Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Antonymous posted:

no joke the game pays royalties to the oceangate company. because they trademarked the name cyclops for subs and sent a letter to the game I guess

your subnautica purchase helped to kill those billionaires

better reason than most to do another Subnautica play through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

cool av posted:

Steam has lost Run On Startup provileges after the last 2 times I booted my PC I was greeted by giant ads for Brotato.

Why doesn’t it just launch to the task bar like usual? Was it a bug? Either way u hosed up gaben ur done!!

wrap it up gabailures!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
windows 11 will break out of a locked jail cell, run 500 miles and find you and kill your family then start itself up and install updates

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the new title actually reduced the amount of posts per day, amazing

run. hide.

fight.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

uber_stoat posted:

i haven't been paying attention to BG3 but now that i know it's got dicks out and tender lovemaking with grizzly bears my interest is piqued. does Minsc still have a hamster?

e: no i was wrong

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I hate this poo poo.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lpzie posted:

I'm making a battlebits frag video but all the kills happen while im prone in the grass planting claymores. any thoughts of how to spice that up? my family is dying.

stop planting claymores

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Xaris posted:

gamers sound pretty Morally Inept

sorry we've been trained to expect a good option and an evil option only

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RandolphCarter posted:

might have spoke too soon about bloodlines, even with the patch it’s crashed three times in an hour

so you're getting the original experience then

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ytlaya posted:

China is making a lot of video games...but at what cost?

not too high so I bought them

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Epic High Five posted:

That's too many pixels, 1080p is more than good enough, this is sinful decadence

oh poo poo i'm going to hell

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

my bony fealty posted:

Displays have become huge and cheap and high-res much faster compared to the hardware to actually use them, ahoutout to everyone with a 4k-capable monitor who runs 1080p

i need way more p than that

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

turn off your monitor

and clean it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Hatebag posted:

No but there's 0% chance kojima was doing acab stuff in 1994 lol. He just wanted to make a game where you can grope every woman for the same reason there's lingering shots of meryl's butt and quiet can't wear clothes because of a medical condition

look she's allergic to clothes ok!!!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
no i love msg, 5 seems like too much though

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Ark pioneered the 350GB install years ago.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

StratGoatCom posted:

Is gamepass still using that bullshit install system? Last time I tried it, it took 3rd party tools to get that fucker off my desktop when most of it just up and quit working and wouldn't uninstall. half a terabyte of poo poo to scrape off my machine.

Mostly intellectual, I'm sticking to humble because while the selection is worse, I can turn it off and have most of the poo poo I like on my steam.

No, most games now install to a normal location you can choose on your HD, some older games still install the old way though.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

This is pretty loving lame.

Doesn't inspire confidence in their technical ability. I've never had to do this for any EA game before and I play a lot of EA games. Versioning poo poo and handling old/invalid versions is not hard.

e: To be clear I don't care about losing old saves, just that their game doesn't handle this like every other game where I've run into this and just flag them as invalid and not let you load them.

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Aug 2, 2023

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lostconfused posted:

There was romance since Baldur’s Gate and Larian games are always horny.

I've been assured that adding genitals to the game was absolutely NOT horny.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
these god drat spiders

loving spiders

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Valve predicted everything in gaming (digital distribution, steam marketplace nfts, lootboxes, paying for mods, video game tie ins)

Digital distribution and digital collectables were things long before Steam and NFTs. So were the basic concept of loot boxes and video game tie ins.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0spM2aj0o

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

i am harry posted:

BG3 Eula agreement thing has some slightly entertaining wordage in it in case you didn’t notice

sicko

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Popy posted:

also i think the act 2 boss is voiced by J. K. Simmons?!

why are you asking me? how am I supposed to know what you think?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RandolphCarter posted:

it’s very cruel of larian to make shoving/throwing fools off cliffs easy but not magic the loot to the cliff edge

"better not push that guy off, look at his armor!"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's such a gigantic deception for BG3 to let you do all this cool poo poo that D&D would never actually let you do unless the DM is willing to throw large parts of the 150 dollar books out the window

this game let me pick up a barrel and put it in my inventory and then told me I was encumbered

10/10 would pick up barrels again

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

El Pollo Blanco posted:

All the bg3 party dialogue sounds like it was recorded in a toilet with a $15 mic

maybe you're listening to it in a toilet with a $15 headset?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
this ain't your grandpa's 5e!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lib and let die posted:

The cropping makes it look like a sign with the word "slur" on it

please don't post slur in here

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they should take some of the abilities off wizards and put them on the other classes id say

just bizarre to me that you have characters that have a grab bag of completely random incoherent poo poo to draw from that ranges from "talk to runic bricks" to "ten turns of irresistible CC because a magical fish is slithering up their uethra" while other classes get "would you like to roll 1d20 or 1d19+1 to attack" on levelup

i understand it is a d&d Thing but its probably part of the reason people make fun of d&d all the time

e: also vanican magic is dumb. stop encouraging naps.

naps are god

get outta here!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lostconfused posted:

What did she do now?

everybody

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lostconfused posted:

2/10, better luck next time.

I'd say I tried but obviously I didn't.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Jon Irenicus posted:

Laz'eal is a theocratic fascist OP but I'm trying to fix her

I fixed her when I met her and she demanded I kill those tieflings or die. There was a third option.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lib and let die posted:

Raistlin was objectively a piece of poo poo

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

punished milkman posted:

are people enjoying bg3 and is it good? i cannot parse the vibes in this thread there is a lot of grognard whinging going on

it is very good but also too horny

killed that bugbear and ogre for violating the no horny rule

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the way religion works in dnd seems to be in service of enabling 1. people acting in insane ways, 2. setting contrivances, 3. violent sports team rivalries without the sports, and 4. racism

in dnd you say?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
everybody having a great time playing the racism simuator

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ytlaya posted:

IMO it is very rude to call the children of something "_____spawn"

edit: Gonna refer to my friend's kid as "Kyle-spawn" once they're born

The issue I have is that I'm always hyper-cautious in games like this where you can die in a couple hits, and end up just tediously drawing enemies around corners (or into some sort of "kill zone"), at least for fights with larger numbers of enemies (smaller numbers aren't as big of a deal because it's easier to directly manage them).

Same applies to something like Fire Emblem; I'll just take my tanky units and place them barely in range of the enemies while everyone else stays out of range, and wait for the enemies to come to me. Doesn't feel rewarding playing like that, though.

just change into a fat rear end bear and jump right in the middle of them

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
wait you're talking about combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider