Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Ninja Turtle?
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Returning Team: Washington Washingtons

1. Remove the TE slot and replace it with a flex position (YES)
2. Trades will need (instant/no veto votes) to process.
3. Remove the punter position (no)
4. Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring (no)
5. Remove DST and add one IDP position in its place. (no)
6. If a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. (yes)
7. If #4 passes, eliminate negative points in the D/ST position (but keep all other standard scoring). (yes)
8. Remove DST, add nothing to replace it (no)

For the draft:
Name your favorite WWE/AEW/WCW/WWF wrestler (or just any wrestler from there you know if you're not a fan): Macho KING Randy savage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Random thoughts while I have a moment.

TE sucks and for 85% of the league the position is just "start some teams 4th-5th best receiver." You may as well at that point just replace it with a flex, which at least gives people some options.

Trades should not have vetoes. It would be especially bad to have a waiting period in a league this big where you can't be sure everyone is paying attention.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about punters but am voting this way to keep the tally close.

D/ST is an afterthought in most leagues and I'm glad it gets some attention here. Given how few good starters are available at every position, I like having an extra position actually count. 20-team is complicated enough without adding IDP and having to know all the names that are out there for it. Fine with getting rid of negative points. Those have never been fun.

Fine with just leaving fantasy scores as-is if a game is suddenly cancelled. It isn't likely to happen too often but saves a lot of headache if it does.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Hey! You can’t have my wrestler! Ill fight you!

Jabro beat us both to it. :v:

In any case mine is the Macho KING Randy Savage. I picked an alternate skin. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just did a quick count of the votes so far. Obviously this is unofficial since I in no way act on behalf of this league, its' commissioner, or any of its members.

quote:

---1: remove the Te slot and replace it with a flex

Yes - 4
NO - 12

At least twelve people are planning on drafting Kelce. Nobody tell them how many Travis Kelces are in the league.

I'll seriously never understand this when TE is consistently a lower scoring position than kicker every year and one or two of the top five are guys who put up half their points in a couple of monster games and just kinda farted around otherwise.

quote:

---2: Trades Need 2 days/8 veto votes, 1 day/8 veto votes, instant/no veto votes)
to process

2 days/8 votes - 0
1 days/8 votes - 5
0 days/0 votes - 10

quote:

---3: Remove the Punter position

YES - 9
No - 7

I'm stunned this one is this close. I really wanted it last year as a goof. Now that we've done it, I don't really care much either way but I think this league benefits from having more positions to score points with, so I voted to keep it. I totally get why people don't like it though.

quote:

---4: Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring

yes - 8
no - 8

Standard defensive scoring kinda sucks and I like it that the current setup has made defenses actually relevant. Certainly more relevant than 80% of the TES that get played every year. In a league where the difference makers are spread thin, turning a few defenses into those difference makers, and making most of the rest at least worth playing, helps with parity imo.

quote:

---5: Remove DST and add one IDP position

Yes - 2
NO - 14

quote:

---6: if a game is cancelled and not replayed, Final Fantasy score stands

YES - 12
No - 4

quote:

---7: If prop #4 passes, eliminate negative points at D/ST scoring

YES - 11
No - 5

quote:

---8: Remove D/ST and replace it with nothing

Yes - 3
NO -12

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

What about Monday August 28th? I don’t have any drafts on that day. Same time, 8PM Eastern. Does that cause problems with anyone else?

Monday doesn't work for me since I have my D&D game that night. I'm currently paying a slime barbarian. :sss:

Not sure how much we were thinking of moving the date but August 20th is also a no-go for me since Goon Beer League's draft is that night.

Also love the draft order format. Unless I go in the middle of the pack and then I hate it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I know this is Labor Day weekend, but what does Sunday September 3rd look like (same time around 8 Eastern) for everyone?

I really want to get everyone in or as many people that can make it as possible. It’s way more fun with no bots.

That'd be fine for me.

Might not make it for the Sunday night draft reveal thing. Wife and I are juggling some plans between tonight and tomorrow night.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm gonna wait for the Netflix anime adaptation where EconDad and I are high school rivals.

Seriously though, wife and I had to push our date night to tonight and we've been trying to make time for each other lately so I'm prioritizing her. :roboluv:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Just a reminder before you start your Labor Day plans, the draft is Sunday night! Mark your calendars, and draft responsibly.

I'm not about to start now. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Draft day! :dance:

I’ve actually got two drafts today, LSU plays tonight, and there’s an AEW PPV. It’s a good day!

SB's gonna be distracted everybody, pick all his players while he's watchin' TV.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

chrix posted:

Brian Robinson wanted me to ask: have any players gotten shot today that I should know about before the draft?

*door slamming*

Seven.

I will not be answering any further questions at this time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Good draft, there were definitely a couple of snipes that had me :argh: but what can you do?

