Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
an app that only scrolls diagonally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

fart simpson posted:

a company that matches people with good credit to people with bad credit seeking loans. they share their names, addresses, and social security numbers with each other, and the person with good credit uses that info to add the person with bad credit as an authorized user on their credit cards

having access to that credit card instantly boosts the credit rating of the other person, so they can get approved for their mortgage or loan or w/e or get a better interest rate. they pay the platform like $100 and the platform pays out $40 or $50 to the person who lent their credit card. win win!

This already happened. It was called borrowed ladders or something. Yes, some of the bad credit people figures out how to get the credit card details and run up the credit card.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Internet Old One posted:

This already happened. It was called borrowed ladders or something. Yes, some of the bad credit people figures out how to get the credit card details and run up the credit card.

yea I’m sure he’s referencing that from that ladies TikTok that was going around. & from that we learn it pays almost nothing, like $40 per person you do this for, which is very little given just how much an untrustworthy random can gently caress your credit up

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Free tax preparation software that you can pay extra to unlock profanity, nudity, gore, and other GTAesque content.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
gamified tax prep software where providing more and more info gets you points redeemable for loot boxes that that can contain varying degrees of redeemable “deals”

it’s all funded by selling your financial information, and the quality of “deals” you get is related to the value of the information

put in your last five years’ returns for an ultra box! it’s a chance to win triple your refund or $100 off if you have to pay!

better scan in all your receipts to see if those deductions would add up to more than the standard, and with your purchasing preferences recorded you get 2x points! win-win!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

add in a MLM scheme for inviting friends and family

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
a large language model making multi-level-marketing material leveraging machine learning methodologies

or LLMMMLMMLMLM

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

AtomD posted:

a large language model making multi-level-marketing material leveraging machine learning methodologies

or LLMMMLMMLMLM

that's not how roman numerals work :mad:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
steam sales but for cars

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Fart Sandwiches posted:

steam sales but for cars

vehicle financing but for video games

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

micro transactions for clothes

want to buy one trouser leg? What about half a bra? Now you can!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cheap clothes that fall apart after you wear them once

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Branch Nvidian posted:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

micro transactions for clothes

want to buy one trouser leg? What about half a bra? Now you can!

it’s not at this granularity, but clothing rental is already a thing and it’s becoming trendy, pitched as a way to stay in fashion

some services even do it Netflix-style where you pay a monthly fee for a certain number of pieces, and can send them back whenever, or choose to pay a fee and keep them forever to reopen that slot in your subscription

some also rent accessories

how soon until some label only do rental, and maybe even require their return, as part of exerting further control over their “brand?”

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Branch Nvidian posted:

pretty sure GameStop offers financing

maybe it’s not at the car dealer level yet but it’s no doubt coming, especially as console prices rise

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

yeah that Klarna buy now pay later company will offer it on literally anything, it's zero percent so you know for sure that it's based around you not paying to schedule and getting reamed by the interest

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
ai assistant plugin for jira but it just assigns gpt generated stories to random people

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

HamAdams posted:

ai assistant plugin for jira but it just assigns gpt generated stories to random people

but we already have a scrum master :confused:

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
realtime generative llm that parses discussions around you and provides snappy comebacks to your AR goggles for you to say as if you thought them up all by yourself

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah that Klarna buy now pay later company will offer it on literally anything, it's zero percent so you know for sure that it's based around you not paying to schedule and getting reamed by the interest

that and fees presumably.

hmm aren’t they literally credit card companies then?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Eeyo posted:

that and fees presumably.

hmm aren’t they literally credit card companies then?

no there's no fee if you make the repayments to schedule (as opposed to paying a premium for splitting the payment/accruing interest), I actually looked it up and aside from any late penalties (which they claim are only 1% of cases but that's obviously gonna be hugely skewed) they charge retailers a free for the service

hmm I wonder how "encouraging people to buy things they cannot immediately afford" and "late fees" could possibly go together

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Outsourced project management for Republican outrage campaigns.

An educational financing app for my mesmerizing 17 year old co-worker.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

russian propaganda farms but it's about bigging up your own life

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fresh_cheese posted:

realtime generative llm that parses discussions around you and provides snappy comebacks to your AR goggles for you to say as if you thought them up all by yourself

finally i can match the cunning wit of grok

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

of current models llama 3 does the best approximation of a fun drunk

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

atms of the future. No buttons, no card slot, just a touchscreen with a full keyboard. just enter your username, password and 2fa code, then you can converse with it via a centralised chatgpt server running on a Pentium 3 in the cheapest third world country we could find.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

no there's no fee if you make the repayments to schedule (as opposed to paying a premium for splitting the payment/accruing interest), I actually looked it up and aside from any late penalties (which they claim are only 1% of cases but that's obviously gonna be hugely skewed) they charge retailers a free for the service

hmm I wonder how "encouraging people to buy things they cannot immediately afford" and "late fees" could possibly go together

sorry i meant fees charged to the seller. like credit card companies charge a few percent of the transaction to the seller.

then otherwise there’s no fees for many credit cards. if you pay on time you don’t pay extra. you get hit if you don’t.

so idk it just kinda sounds like a credit card, but called klarna.

like if you purchased a dozen different things with 6 payments each, it’s effectively like you’re just paying a balance each month of what you spend? you’re just rearranging it a lil bit but all the traps are there for you to walk into just like a credit card.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

oh right I get what you mean now, high five

anyway back on track:
pay as you go elevators/lifts

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

youtube channel where two middle aged guys talk about harry potter for twelve straight years

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

youtube channel where two middle aged guys talk about harry potter for twelve straight years

make it about computers and call it YosTube

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

business where u pay $x a month for a membership that lets you borrow books from their collection to read and return at a later date

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

company that uses venture capital funding to purchase municipal water supplies from small towns around america & jack up water usage fees after the ipo

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

residential toll roads

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

membership program where you pay some amount per month and it tells you about various membership programs

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

vinyl records with ads between tracks

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

a smart torque wrench that requires DLC to access different torque settings, each with a specific number of uses before it has to be reloaded

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Website that uses chat gpt to summarize discord communities and create weird little geocities style websites summarizing whatever they’re talking about. Then when people stumble on them nostalgic for the early 2000s web experience they get served ads targeted at older people

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
an ai phone spam detector that's really just a guy in India

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a company that sells bound hardcopy versions of wikipedia, and every year or two they update it and fact check it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

eschaton posted:

membership program where you pay some amount per month and it tells you about various membership programs

there are apps that you pay a subscription for where they’ll manage your other subscriptions.

houseplant loot box. you get a random house plant to kill every 2 months. always some trendy flavor of the month variegated cultivar garbage