Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i thought everyone was issued a copy of L4D2 upon birth at this point, alongside a coupon for a Gillette Mach3 and the tablature for Smoke on the Water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i should have died so that it could upgrade and go to someone else

man and i thought i had a finger on how samsara worked

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

finding out the famas ironsights irl are complete dogshit shocked me. They're like joke sights

total nonsense sights, absolutely, like trying to not gently caress up an obtuse eye exam so your prescription isnt weird except youre being shot at the whole time

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

prime day has a $300 6700 XT which is the best budget-friendly gpu deal we've seen in a grip, absolutely jump on this poo poo if youre in need of an upgrade

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Tempting. But I'm broke

its valid for the 0% prime payment plan if you can swing it, $90 upfront and $60/mo for 4 months

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Sales tax is paid upfront (WA :smith:) so it'll probably be a less-than-$90 first payment for most of you too, if you go that route

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

People that cheat in multiplayer games should have their hands cut off

the hands should have the cheater removed; the hands are blameless in this, hostages if anything

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Risutora posted:

what a nice thing to trip over and impale yourself on in the night

the kind of objet d'art that screams "the camera is steadily panning across this during the establishing shot because the movie's antagonist is going to get stuck through it during the final confrontation"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

ex post facho posted:

wait. wait. wait. wait. wait. wait. is Exoprimal motherfucking PvPvE Vanquish? :stwoon:

it looks more like PvPvE Earth Defense Force + Warframe

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

look at this bomb poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WOowJ-Od8g

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i mean in terms of the high flying high speed mobility being more Warframe-y and the city overrun with thousands of targets on screen being more EDF-y but i get what youre meaning, we're pretty much making the same comparisons only im making them while standing on a skateboard and wearing a backwards hat

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

SoF2 is a big step back in gameplay from SoF1 but it's still an interesting relic from when you could basically adapt unused Cannon Film treatments to FPSes, it's worth experiencing if you're into that era but it's also pretty shallow and dry so if you stop feeling it you won't miss anything by bailing before you finish

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Frog Act posted:

your post makes me wanna try SOF1 as well, which I never actually did play

SoF1 is an absolute cartoon, and for the better. CV11 just did a good video recapping his first playthrough and while im not entirely as gently caress-hot about the game as he is i still agree that it works great as a fun, campy, self-indulgent power fantasy bloodbath - at one point he compares it to Deathwish 3 and id say that's just about dead on.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i am pretty sure my younger self was convinced this was the most realistic and badass shooter ever made. i do not remember a single thing except apparently it had realistic reload animations??

when i was young i was convinced Tango & Cash was a gritty film for mature adults so thats about par

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter bought super cheap on prime day update: this card rips dick across the room and bah da bah bah baaahh im lovin it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Doombat not for nothing but you taught me how to appreciate shooters after the longest time and I'm glad you're having a good experience with a powerful GPU

Awww thanks :shobon:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

I have thanks bound to f in tf2 explicitly so I can let my teammates know I appreciate them

every game needs a Howdy button

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Gunslinger is fantastic, it's really the kind of game that demands multiple replays and a healthy amount of time in the challenge mode - i briefly held global first place for clearing out the lumber mill :goleft:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

every time the world starts ripping itself apart and reassembling itself to account for the inconsistent storytelling of a drunk old man, i am there for it

edit: if you (royal) never played Gunslinger it's an fps with an unreliable narrator, which is something you don't see nearly enough

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

does the heavy metal game gently caress

i cant make out the header but if its FAKK2 it does indeed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Al! posted:

what the gently caress is eliminations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

three times a week my brain goes "good god, they look so goddamn like the same person - i would say to them 'you want ice cream cone', both of them say yes - how in the hell!!"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

uuuuuuuuuggghhhhhhh :pastryno:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

another night missing nineties videogame box art

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

the Nightdive Q2 remaster is really, really nice

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

im only just now getting around to playing through Witcher 3 and if the few dozen hours so far have taught me anything its: if you know two young people who are passionately in love but have obvious trouble on the horizon that will prevent them from reconciling that love then get your fuckin affairs in order and skedaddle because your town is like three days from a curse or haunting or other aberration thats gonna ruin your whole scene for ten generations

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

God drat the 7800xt is $500, that's a pretty good deal.

what's weird is the 7700 XT is cut down in memory / controller chiplets like you'd expect (12gb vs 16, 192-bit vs 256, 3 chiplets vs 4, etc etc) but barely cut down core-wise (54 to 60) - its sounds like it might be a 7900 XTX vs XT vs GRE situation where the core count reduction won't be as impactful as the MCD reduction, but we wont know until the rubber meets the road

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

yeah DE is up to their poo poo once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6NyR1Gfvr8

they also released a half hour preview for Soulframe - the video starts kinda slow and its clearly still very in-dev, but whats there looks really promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPPNbJ3UKc

also also Warframe cross-save by the end of the year and Warframe for apple phones / pads next year

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it kinda kills me the human frame has the exact same animations as the android, I guess that's the point

the bullet jump got an abrupt chuckle out of me; theres nothing insensible about the leaping head-first spinning dive in Warframe until theres a human face attached to it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Al! posted:

looks like starfield just got early access starting Thursday. the catch is you have to buy the 100 dollar edition to do so. im probably going to talk myself into doing it, like an idiot

it looks like my AMD Rewards copy of Starfield Premium Edition (the $100 version you could also get free for buying an AMD component for a few weeks) also got its release updated from 9/6 to 9/1, according to my AMD account thingie

normally i only get big ticket triple-a titles years late when theyre fifteen bucks or free with Epic / Prime / etc, so even though i havent been super interested in Starfield thisll still be kind of a treat :shobon:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

preloading is ready on Steam, cant wait to have a thoroughly C+ time with it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

my preload said like 120gb but the download is ~86gb, if bandwidth is more of a concern than storage the compression is p okay

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

im gonna do it, im gonna expect to uncover every little detail, you can just try and stop me daphne!!!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

with all the chatter here - did anyone anywhere have actual-expectations for Starfield? i remember all the folk that thought Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Citizen and whatever were going to be total life replacement fantasies, but Starfield never seemed to have had the same amount of followers drunk on lofty promises, just a lot of people hoping for "the same gamebryo poo poo weve come to tolerate for two decades, except in space and prettier"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Koirhor posted:

the writing and voice acting are very subpar, maybe little old Baldur’s Gate 3 ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

my last two open world games have been RDR2 and Witcher 3 so going back to gamebryo style "npc barrels the camera while one of three voice actors recites words in the order written" is gonna be kinda jarring gotta admit

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

good dog

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Outer Worlds could look nice at times and had an identifiable aesthetic

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i am really glad i did not pay one hundred dollars for the Platinum Ultra Deluxe Whatever because this is one of the least gripping games ive ever engaged with - like im sure ill catch the loot chase bug or get invested in some mechanic or aspect of it eventually but this isnt even flavorless paste, Far Cry is flavorless paste and ill eat that poo poo til im sick

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

So you paid $35?

i paid $0, i got it as a bonus for buying a videocard on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

theres a lot of people that just want to make themselves in character creators and feel left out when they cant because theyre not represented :shrug:

also remember this is a super pro capital future so of course curable diseases still exist if someone was unfortunate enough to be born space-poor