Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PantsandCola posted:

I like Sifu.

im tempted to give it a shot. try to regain my God Hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i keep hoping sekiro will go on more of a sale but it doesn't seem like it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

lol they keep it at full msrp and it’s only on steam. i was looking at it too before the sale

i got the urge to try to become the God Hand in a game again and it's that or sifu

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The story wasn't amazing, but for a solo dev effort I thought the game itself was fun, and the dud crystal system apparently got redone and vastly improved. I dunno, it's worth getting on sale i m o

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Gumball Gumption posted:

Decent but less than the sum of its parts. I do think it's a very good showing for solo dev.

It does kind of just cram Xenogears, final fantasy, Chrono trigger, and a bunch of other RPGs from that era and end up with a game that's not as good as others. The story starts out strong, gets worse as it goes.

I think it's worth 20 dollars

i will say that the battle system is fun enough that it carries the game all the way through. there's enough challenge there and enough stuff to mess around with that i hardly got bored except for the ~20 minutes i spent postgame to grab the last couple achievements.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Yet here we stand, still posting, 1000 more years of Something Awful

as it turns out stagnant 2001 forums functionality ended up being better than social media and reddit innovation

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as long as bg3 has a better intro area than divinity:os 2 it'll be good enough

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

ja3s already up on tl, excited to play after work

hope it's good...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Citan might be an rear end in a top hat but he's an rear end in a top hat with a badass sword

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sebmojo posted:

Ja3 is great btw, excellent music too: the track that starts playing after you have been in the first village is just gorgeous

glad to hear it's good, we all deserve good Jagged Alliance games.

gonna listen to the ost now

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
anything under 100gb install is fine these days

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
canada is fine

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
never heard of the game it can't be as bad a-- jesus christ

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
trying to decide what class to play in bg3 first. playing a monk is pretty appealing for punch tactics, but maybe do something i normally don't play like a paladin or a bard instead

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gamer dads stay winning

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
that's anti-pentiment

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the sniper level in jk3 was such a kick in the balls. hey good job you got your lightsaber back now here's a level where it's completely useless as you get perforated from 5 miles away by a rodian

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

what are you talking about? theres a Justified game??

that would own

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Man a Yakuza style game where you play Boyd Crowder would loving rule

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Quarles final showdown has incredible slapstick potential even beyond what the show itself included

"They're saying I disarmed him" still gets a laugh out of me.

Honestly Season 4 would be perfect for a game since it's a self-contained mystery

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

the only good d&d games were the dark sun ones sorry

krynn trilogy was pretty bad rear end

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

bitmap posted:

sneaky greatsword monk lets go

how does that work, i was going to play a punch monk but im confused about what you can and can't use as a monk weapon

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Oh awesome. Not sure what race to pick but seems like there's a bunch of good choices.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Al! posted:

i want them to make a good spelljammer game

yeah. i played the poo poo out of the DOS one but man it was bad

also played Realms of Arkania which is a system so german it makes pathfinder seem like it's for babies

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Aug 3, 2023

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nonsense posted:

this defeats the spirit of gaming, which is to pay for a bad game and be forced to keep it and play it over and over

this is 100% true. everyone enjoyed gaming more when you only got a game every birthday or christmas and had really no say in what you got. whatever it was, you learned to enjoy the hell out of it even if it was absolute trash.

my cousin really wanted ff3 (vi) so that christmas my grandma went out and picked up ff3 for the gameboy for him. had to learn to love it, even though he didn't have a gameboy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

I think they intended to have this horrific introduction scene to gnolls where they popped out of hyenas chestburster style but I used the ranger option to snap the first one's neck then slaughtered the rest in the first round so I haven't actually encountered a living gnoll yet

I did kill a group of paladins and burn down their house tho

those gnoll archers suck rear end. three attacks per round god drat it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

the gnolls in bg1 saying "die scum" is forever burned into my brain I've played that game so many times

"so i kicked him in the head until he was dead HAW HAW HAW" is in mine. also "why do i live in such a pissant town"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

IMO it is very rude to call the children of something "_____spawn"

irenicus was always so polite

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
just got to the underdark, haven't fought a battle and already feeling some dread about getting my rear end kicked

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Al! posted:

i got murdered the second i stepped foot in the underdark so we must have found different enterances

i went through the temple which has been relatively chill, only some minotaurs a little ways down

i like how every random encounter down here has some magic item. finally my monk has got some new clothes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

smarxist posted:

i went into a duergar fort with one goal, and spent no joke 3 hours crawling through the whole thing teasing out different ways to do it, it almost felt like a hitman level. and there was still poo poo unraveling like 2 hours into the crawl. like i found a way to stir up a mutiny that completely changes the dynamic of the boss encounter, but it still quite wasn't the solution i wanted (all these fucks had to die more or less)

but yeah, game is phenomenal

that last fight is hilarious because the AI is dead set on knocking everyone into magma. it's a good strategy but it's such a dick move.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

smarxist posted:

yeah its a motherfucker

also i was picking off all the duergar before freeing nere to kill him too, and i got the big room fight started and it went great because i started it by blowing 2 of them to bits with 2 smokepowder barrels and gusting 2 others into the lava, but halfway through the fight this one little shithead shoved astarion into the lava, then chucked a loving smokepowder bomb at the debris and cleared nere out, i'm like "YOU FUCKER"

lmao that's great. what a smart rear end in a top hat dwarf

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i haven't upgraded my pc in 10 years so the nme stuff was new to me although i still got a 250gb ssd for windows when i built this machine.

now im thinking it's time to upgrade, was going to wait until black friday though to pick up some stuff.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

skooma512 posted:

I thought my Sandy Bridge could still hack it but then CODMW 2019 came along and I CTDed all the time. :rip: I replaced it with a Ryzen 3600 and the CTDs went away.

Black friday deals will hopefully be good. AMD is the meta now. I upgraded to a 5600 last year for 120 bucks and it was just a drop in part since I had the motherboard already. I finally got a 3060 and it was under 300 bucks. Flash storage is cheap. RAM is better than it used to be price wise.

This is probably a good time to upgrade. Quick, do it before cryptocurrency has another surge or they figure how to monetize AI on random consumer cards.

I've always had nvidia cards just because they tended to be more stable than AMD but that was a long time ago. my 970 is a god tier graphics card, never had one last 10 years and run things well that long, but now stuff like baldur's gate 3 is crushing it. willing to give AMD a shot though because nvidia is a devil company.
right AMDs are processors, and AMD Radeon is GPUs, i got confused

I need a new mobo, a processor, RAM along with the GPU. I figure my case and PSU and old harddrives should still work.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 03:28 on Sep 8, 2023

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Bethesda games have never interested me post-morrowind, especially after playing oblivion for 5 minutes, but im glad people are enjoying starfield

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

lol somebody stuff morrowind through the nvidia ray tracing ai thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OgXkioOBBo

gently caress yeah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oh hey if you open a twitch stream for 30 mins you can get an ENDLESS Dungeon beta key. the original game was an underrated coop game, hope this one is good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
daggerfall was better because sometimes the trap is the dungeon itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ENDLESS dungeon is pretty good, the same basic elements of the first game but with combat that's engaging instead of just moving guys from room to room and watching them fight.