Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Ninja Turtle?
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
View Results

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Returning Team: M. Night Shanahan

PROPOSALS FOR SEASON 15 (simple majority wins)
1. Remove the TE slot and replace it with a flex position (yes/no) No
2. Trades will need (2 days/8 veto votes, 1 day/8 veto votes, instant/no veto votes) to process. 1 day/8 veto votes
3. Remove the punter position (yes/no) Yes Kind of torn on this even though I did not like it at all last year, mainly because I had a top punter.
4. Revert to standard ESPN defense scoring Yes
5. Remove DST and add one IDP position in its place. No
6. If a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. No There are better ways to math it IMO.
7. If #4 passes, eliminate negative points in the D/ST position (but keep all other standard scoring). Yes
8. Remove DST, add nothing to replace it (yes/no) No

For the draft:
I have not watched wrestling since I was like ... 9 or so, so going to go with Road Warrior Hawk, since Legion of Doom is pretty much the only thing I can remember from then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just saying, the one season I changed my name I won*. Like children, some names just have bad vibes.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I like TE for this league because it forces people to make decisions early in the draft. Do you want a good TE, a solid QB, or a top #2 RB/WR: pick 2? Anything that causes divergence from a generic ADP list is good IMO.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 27, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
If there are people who cannot make our usual last Sunday of August, I am ok with moving it. I like the usual consistency since I have 2 leagues with fixed draft dates (including this one) which makes it easier to plan for the 2 leagues that do not have fixed draft dates. Would the target still be a weekend day?

Edit: If you spent all this effort for a wrestling thing, I say go ahead with that this year, can use that fancy randomizer for another year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Posted in the fantasy thread for the open spot. First come first served.

If we held the draft reveal Sunday night at 9PM Eastern/8 Central, would anyone be interested in watching/commenting via Discord? The match itself is roughly 20-25 minutes long. If I can figure out how to record the Discord audio and play the video, I’ll post it in this thread too.

If I have Discord sitting around and it works I would try to watch live and cheer on my wrestler. I don't really have a strong preference for draft spot yet so I am not sure what I would be cheering for, outside of my guy winning to win.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

No worries, whoever can make it, you’re more than welcome.

How does Sunday September 3rd look for everyone else?

I think it works for me.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Oh, I forgot to watch.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
So I improved 2 spots because of some trade I am not involved in. I am ready for management because I am falling upwards :cool:.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

EconDad posted:

I'm 0.8 points down on Spinnin Freeneys from being the top PF (currently 2nd)... and I am the highest PA. In a 20 team league this sounds nearly impossible. I'm 3-4.

Put Electric Blue in the Louvre. He's beaaaauuutiiifulllll

You are tied with Spinning Freeneys for most expected wins at 4.89. There is actually a ton of parity in the league this year, no one is really blowing up the league or falling that far behind by expected wins, it is too bad about that actual wins thing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I had a punter start the game with a -5 point punt from a return TD, managed to get back to 1 though.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Six more weeks to go. If the playoffs started today, all of the AFC Marino/Namath participants would be 5-3, but every other team is 4-4 with one 2-6 exception.

On the NFC Montana/Romo side, we have one 6-2 team and five 4-4 teams. Every other team is 3-5.

So look at your roster. Make some moves if you need to. Send out some trade offers if you want. We’re all in the same boat more or less. Trade deadline is in a month. No one is out of it yet, so keep at it!

By projected wins the top 8 teams in the league are all in the AFC. Well, to be fair the best NFC team (Shelbyville) is tied with the 8th AFC team (Taco Tuesday). Phone posting right now, otherwise I could show data.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Jeez, the defensive options literally do not exist with my defense on bye.

I sent a trade request if you are interested.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Pretty sure the Patriots got in the 50s a few years back.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Marino with two teams at 7-6, two at 6-7, and nobody eliminated. 4/5 teams in the top 10 in PF.

4/5 in the top 10? Those are some rookie numbers, Namath has 4/5 in the top 5.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I think I am win and in if I checked stuff correctly, but if I lose there is no longshot path to make the playoffs either. I am kind of surprised, I thought I was completely out of the running. Who knew that losing 3 games by less than 3 points would matter...

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I did not predict getting knocked out of the playoffs by Joe Flacco before the season started. Well, I thought 129 was a respectable score...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
The conferences were very lopsided this year, where 8 of the top 9 teams by expected wins were in the AFC, and 4/5 of the top 5 were in Namath. Bolded teams made the playoffs. Expected wins is point and win independent, but a reasonable measure for team strength. It is just a rank ordering of how many teams you would have beat each week, so for each week the top score gets 1 win, the bottom score gets 0 wins, and everyone else gets some fraction based on how many teams they would have beat for each individual week. Not that it matters for anything, just dumb stuff to do at work.

Edit: Each division's cumulative wins would be:
Joe Namath: 42.34
Dan Marino: 40.08
Tony Romo: 29.66
Joe Montana: 27.92

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 13, 2023