Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
That should have been between 50-45 and 48-47, whatever judge had 50-42 needs to be fired immediately. Emmett could have won the first, could have won the third, it was closer than the bad announcing team made it seem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Kinda think Emmett should put a stake in his gloves

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/ufcnews/status/1672725675143467008

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I would score that 49-44

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Well, Chris Lee should never work again. What the gently caress is that? Round 3 could have gone either way, and that jackass had it 10-8? Then round 4 as a 10-7, when that same kind of round in any other fight is 10-9.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Super Deuce posted:

That should have been between 50-45 and 48-47, whatever judge had 50-42 needs to be fired immediately. Emmett could have won the first, could have won the third, it was closer than the bad announcing team made it seem.

We'll never be rid of Chris Lee, but I don't know what fight you were watching to get 48-47.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Brut posted:

We'll never be rid of Chris Lee, but I don't know what fight you were watching to get 48-47.

I didn't have it 48-47, but Emmett could have easily been given round 1 because of activity as nothing really happened, and round 3 was similarly close. Round 4 was a 10-9 round. 48-47 is the best score Emmett could have gotten and it's not unreasonable to have scored it that. I had it 49-46.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the only round i thought i could conceivably give emmett was 5, so i feel like we def watched totally different fights

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Super Deuce posted:

I didn't have it 48-47, but Emmett could have easily been given round 1 because of activity as nothing really happened, and round 3 was similarly close. Round 4 was a 10-9 round. 48-47 is the best score Emmett could have gotten and it's not unreasonable to have scored it that. I had it 49-46.

Round 4 was Josh Emmett throwing tons of blitzes that barely landed, repeatedly almost falling over from leg kicks, getting dropped twice and nearly stopped. I do not think round 4 getting a 10-8 is questionable at all. I wouldn't personally go 10-7, but 10-8 seems extremely correct.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

49-45 seemed about right to me

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

CarlCX posted:

Round 4 was Josh Emmett throwing tons of blitzes that barely landed, repeatedly almost falling over from leg kicks, getting dropped twice and nearly stopped. I do not think round 4 getting a 10-8 is questionable at all. I wouldn't personally go 10-7, but 10-8 seems extremely correct.

Typically a 10-8 is when the losing fighter isn’t able to even attempt offense. That’s how it maybe should be, but never is.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Super Deuce posted:

Typically a 10-8 is when the losing fighter isn’t able to even attempt offense. That’s how it maybe should be, but never is.

That's how it used to be. They updated the rules and now 10-8 criteria is multiple paragraphs, including:

the ABC posted:

Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10-8 when a fighter IMPACTS their opponent significantly in a round even though they do not dominate the action. Effectiveness in striking or grappling which leads to a diminishing of a fighter’s energy, confidence, abilities and spirit. All of these come as a direct result of negative impact. When a fighter is hurt with strikes, showing a lack of control or ability, these can be defining moments in the fight. If a judge sees that a fighter has been significantly damaged in the round the judge should CONSIDER the score of 10-8.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Yea I’m aware. It’s just still not scored that way consistently. Just like in all sports, rules that aren’t consistent are bad.

Speaking of, Big Dan asking people to work on the prelims when they were in a position for like 6 seconds was obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Super Deuce posted:

Speaking of, Big Dan asking people to work on the prelims when they were in a position for like 6 seconds was obnoxious.

100% agree with you there