Gimme them Eagles you bastard!

E: my first three picks went exactly how I'd wanted so I guess I can't complain. Taylor falling to me in the 4th was a very :allbuttons: moment

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think I'm just going to drop any Chiefs player not named Mahomes after this week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zach Wilson is a lotto ticket. In that your odds of winning with him are nearly identical to your odds of winning without him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Why draft a TE when you can just pick up a perfectly serviceable Taysom Hill off the scrap heap instead?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

News: my team is projected to have 122.8 points this week, the largest total of any team by far.

Views: I'm gonna lose by 80.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Love having the highest score in the league one week and then having (probably) the lowest score the next week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It's somebody else's turn to pick up Taysom Hill.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Skellingtown Skeletons is back for the spooky season and I may just leave it that way afterward.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Anybody want a Miles Sanders or a Cameron Johnston? That's right, you could have the coveted Texans' Punter for the right price. Mostly looking for a TE that can do things like "catch a pass" and "actually be involved in play."

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 11, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Waller and Henry are both on the market. Lets talk turkey.

First offer I sent out for Sanders got taken. It was probably a terrible idea on my part!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Those kinds of TEs exist?!? I thought they were unicorns.

Oh yeah, there's usually 4-5 every year. The hierarchy is always...

1: Kelce

2-5: Andrews and a few random guys, at least two of which got 1/4 of their total points in a single stupid game. Their point totals put them on par with about the 30th best WR in any given year.

6+ : poo poo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, looks like Hekker is on bye. Good thing I hung onto Cameron Johnston all these weeks so now I have a fill-in.

Wait, they have the same bye week!? :mad:

E: Anyone want a Ravens defense or a punter on bye?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 17, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s not fantasy football if Quiet Feet isn’t trading.

All I know is that if KW3 ever goes down I'm getting my second 'chip.

E: anyone want a top-3 punter who's on their bye week?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sad I dropped Taysom before his annual Stupid Number Of Points game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

pmchem posted:

every single team in dan marino division is 4-3

Exactly what I would expect from the division with the most rings. :smug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

So far the only offer I have is for someone who has 4 yards this season.

As much of a hater as I am for Carr, I would like something more than that.

You need to learn to advertise.

I got a Derek Carr
I want a flex that you can spare
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere
Any player is better
About .500, got nothing to lose
Maybe you've got something
Me, myself, receiver's what I'd choose

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Was projected to be one of the top 3 scoring teams this week. Now looking like the bottom 3.

Said this in the main FF thread but I swear to loving god, ANY time a team of mine is projected to be a massive favorite, it gets absolutely shithoused.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

In the past 5 weeks I've had two ~135-point games and two ~65-point games, like someone is flicking the good/bad switch on my stupid team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

In the past 5 weeks I've had two ~135-point games and two ~65-point games, like someone is flicking the good/bad switch on my stupid team.

136 points? Cool, whoever is in charge flicked the good switch this week! :dance:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

All I know is Justin Fields should take all the time he needs to get better and that should mean not playing this Thursday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can't believe I won this week with Mostert and Mahomes on bye. Lol. Lmao.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A couple weeks ago I had been posting about being open to trades and a few people PM'd me, but I never got a chance to respond: I have not been paying much attention to fantasy because my wife's pregnancy had some issues towards the end (baby was breach, for those familiar, and baby girl is apparently stubborn like her mother and refused to flip). Baby was born last week; both her and momma are healthy thankfully but the wife is recovering from the c-section and our toddler has RSV which could kill the baby if we're not careful so I'm still not able to respond to PMs or negotiate trades right now.

Sorry you've had to go through that but glad to hear your baby and wife are alright!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Marino with two teams at 7-6, two at 6-7, and nobody eliminated. 4/5 teams in the top 10 in PF.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

4/5 in the top 10? Those are some rookie numbers, Namath has 4/5 in the top 5.

So 80% of the top teams are in two divisions?

What the hell is going on in Montana and Romo?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Can't help but feel I'm probably gonna be on the outside looking in after this week. Taylor went out at the worst possible time, Browns defense regressed hard, and Mostert lost a bunch of work with Achane back. Feels like a miracle I got this far after drafting Sanders and Ridley in the 2nd and 3rd.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Last minute Titans fumble and subsequent random Mostert TD puts me over the top! :woop: :woop: :woop:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just gotta go against the top team in PF while missing Jonathon Taylor, I'm sure this is gonna go swell.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ninja Bob posted:

Seems unfair to put my garbage team in the good division, I will be filing a complaint. :mods:

And here Econdad specifically chose to be in that division.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Time to open a Flacco division

Need a name change for Taco Tuesday to Flacco Tuesday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't even know why I bothered setting a lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

PMChem you better win the whole thing this year.