst boss in the game and yeah like mentioned, the game has a weird point where you can tell things went wrong in development. Funny thing is it's still better than most games. That's fromsoft!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

i can't believe people like single player wow dailies

makes sense as arpg's are dopamine mines so by doing the daily its just more dopamine. The task is just the initial impulse to load the game. Once its running and you're killing screens of monsters and loot is exploding from every pixel then its self sustaining. And by all this i mean i really want PoE2

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That may be true but the intersection of board games and video games is pretty dog poo poo usually and I certainly didn't appreciate getting a board game instead of a video game when I played XCOM 2 considering how much I loved EW/EU

old

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Cool dog

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer
i find the game fun enough that i can just make new builds and try things by feel, no maths needed

pretty sure lots of people do this. I'll usually have a character that is based on a mapped out build because it can provide a good base and help me understand why things work, but everything else is just guessing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

starfield preorders have now surpassed lifetime elden ring sales

that's not really something embarrassing or particularly tragic. Like if it was some ubisoft piece of poo poo beating it yeah that sucks but its a sci fi rpg by the people that made that other really big rpg that even non-gamers play and like.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

im thinking of playing dark souls tonight now, and the only one im thinking of is 2

that's the best one

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

For whatever reason, Dark Souls 2 was the only Dark Souls I was able to get far into (not because of difficulty, but because I'd lose interest).

doesn't surprise me, it's the best one

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if u played the Baldur's Gate 3 EA you need to login right now and delete your savegames, apparently there is a major bug with the complete release

yes that means downloading the EA again if you uninstalled after playing even just a bit (check the Games thread for more info)

Lol gently caress

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Grimey Drawer

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

one step ahead of you bg3 devs, not even going to install it in the first place

More bears for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck