Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Ninja Turtle?
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
View Results

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Great! With that, we now have all 20 spots filled, and everyone is back! :dance: Thanks to all of you, you make this league as fun as it is. :)

For the votes, let’s say that all votes need to be in by tonight (August 3rd), and I’ll finalize the count tomorrow morning.

Draft order will be coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

1. Remove the TE slot and replace it with a flex position (no)
2. Trades will need (instant/no veto votes) to process.
3. Remove the punter position (no)
4. Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring (no)
5. Remove DST and add one IDP position in its place. (no)
6. If a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. (yes)
7. If #4 passes, eliminate negative points in the D/ST position (but keep all other standard scoring). (yes)
8. Remove DST, add nothing to replace it (yes)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, the votes are locked. Here are the official final results. Never let anyone tell you that one vote doesn’t matter. We had two proposals that were ultimately decided by one vote.

PROPOSALS FOR SEASON 15 (simple majority wins)
1. Remove the TE slot and replace it with a flex position (yes/no) - 4 votes yes, 15 votes no, proposal fails
2. Trades will need (2 days/8 veto votes, 1 day/8 veto votes, instant/no veto votes) to process. - 0 votes two days, 5 votes one day, 14 votes instant, INSTANT/NO VETO TRADES PASSED
3. Remove the punter position (yes/no) - 9 votes yes, 10 votes no, proposal fails
4. Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring (example here) (yes/no) - 9 votes yes, 10 votes no, proposal fails
5. Remove DST and add one IDP position in its place. (yes/no) - 2 votes yes, 17 votes no, proposal fails
6. If a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. (yes/no) - 14 votes yes. 5 votes no, PROPOSAL PASSES
7. If #4 passes, eliminate negative points in the D/ST position (but keep all other standard scoring). (yes/no) - 12 votes yes, 7 votes no, proposal passes, but #4 did not pass, so no changes
8. Remove DST, add nothing to replace it (yes/no) - 4 votes yes, 15 votes no, proposal fails

I’ll update ESPN with the instant trades soon, and now we have a rule in place for any unexpectedly cancelled games.

Thanks to everyone for voting. Any proposals for next season can start now. Just be sure to bold it or draw attention to it so I don’t miss it, but the proposal time will last until next year’s thread. I’ll put any new ones in the OP.

Draft order probably drops this weekend.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 4, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ll update ESPN with the instant trades soon, and now we have a rule in place for any unexpectedly cancelled games.

Thanks to everyone for voting. Any proposals for next season can start now. Just be sure to bold it or draw attention to it so I don’t miss it, but the proposal time will last until next year’s thread. I’ll put any new ones in the OP.

Draft order probably drops this weekend.

great, fun votes. for draft order may I suggest making it a viewable event with this site?

https://www.fantasynerds.com/random-draft-order

we can live post in thread as order is revealed. transparency, randomness, and easy. supports 20 teams

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s possible if we can find an alternate time that still works for everyone. Usually keep this one on Sunday nights for consistency, but it’s not set in stone.

I would prefer moving it if possible because I'd rather not duck away from an event on the 27th, but understood either way. The 26th is worse for me though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

great, fun votes. for draft order may I suggest making it a viewable event with this site?

https://www.fantasynerds.com/random-draft-order

we can live post in thread as order is revealed. transparency, randomness, and easy. supports 20 teams

That’s actually a really cool site that I hadn’t heard about, thank you! If I didn’t have another idea, I’d definitely use it. And hell, no need to play coy, here’s what I’m doing:

I asked everyone for their favorite wrestler. So, I took everyone’s choices and made the first ever 20 Team Draft Rumble. I set it up in Fire Pro Wrestling, and randomized the entrance order. Just to be clear, I randomized it as much as I could, and I did not alter any settings or anything to give any advantages. I just started the recording program, hit start, and let it play out.

