Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

iLadies? I lay deez nuts on your face

As for startup ideas, I've thought about making an app that basically does only the invite/events part of Facebook. That was genuinely useful eight years ago when everyone was on FB and thus every event was on FB. Apparently the app IRL was claiming to do that, before it turned out that the whole thing was fake. I don't actually ever want to be in a startup, though. I just want this thing to exist so there isn't a mish-mash of a few dozen different places where one might receive an invite for something.

it's evite's time to shine again!

the core issue is someone has to pay for it and even with a time, place and theme I bet ad sales wouldn't cover the cost so we're back into selling customer data

e: funny thing when I was at evite we were working on a project to add a chat board and pictures to events but we all got laid off before we we could build the feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

distortion park posted:

Gatchas for phones/groceries/household items. Make shopping fun!

1/500 you get a bottle of real balsamic [but you wanted white vinegar]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

startup idea: get a bunch of vc dollars using hot air about ai collateralization of public parks or something then take the money and instead build a bunch of places with bathrooms and laundry facilities and a trust to fund ongoing maintenance and management

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

git apologist posted:

fully automated luxury gay space communism

lol good luck pitching that on sand hill road

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

HamAdams posted:

dog food for humans

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

an app that takes people's garbage poo poo done in figma* and turns it into illegible drawings on a napkin like it deserves

*Balls

I have actual serious thoughts about designers not working on paper or whiteboards anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's mostly "old man yells at cloud-based design software" but there's actual research about how transcribing an idea improves both understanding of the problem and my own experience when doing this stuff when I used to go whiteboard > at least one round of paper > computer

of course most folks don't have time to work that way anymore [including me] which is I suspect the real problem