I had asked Braksgirl to help me out, and last night we recorded an announcing track for it. Apparently our kids wondered what the hell we were yelling about. :)

So, I had planned to mix the two together and post it in this thread for all to watch. But, if there’s an interest, I’d be happy to set up Discord or something else, and I can play the video in there. I don’t have to mix the audio we made if more people want to join and reveal it “live”. Maybe around Sunday night or so?

Y’all let me know, I’m happy to go either way.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

I would prefer moving it if possible because I'd rather not duck away from an event on the 27th, but understood either way. The 26th is worse for me though

What about Monday August 28th? I don’t have any drafts on that day. Same time, 8PM Eastern. Does that cause problems with anyone else?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
If there are people who cannot make our usual last Sunday of August, I am ok with moving it. I like the usual consistency since I have 2 leagues with fixed draft dates (including this one) which makes it easier to plan for the 2 leagues that do not have fixed draft dates. Would the target still be a weekend day?

Edit: If you spent all this effort for a wrestling thing, I say go ahead with that this year, can use that fancy randomizer for another year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

What about Monday August 28th? I don’t have any drafts on that day. Same time, 8PM Eastern. Does that cause problems with anyone else?

Monday doesn't work for me since I have my D&D game that night. I'm currently paying a slime barbarian. :sss:

Not sure how much we were thinking of moving the date but August 20th is also a no-go for me since Goon Beer League's draft is that night.

Also love the draft order format. Unless I go in the middle of the pack and then I hate it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I can do any night other than Thursdays because that is board game design night.

Silly Burrito posted:

I asked everyone for their favorite wrestler.
You did?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gotta read that OP. :)

Is there anyone at all who absolutely cannot make Sunday the 27th at 8 pm eastern?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there anyone at all who absolutely cannot make Sunday the 27th at 8 pm eastern?
Well poo poo, I was busy when I first read it and only looked at the rule change questions, derp.
I do not following wrestling at all so pick someone at random for me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Well poo poo, I was busy when I first read it and only looked at the rule change questions, derp.
I do not following wrestling at all so pick someone at random for me.

No problem, because…

Silly Burrito posted:

Just a heads up, if you don't add a favorite wrestler, it's commish's choice. ;)

I already did. :)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

No problem, because…

I already did. :)
lmao okay good
....Jesus the toddler-induced mushbrain is bad the past couple of weeks months.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Unfortunately, jabro has had to bow out of the league. He will be missed but is always welcome back. :)

Since we don’t have a current waitlist, does anyone know someone who might be interested?
If not, I’ll shoot out a request in the main fantasy football thread. As for the draft order, it will still go on as planned with the new member getting jabro’s spot.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm not gonna be available the 25-27th :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Posted in the fantasy thread for the open spot. First come first served.

If we held the draft reveal Sunday night at 9PM Eastern/8 Central, would anyone be interested in watching/commenting via Discord? The match itself is roughly 20-25 minutes long. If I can figure out how to record the Discord audio and play the video, I’ll post it in this thread too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thom and the Heads posted:

I'm not gonna be available the 25-27th :(

I know this is Labor Day weekend, but what does Sunday September 3rd look like (same time around 8 Eastern) for everyone?

I really want to get everyone in or as many people that can make it as possible. It’s way more fun with no bots.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

If we held the draft reveal Sunday night at 9PM Eastern/8 Central, would anyone be interested in watching/commenting via Discord? The match itself is roughly 20-25 minutes long. If I can figure out how to record the Discord audio and play the video, I’ll post it in this thread too.

If I have Discord sitting around and it works I would try to watch live and cheer on my wrestler. I don't really have a strong preference for draft spot yet so I am not sure what I would be cheering for, outside of my guy winning to win.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

My toddler is usually/should be in bed by then so I'm happy to be A Witness. PM'd you my discord details.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

If I have Discord sitting around and it works I would try to watch live and cheer on my wrestler. I don't really have a strong preference for draft spot yet so I am not sure what I would be cheering for, outside of my guy winning to win.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My toddler is usually/should be in bed by then so I'm happy to be A Witness. PM'd you my discord details.

Cool, not sure if the link in the second post will still work or not, but for anyone who wants to watch the 20 Team Draft Rumble, it should be available at https://discord.gg/3mWKKFmzw

Gonna plan to start around 9 PM Eastern / 8 PM Central on Sunday August 6th and go from there. Now to figure out if I can record Discord with OBS or not or if there's a better way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oh hell yeah, I'm flying back to Chicago on Sunday but I should be there in time for the rumble

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I know this is Labor Day weekend, but what does Sunday September 3rd look like (same time around 8 Eastern) for everyone?

I really want to get everyone in or as many people that can make it as possible. It’s way more fun with no bots.

That'd be fine for me.

Might not make it for the Sunday night draft reveal thing. Wife and I are juggling some plans between tonight and tomorrow night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

That'd be fine for me.

Might not make it for the Sunday night draft reveal thing. Wife and I are juggling some plans between tonight and tomorrow night.

No worries, whoever can make it, you’re more than welcome.

How does Sunday September 3rd look for everyone else?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Silly Burrito posted:

Works for me!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I think it works for me.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Silly Burrito posted:

I think that’ll be ok, the later the better though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just tested, and the Draft Rumble should be ready to go. For those who can't make it, I should upload it in the next day or so. For anyone else (and anyone else watching the thread), just log in to Discord, join the 20 Team channel (https://discord.gg/3mWKKFmzw), and join us in the Voice Chat in two hours (9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central).

Hope to see you there!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm gonna wait for the Netflix anime adaptation where EconDad and I are high school rivals.

Seriously though, wife and I had to push our date night to tonight and we've been trying to make time for each other lately so I'm prioritizing her. :roboluv:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm gonna wait for the Netflix anime adaptation where EconDad and I are high school rivals.

Seriously though, wife and I had to push our date night to tonight and we've been trying to make time for each other lately so I'm prioritizing her. :roboluv:

A wise move indeed.

will the thrill
Aug 18, 2003

When I hit the club, Ima be wit David Banner, a thug ass nigga wit bad table mannaz
My fantasy league disbanded this year (a little part of me died inside). Wouldn't mind joining you guys if a spot opens up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

will the thrill posted:

My fantasy league disbanded this year (a little part of me died inside). Wouldn't mind joining you guys if a spot opens up.

Absolutely, you’re in! Send me your email and I’ll sign you up.

will the thrill
Aug 18, 2003

When I hit the club, Ima be wit David Banner, a thug ass nigga wit bad table mannaz

Silly Burrito posted:

Absolutely, you’re in! Send me your email and I’ll sign you up.

Sweet!!!

Edit: joined

will the thrill fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 7, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

will the thrill posted:

Sweet!!! email is [email="redacted"][/email]

Done, you should have an invitation being sent now. I'll follow up with an email from me if you want to erase your email now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NUMBER 13 OH NO!! YOU!! DO NOT COMPREHEND!! THE PAIN I WILL INFLICT ON YOU! LITTLE MAN! OOH YEAH!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Oh, I forgot to watch.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The 2023 20 Team Draft Rumble is being uploaded and will be in my next post, but since it seems like it's probably the least objectionable (and no one has said that they were unable to make it), we're going to move the draft to :siren: Sun, September 3, 2023, 8PM Eastern Time / 7PM Central Time :siren:

It should only take 60 minutes, I think last year we tested with having all draft picks take 60 seconds, and the draft flew by.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, the draft order Discord worked out pretty well, and we had a good time. Buuuuuuut somehow I didn't actually record MY sound, and I was handling play-by-play. So that's a derp on me, sorry.

But, as the wise band Poison sang, every rose has its thorn. Instead of the live event audio, you get the play by play that a heel Braksgirl and I made originally. I hope you enjoy, and if we do this again next year, I'll try to remember to record my own audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-azEAk7D0E

For those who don't want to watch it, here's the draft order (spoilered for those who want to watch the video).

Drafting 1: Power of Pecota
Drafting 2: will the thrill
Drafting 3: commish
Drafting 4: Thom and the Heads
Drafting 5: AAAAA! Real Muenster
Drafting 6: Worthleast
Drafting 7: Quiet Feet
Drafting 8: tuckfard
Drafting 9 : ShakeZula
Drafting 10: Lock
Drafting 11: pmchem
Drafting 12: Silly Burrito
Drafting 13: EconDad
Drafting 14: Diqnol
Drafting 15: Ninja Bob
Drafting 16: Eltoasto
Drafting 17: darkwolf220
Drafting 18: Pain of Mind
Drafting 19: chrix
Drafting 20: Braksgirl

Congratulations to Power of Pecota for winning the #1 draft pick!!!

Since the action was fast and furious, you may have missed who eliminated who. If so and you're curious....

Drafting 20: Braksgirl (Jade Cargill) eliminated by PM Chem (Roddy Piper) at 9:52
Drafting 19: Chrix (Booker T) eliminated by Pain of Mind (Road Warrior Hawk) at 11:49
Drafting 18: Pain of Mind (Road Warrior Hawk) eliminated by Eltoasto (Seth Rollins) at 13:04
Drafting 17: Darkwolf220 (Jake “The Snake” Roberts) eliminated by PM Chem (Roddy Piper) at 16:31
Drafting 16: Eltoasto (Seth Rollins) eliminated by Ninja Bob (Bianca Belair) at 18:50
Drafting 15: Ninja Bob (Bianca Belair) eliminated by Lock (Jumping Bomb Angel Itsuki Yamazaki) at 20:25
Drafting 14: Diqnol (nWo Macho Man) eliminated by PM Chem (Roddy Piper at 24:31
Drafting 13: EconDad (“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase) eliminated by Silly Burrito (Mankind) at 25:02
Drafting 12: Silly Burrito (Mankind) eliminated by Tuckfard (Edge) at 25:39
Drafting 11: PM Chem (Roddy Piper) eliminated by Lock (Jumping Bomb Angel Itsuki Yamazaki) at 26:58
Drafting 10: Lock (Jumping Bomb Angel Itsuki Yamazaki) eliminated by Worthleast (Mean Gene Okerlund) at 28:50
Drafting 9 : Shakezula (Bray Wyatt) eliminated by AAAAA! Real Muenster (Bryan Danielson) at 30:25
Drafting 8: Tuckfard (Edge) eliminated by Thom and the Heads (nWo Hulk Hogan) at 36:27
Drafting 7: Quiet Feet (Macho King Randy Savage) eliminated by Thom and the Heads (nWo Hulk Hogan) at 38:19
Drafting 6: Worthleast (Mean Gene Okerlund) eliminated by Commish (Stone Cold Steve Austin) at 39:42
Drafting 5: AAAAA! Real Muenster (Bryan Danielson) eliminated by Will the Thrill (Macho Man Randy Savage) at 40:13
Drafting 4: Thom and the Heads (nWo Hulk Hogan) eliminated by Commish (Stone Cold Steve Austin) at 43:04
Drafting 3: Commish (Stone Cold Steve Austin) eliminated by Will the Thrill (Macho Man Randy Savage) at 43:15
Drafting 2: Will the Thrill (Macho Man Randy Savage) eliminated by Power of Pecota (Mr. Perfect) at 46:31
NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICK IS POWER OF PECOTA (Mr. Perfect)!!!!!

I'll update the draft order tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend, and I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 7, 2023

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

0-14 in championships
1-0 in royal rumbles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

0-14 in championships
1-0 in royal rumbles

Congrats (at least on the second part)! I have to say though, my favorite was Mean Gene just running around and nut punching everyone. drat near worked too! Also gave you your Rumble badge in the second post :)

Edit: Draft order has been updated. You are now free to make any draft spot trades that you'd like.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 7, 2023